2024 Sleds... what's coming

27 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

yes, Polaris did a great job copying the REV 

The ergos are nothing like the REV at all.   Sit on a matryx or axys or pro ride, they are not close to as far forward as a REV at all.

In that video the rider stated the catalyst felt like a Polaris.   Interesting comparison when Doo is the sales leader, if poo copied doo ergoes why would he compare it to a polaris?

Edited by Boonbocker1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Boonbocker1 said:

The ergos are nothing like the REV at all.   Sit on a matryx or axys or pro ride, they are not close to as far forward as a REV at all.

In that video the rider stated the catalyst felt like a Polaris.   Interesting comparison when Doo is the sales leader, if poo copied doo ergoes why would he compare it to a polaris?

the entire rider forward revolution... started with the Rev and was copied by the others.

fun factor... :roflcrying:

funny, @Not greg b was just telling me on Saturday how much the Axys and Matryx look like a 2008 Arctic Cat SP with the panels off.  

57 minutes ago, Boonbocker1 said:

I said it before, Cat needs to stop focusing on Polaris and go after trying to win over the doo buyers.  Thats their best chance of success.

Agree with this for a couple of reasons.  Poo still won't release their turbo 4 stroke and Doo riders that still have not switched to Poo by now are likely not going to so open season for cat.  

But cat has a shitload of work to do first and most of it is going to take years.  They need a proven reliable performance 2 stroke.  If it lands next season it will take at least 2-3 more seasons to prove to everyone that it is the real deal and reliable.  They need to purpose build the catalyst for the Yami engine i.e better balanced overall than it is in the PC chassis.  That's if they still have the option to sell it moving forward.  The drive train needs to be bullet proof reliable with zero issues.  No clutching problems, no drive bearing problems, no issues with the new belt drive, period.  

If they can get these things ironed out I think they can take sales away from doo.

Oh, and the big one.  If their sleds are going to be the most expensive options on the market they have to better in every single way.

Edited by jdsky
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Bontz said:

"Very Polaris-y feel to it" .... I love that, and can't help but hear Ramstad bitching about that comment :roflcrying:  And the not-so-surprising comment of, "Obviously guys coming from an 850 or turbo it will feel a bit lazy" (expected).

Would of been nice if the speedo was in MPH. Wanted to see what that puppy could do at the end of the video. Nice matching suit also!!!!!:barney:

21 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

the entire rider forward revolution... started with the Rev and was copied by the others.

funny, @Not greg b was just telling me on Saturday how much the Axys and Matryx look like a 2008 Arctic Cat SP with the panels 

Yet the poo feels nothing like a doo and according to that video the catalyst is very polaris feeling.  Got it

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Boonbocker1 said:

Yet the poo feels nothing like a doo and according to that video the catalyst is very polaris feeling.  Got it

if it's like a Cat SP chassis or Modern Polaris chassis, I'm interested.  If it's the Procross I'm not 

Pretty sure the snoscoot was more rider forward before any others.  Oh and last I checked all these sleds have slide rails too oh my gosh I just came. 

-idiotfreedomsledders

2 hours ago, Boonbocker1 said:

I said it before, Cat needs to stop focusing on Polaris and go after trying to win over the doo buyers.  Thats their best chance of success.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery though

You can’t win over Doo riders they’re a cult following that refuse to try anything else. “Ski Doo is the best and I couldn’t tell you why but they are.” Remember these are the people who had 500ss’s and were amazed they had “600 like power”

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Palu49 said:

You can’t win over Doo riders they’re a cult following that refuse to try anything else. “Ski Doo is the best and I couldn’t tell you why but they are.” Remember these are the people who had 500ss’s and were amazed they had “600 like power”

Yeah. I do remember that. Naming a 600 CC sled a 500 has a tendency to make it feel  a lot like a 600.

4 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

You can’t win over Doo riders they’re a cult following that refuse to try anything else. 

Poo has already won over more than a few and it shows in their sales numbers.  There's been by far more new poos on our trails over the last couple of years than anything else.  

1 hour ago, jdsky said:

Agree with this for a couple of reasons.  Poo still won't release their turbo 4 stroke and Doo riders that still have not switched to Poo by now are likely not going to so open season for cat.  

But cat has a shitload of work to do first and most of it is going to take years.  They need a proven reliable performance 2 stroke.  If it lands next season it will take at least 2-3 more seasons to prove to everyone that it is the real deal and reliable.  They need to purpose build the catalyst for the Yami engine i.e better balanced overall than it is in the PC chassis.  That's if they still have the option to sell it moving forward.  The drive train needs to be bullet proof reliable with zero issues.  No clutching problems, no drive bearing problems, no issues with the new belt drive, period.  

If they can get these things ironed out I think they can take sales away from doo.

Oh, and the big one.  If their sleds are going to be the most expensive options on the market they have to better in every single way.

Just checking in to make sure you mean this will make people switch from Doo because Doo still can’t figure it out? Even their 600s don’t last around here. Big bore etecs are 4000ish mile motors and 600s are 5-6k life expectancy. At least the Ctecs are 300 OR 15k mile motors and polaris guys don’t act like their 4-5k mile big bores are bulletproof 

3 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

You must have consulted the way back machine with the 500SS reference. 2009 was the end. News flash tho, based on the majority of posters on sled sites whatever they ride is the best hands down. Not just Doo riders. There's a couple of Cat guys here that prove that point.

9 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

Just checking in to make sure you mean this will make people switch from Doo because Doo still can’t figure it out? Even their 600s don’t last around here. Big bore etecs are 4000ish mile motors and 600s are 5-6k life expectancy. At least the Ctecs are 300 OR 15k mile motors and polaris guys don’t act like their 4-5k mile big bores are bulletproof 

I really don't give two shits if anyone changes brands but if cat builds better products people will buy them.  Too many diehard cat fanatics have argued for too many years that cat has the perfect product lineup - see dumstad.  Poo has improved their products a shit ton over the past half decade and their sales reflect that.

None of this has anything to do with how many miles a given rider can put on a 2 smoker before it smokes.  My 600's had zero issues ever.  Even my fucking old as dirt 98' ZR died only because my son decided to launch it onto a solid pile of ice that he thought was snow.  I call total bullshit on any 600's failing early these days unless user fucking error.  Big bore smokers?  YMMV regardless of brand so again, not the reason anyone is buying one manufacturer over the other. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Ziemann said:

I believe Jim @ZR6000RR went to great lengths to defend Cat's primer gray..... I thought it sucked. Now Polaris? WTF.....that color combo still sucks. Fortunately, primer gray isn't the underlying theme for all of their sleds like it was for Cat. 

At least with the Polaris, you have a choice. Thank god Cat left that color phase behind....

1678553134653-productstill.png.694b4398ae2967849e6dc0e79a368044.png

1678553338171-productstill.png.23b1437b7fc9ca24c4ef518cfba50564.png

Back when Cat went out of business, Polaris tried to capitalize by offering an elTigre-like machine in black with green accents.  I liked it, but couldn't afford a new sled in those days, so I settled for the snow suit.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

funny, @Not greg b was just telling me on Saturday how much the Axys and Matryx look like a 2008 Arctic Cat SP with the panels off.  

The one I have has a similar riding position to the 500. Steering feels similar too. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Boonbocker1 said:

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery though

💯

Going after Polaris only weakens both against Doo.

5 hours ago, Boonbocker1 said:

Cat isn't focusing on anything but thier new sled.
And now your Polaris is old news, with a old chaincase, on a 8 year old chassis.

• Gold Member
46 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

And now your Polaris is old news, with a old chaincase, on a 8 year old chassis.

It’s to bad if you want anything other than a 600 you still have to buy cats 12yr old news 

1 hour ago, stinkipinki said:

Same chassis Cat tried to emulate with their "new" design.  Hope their new chaincase is more reliable than their new clutch setup from when the Procross was new.

42 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

It’s to bad if you want anything other than a 600 you still have to buy cats 12yr old news 

Sold out, but you are probably not even Blast worthy. More like 40 hp evo. :groin: