Check your account email address ×

2024 Ski Doo

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Nope and I can’t say I’m a fan of the Polaris either. I was pretty critical of it at points. I don’t see the point of adding all that complexity when they could make the same amount of power for less cost out of a 900cc engine.

Why does Ford produce the Eco-Boost?  Guarantee they can do it for less than a similarly powered V8.   Yes production scale is massively different but who knows.   Obviously here we are talking the same amount of cylinders.   

Edited by Highmark

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Why does Ford produce the Eco-Boost?  Guarantee they can do it for less than a similarly powered V8.   Yes production scale is massively different but who knows.   Obviously here we are talking the same amount of cylinders.   

The eco boost makes sense for a truck 

7 hours ago, Bontz said:

I think it'll be 2025 (another anniversary year) before we see the 9r in a flatland sled.  Too much going on with 850 NA, Turbo, and a 9R as options this year - especially when Polaris is still dealing with expenses on all their quality control bullshit.  My guess is XCR 9R for 2025, otherwise mostly BNG's for 2024 with the exception of the 7s gauge getting upped to an 11s.  Talk of smart shocks, but who knows ... if they come out, I'd think that's only going to be in the XCR models.

Few 9r going down lately.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Also reading about some Boosts that are hanging the throttles.

Both Boosts in the group I ride with have something going on with the throttle hanging, too.  Not necessarily BAD, because it's on the low end of RPM's and speed, but it's noticeable.

34 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Both Boosts in the group I ride with have something going on with the throttle hanging, too.  Not necessarily BAD, because it's on the low end of RPM's and speed, but it's noticeable.

Sounds like the ‘19 850’s. 

43 minutes ago, oldslowsledder said:

Thank You, my point exactly. Rumor has it they are sold out of Doo Turbo's already, apparently a 1000 unit limited build. Those of us who snoozed may lose

So only 2X the number of catalysts that will be built and shipped in 23'.

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, ACE said:

Literally means nothing 

I’ll take a 2004 kenworth over a 2024 any day 

You'd take the 24 kenworth if it came without the pollution control I bet.

6 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

Take away the def and it's all good.

Incorrect. The very high pressure systems are problematic and very expensive to repair 

the best diesels were a series 60, N14 Cummins and c15 cat