Check your account email address ×

Getting that time of year....predictions on 2024 snowmobiles.

8 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

I make 120-150. I also ride as hard as needed. Grow up fucktard!

He said RACING a 600, not riding on a trail.

1 hour ago, Badger** said:

Everything I told you about the sled is what I was told, so we can call it second hand knowledge. Do I gave a fuck.... NO!!!!  

150240563_2835978666616317_8938364837357091241_n.jpg

Badger, you have gone insane.  This outburst is completely unnecessary and not even remotely related to what anyone else is talking about.  Insane, like you need counseling insane. 

If the 900r wasn’t such a toilet of an engine the ski doo 4 stroke turbo would be better in every way 

mach handles better and is a nicer sled kinda all around. But the engine setup is a toilet 

even if you could at least tune it to 220 hp cheap it be really nice 

but nothing like putting your “Mach Z” to the bar at 75 mph and it feels like a 600 that can’t hit 100 mph 

2 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

I love them. Cant wait to get another 998, ill grab one over the summer. I was gonna see if 75 would bring this home but he sold it.

Screenshot_20230209-100103_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20230209-100118_Facebook.jpg

If 24 is the last year of the T cat that would actually be a really good sled to have. 

42 minutes ago, ACE said:

If 24 is the last year of the T cat that would actually be a really good sled to have. 

I think at the years go on, Arctic Cat will work on 3 things.

1) Gauge Package
2) Rear Skid
3) Thundercat

The question will be, what engine will it use?
Just the new big bore with a turbo and the sled setup for low drag? And maybe max boost?
Like how the Mach Z is just a 900R tapped to the hills, and lowered?
As much as I love the 998 I think that ship has ran its course and 2024 is the last chance to get one of those. I'm not 100% on this but I believe the contract between Cat and Yammy is up correct?

So will Yamaha call it quits in 2025? Or just keep rolling out the ProCross if Cat says its okay? Anyone know?

Edited by stinkipinki

3 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

1) Gauge Package
2) Rear Skid
3) Thundercat

Just the new big bore with a turbo and the sled setup for low drag? And maybe max boost?
As much as I love the 998 I think that ship has ran its course and 2024 is the last chance to get one of those. I'm not 100% on this but I believe the contract between Cat and Yammy is up correct?

So will Yamaha call it quits in 2025? Or just keep rolling out the ProCross if Cat says its okay? Anyone know?

The current gauge is actually good for a base model gauge but they need a premium gauge 

look at doos base model gauge. What shit. 

45 minutes ago, ACE said:
2 hours ago, stinkipinki said:

1) Gauge Package
2) Rear Skid
3) Thundercat

I rode with the man in charge of yamaha production on the line and no, Cat and Yamaha are good and Yamaha is already planning there 2025 lineup. 

I think Cat is going to be facing a tough go for market share for some time to come.   They are several years behind ski doo and even Polaris with engines and chassis.   The Catalyst hopes to be a chassis that competes with the others - but Doo and Poo are well into development of the next ones.  Unless Textron continues to invest in R&D I don’t see much changing for Arctic Cat.   With all that said, I like their sleds and hope the company does well.

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member

Cat absolutely needs some wow factor in the 2-stroke engine department.   They had some of the best motors going back to the late 80's and have really missed out the past 10+ years.  If you want to draw market share a new chassis alone isn't going to do it and neither is 120ish HP 600 and a 155ish HP 800.    

Edited by Highmark

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Cat absolutely needs some wow factor in the 2-stroke engine department.   They had some of the best motors going back to the late 80's and have really missed out the past 10+ years.  If you want to draw market share a new chassis alone isn't going to do it and neither is 120ish HP 600 and a 155ish HP 800.    

They need a 180+ hp 900 

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

At a minimum. 

I think that would do it. Leave ski doo sitting there holding their peckers with their 800 class performing 850

Polaris has their 9r but it’s not like you can just go get one 

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 minutes ago, ACE said:

I think that would do it. Leave ski doo sitting there holding their peckers with their 800 class performing 850

Polaris has their 9r but it’s not like you can just go get one 

I doubt Doo is going to let Poo own the 2-stroke hypersled market especially with a set up that would need very little modification to work in the flatlands.  Limited model and expensive but I wouldn't doubt they will have something.   Word is the 23 Doo's are really shining out west with the changes they made.  Maybe the will just be happy with the 190 hp 900r Turbo too.  

Even if Cat just got competitive in the power dept would be nice.   Just hate to see them underperform.   I really want them to become ultra competitive in the market again.  

My guess is a 850-900 in the 175 HP range for Cat but maybe not until next spring/fall orders.   

Edited by Highmark

58 minutes ago, Kevin said:

I think Cat is going to be facing a tough go for market share for some time to come.   They are several years behind ski doo and even Polaris with engines and chassis.   The Catalyst hopes to be a chassis that competes with the others - but Doo and Poo are well into development of the next ones.  

They "were' several years behind. Now they have the newest chassis.
The G5 is just an updated G4, so Doo's chassis is 6 years old going on 7.
The Matryx is not a new chassis, so Poo's chassis is 8 years old, going on 9. 
Not only that Polaris sleds are riddled with recalls.

The Catalyst is reported to handle better then both, and the belt drive with less moving parts means it has less rolling friction, I think it will be the best Mountain sled.  Polaris and Ski-Doo will be hard pressed to come out with anything anytime soon that its as good or better, as Cat has had several years of R&D making their new sled better then anything out there.
Your comment is valid if its 2022 and we don't know what Cat is doing, but the several years behind anyone comment is complete garbage at this point and is a thing of the past.
As far as sales, it only takes one good product to get sales numbers going again, and word on the street is Catalyst has thousands of pre-orders.

Edited by stinkipinki
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, f7ben said:

Do you ever tire of being universally regarded as an absolute half wit fucking retard dumbfuck by nearly every person anywhere you post? I mean holy fuck are you just as useless and they come.

Could care less what you think of me. Your like a cockroach to me actually.

1 hour ago, stinkipinki said:

The Catalyst is reported to handle better then both, and the belt drive with less moving parts means it has less rolling friction, I think it will be the best Mountain sled.  Polaris and Ski-Doo will be hard pressed to come out with anything anytime soon that its as good or better, as Cat has had several years of R&D making their new sled better then anything out there.
Your comment is valid if its 2022 and we don't know what Cat is doing, but the several years behind anyone comment is complete garbage at this point and is a thing of the past.
As far as sales, it only takes one good product to get sales numbers going again, and word on the street is Catalyst has thousands of pre-orders.

Last year Ski Doo owned 2/3 of the worldwide market.   Polaris had the large majority of the remaining 1/3.   Cat has fallen far behind.  The Catalyst will come out and help - it looks very promising.  But how long until their competitors bring out the next new thing?  My point was that regaining  market share is an uphill climb and will require great product and ongoing investment in R&D.  I’m not bashing Cat either- it’s just where it’s at.  I own and have owned Cats for a long time.  I hope they figure it out.

27 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Last year Ski Doo owned 2/3 of the worldwide market.   Polaris had the large majority of the remaining 1/3.   Cat has fallen far behind.  The Catalyst will come out and help - it looks very promising.  But how long until their competitors bring out the next new thing?  My point was that regaining  market share is an uphill climb and will require great product and ongoing investment in R&D.  I’m not bashing Cat either- it’s just where it’s at.  I own and have owned Cats for a long time.  I hope they figure it out.

Ski doo will just keep putting new plastics on the XP and calling it a new chassis and the hipsters will eat it up 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Kevin said:

I dont give a flying fuck about marketshare. GM sells 500 Malibu's to 1 Corvette. Is the Malibu the better car? Not only will Catalyst propel Cat into good sales again, it also puts a positive spin on the 12-23 ProCross. That chassis won sled of the year in 14, runner up in 16. Its not some ancient piece of junk, its a great flatlander/trail chassis.

Polaris and Ski-Doo are making awesome sleds, all parties are at this point are, good time to be a rider.

The catalyst gets them on par in most areas chassis wise but I highly doubt it's going to get ahead of rMotion.  It's only a 600 and that's just fucking lame no matter how many "800" parts it contains.  They are so far behind in the engine game it's fucking pathetic and they still will be when everyone is riding in the year 2024.  The gauge package is a joke and the dildo size seat is great if you are into that sort of thing. 

No, it's not going to sell anywhere near the numbers that dumfuckstad thinks they will.  Cat, or really Textron, still needs to get their heads out of their asses and decide if they want to lead or continue to try to just keep up.

I am not sure anything coming out these days is great for sledders regardless of the letters on the hood.  Sure, much of it is high tech gadgetry but it all comes and a ridiculous price for what you get and then there are the shitty and short riding seasons that makes me wonder why anyone will shell out $20-30 grand for a new sled, accessories and gear.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, stinkipinki said:

Thats Some Bullshit GIFs | Tenor