2024 Sleds... what's coming

3 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

some oddball stuff here... and the Enduro   :(

Ugghh.🤮

I’d much rather watch the two chicks talking about Lynx sleds. I’m like 10 seconds in and this brobrah is already fucking annoying.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/18/2023 at 2:44 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

idk as I'm not about to sit and research it all, but even if you are correct that's still 600 or 700 new sleds for P&D getting floor planned.

isn't Mies Outland a big MN Powersports Dealer? 

75 in St Cloud/Watkins https://www.miesoutlandstcloud.com/--inventory?category=snowmobile&condition=new&pg=1

Kens shows 75 https://kenssports.com/Showroom/New-Inventory/New/Snowmobiles (7 Cats) (68 Polaris)

Mies only has the units with pictures, the rest aren't there.  They always have more on their website than in person.  Considering that they regularly would have 400+ used sleds in stock at one time plus their new inventory it doesn't look like they have jack shit atm.

8 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Mies only has the units with pictures, the rest aren't there.  They always have more on their website than in person.  Considering that they regularly would have 400+ used sleds in stock at one time plus their new inventory it doesn't look like they have jack shit atm.

I drove passed their Watkins location last week and there weren’t many snowmobile crates out there. Not compared to what they usually have 

1 hour ago, Not greg b said:

I drove passed their Watkins location last week and there weren’t many snowmobile crates out there. Not compared to what they usually have 

Before Covid, I went to the Polaris new model showing in Medina at the ballroom.  Mies was there to sign people up for Snow Check orders.  It felt too convenient.  Kind of like getting a glass of water at Wall Drug, climbing on the giant jackrabbit and buying a set of souvenir shot glasses without getting out of your car.

On that SHOT system, do you still need to manually start the sled the first time whenever you ride it, or is it capable of holding a charge for like a month?  That's an interesting system.  If you could plug it in once a month for 15 minutes to charge it, why wouldn't everyone want one?  On the other hand, if we could buy LiFePo batteries for the same price as lead acid, why would we want a wimpy Shot system, when we can have a full-blown electric start for the same weight?  There's probably something else to the Shot system, like a super light weight starter or something?

The water injection is interesting.  Does any other industry use that any more?  During WW II, wasn't that part of the "war emergency power" on fighter planes?  I don't think they ran on it all the time.  I wonder if Ski Doo can use water injection instead of an intercooler?

Edited by p51mstg
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

Before Covid, I went to the Polaris new model showing in Medina at the ballroom.  Mies was there to sign people up for Snow Check orders.  It felt too convenient.  Kind of like getting a glass of water at Wall Drug, climbing on the giant jackrabbit and buying a set of souvenir shot glasses without getting out of your car.

On that SHOT system, do you still need to manually start the sled the first time whenever you ride it, or is it capable of holding a charge for like a month?  That's an interesting system.  If you could plug it in once a month for 15 minutes to charge it, why wouldn't everyone want one?  On the other hand, if we could buy LiFePo batteries for the same price as lead acid, why would we want a wimpy Shot system, when we can have a full-blown electric start for the same weight?  There's probably something else to the Shot system, like a super light weight starter or something?

The water injection is interesting.  Does any other industry use that any more?  During WW II, wasn't that part of the "war emergency power" on fighter planes?  I don't think they ran on it all the time.  I wonder if Ski Doo can use water injection instead of an intercooler?

The shot system is like cat’s battery less efi system when it comes to that. When cold, cat says 2 pulls to start. A lot of times it will start with one pull after sitting over night. The shot system is like that. You have a 50/50 chance of it working after sitting over night. 

the water injection is them marketing “meth injection” the automotive world has used forever with a different word. It is basically windshield washer fluid. Meth injection is a way the automotive world uses to get around fuel system capacities, inter coolers, not enough octane. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, jdsky said:

So, if the doo only has 3lbs of boost and making 180HP, what's the poo boost doing?

Hard to believe BRP dyno'd the competition..... 

turbo.png

You can bet money doo has a boost and it has been all over their dyno. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Goes along well with the dildo seat. Assume you've added those to your sled rob

Can you stay on topic?? Stop posting your gay crap and move along if you can't stay on topic Sean. 

Edited by Badger**
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1