Check your account email address ×

3 Advantages Electric Snowmobiles Have Over Gas-Powered Sleds

27 minutes ago, Anler said:

Disadvantages...

Shitty range

Batteries are shit in the cold

Can't find places to recharge

Charge times are shit

Not to mention who wants to listen to ……whirrr whirrr whirrr ……..braaap is where it’s at.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 hours ago, ACE said:

I remember when the loser Lester’s tested them they strangely wouldn’t talk about the range 

If they did talk range it would be riding like an old lady. What does the range look like when hitting it all day, or for 3 hrs?

3 hours ago, mtnloverxtreme2 said:

out here in the steep and deep underload almost non stop at full throttle machines gull back fuel. todays electrics would be a 15 mile maybe sled. then go get a jerry can full of electrons.

stupida fuckin article

About the only application I can see at this point is a flat 5 mile rental sled loop.

Edited by DriftBusta
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

65 mile range but yes lets keep pushing this pos down everyone’s throats. Give it a decent range and maybe it’ll start selling itself.

Needs 150 mile range 

I can see some of the places we stop for lunch and/or a drink just install a bunch of quick chargers in front…not. Carrying extra batteries in a backpack or tunnel bag is really the only option I see to create some more range.

Problem I find with the whole EV movement is the almost complete insistence that EVERYTHING ICE go EV almost immediately when an average intelligence 1st grader should be able to understand the issues with everything from mining capacity to infrastructure.

The idea that on a significant scale electric snowmobiles make ANY sense at all is fucking laughable.    

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 2

sleds are like ski boats.  The friction and resistance losses are far too great for current battery density to make sense from a fitment perspective.

And I agree with others.  If I think of the 5 most frequented pit stops we patronize on our usual loops, MAYBE 1 might install a charger or two.  The rest would tell you to get fucked and buy a gas sled like a man with pubes aught to ride.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Yup.  with the little 5 foot flexible flags hanging off the rear bumper.

Those are law in many states on ATVs and SXS's

:bc: