Check your account email address ×

Here’s what’s happening in the car market.

53 minutes ago, toslow said:

i'm not really seeing any price drops at the retail level,,,, fuckers

Not real fast anyways.  We ended up buying something in November so my wife had a nice car for the winter.  Still around half of what it was retail with 72k miles on it.

4 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Not real fast anyways.  We ended up buying something in November so my wife had a nice car for the winter.  Still around half of what it was retail with 72k miles on it.

What did you end up buying?

Man twenty plus minutes of saying the same thing over and over and over again.  Sold two cars in my fleet this year because I knew this was coming.  Both times from dealers writing me checks.  It was nice for a change vs. haggling over a trade in price.  In both instances they paid way above what the cars should have been worth.

Bought my wife's Mazda back in July of 20' just before covid car prices hit.  Dealer had more of them on the lot than at any other time I had been there for the past 3 years so I was able to buy a $49K stickered vehicle for $40K.  I normally replace her car every three to four years.  I just checked their inventory.  They went from having zero cars 6-8 months ago so order at MSRP to now having 70 cars (of the model she drives) on the lot right now.  Inventory is starting to build fast and they are currently discounting $2.5K off sticker at the moment.  Won't need to buy for another 6-12 months so hopefully things will slowly keep getting back to normal.  

• Like 1

Got out of the new vehicle bs in May of 2020. Bought an older Duramax before prices went through the roof for cheap, with cash. It’s been nice to dump that $400-$500 a month lease payment into something that’s making me money. It’s also kind of fun to have a bit of a project vehicle again too. Now there isn’t a vehicle in my garage newer than a 2006 and the lowest mileage vehicle just rolled 190k last week. Once my house projects are done, and shop is built in my pole barn, I may look into something newer for the wife. She really likes her old Jeep though so for now, it stays. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

2018 Explorer Platinum

20221105_120540.jpg

Nice rig, I thought you were looking at explorers. We have been as well on and off. The prices are lower on them than in may/June when were were looking more frequently. 

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Hopefully the sled market collapses , it’s absolute idiocy 

Agree.  The 20' I bought new in 19' was $14,200.  The same optioned sled in a 23' is now $20K.  I will be keeping my sled for a long time to come unless prices settle back to some sort of reality.

• Like 2

Other than that piece of shit Mercedes sprinter, I bought my last 3 cars from auction. High mileage, one owner. The Toyota sienna is still running for the guy I sold it too. Over 475,000 miles and everything is original except for two sets of tires and a cat since he bought it from me. 

3 hours ago, toslow said:

i'm not really seeing any price drops at the retail level,,,, fuckers

There’s a 6-8 week lag for wholesale price changes to show up on lots. The good thing is auctions have been passing through some quality vehicles. There was nothing but garbage for the last 18-20 months. 

37 minutes ago, jdsky said:

Agree.  The 20' I bought new in 19' was $14,200.  The same optioned sled in a 23' is now $20K.  I will be keeping my sled for a long time to come unless prices settle back to some sort of reality.

Yup , I want to buy a 2-3 year old poo 850 with reasonable miles 2500 or so. Guys want 12-14k for them still and they were 14k brand new. Fuck that 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

Hopefully the sled market collapses , it’s absolute idiocy 

Rates are 7.99% at my local dealer.  That will slow things down.  SeaDoo was only about a quarter sold through for next year.

29 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

There’s a 6-8 week lag for wholesale price changes to show up on lots. The good thing is auctions have been passing through some quality vehicles. There was nothing but garbage for the last 18-20 months. 

Anything that was good at the dealers sold within a week.  If it sat longer than that there was a reason.

19 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Yup , I want to buy a 2-3 year old poo 850 with reasonable miles 2500 or so. Guys want 12-14k for them still and they were 14k brand new. Fuck that 

Sold my 600 RR for $5500 with 10k miles.  Bought it with 1500 miles for $6250.

35 minutes ago, f7ben said:

7 minutes ago, Snake said:

Seeing some 17 18 Sidewinders still in the $11k frame or even more.

Ridiculous.

If you notice tho , the shit is hanging around for awhile now.  Same with those $6800 2 place hybrid snowmobile trailers that were $3999 3 years ago. 

• Like 1

Dealership just gave me 39 for my 2018 4 runner with 90thou on the clock 

Bought it out right, it was setting in the driveway cause nobody wanted to put gas in it 

Edited by toslow

4 minutes ago, toslow said:

Dealership just gave me 39 for my 2018 4 runner with 90thou on the clock 

Bought it out right, it was setting in the driveway cause nobody wanted to put gas in it 

Jesus how do you live with yourself   :lol:  I'm still amazed at some of the #s used are bringing.  

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

If you notice tho , the shit is hanging around for awhile now.  Same with those $6800 2 place hybrid snowmobile trailers that were $3999 3 years ago. 

Yup shits not selling

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jdsky said:

I haven’t bought new since 2009. Doubt I ever will again, either. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
12 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

I haven’t bought new since 2009. Doubt I ever will again, either. 

I get new every 2 to 3 years. Got more on trade than I paid on the last 2 trucks.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Mag6240 said:

How much more were the new ones?

The 18 was 5g less than I paid for the same trim. The 21 was same as the 18 with extended warranty. My 23 will be more but I'm going up to a 450 with the HO deisel and going to a limited trim. I'll be out 8g after trade.