Check your account email address ×

GM Has a New Business: Fixing Tesla EVs.

• Gold Member

Ya doesn’t take a speciality dealership to service things like brakes, alignments, wipers, cabin air filters and such.  Can be done about anywhere.

had a nail in the tire of my car and Discount tire was able to fix the tire.  Didn’t need a Tesla service center fix the tire.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

Ya doesn’t take a speciality dealership to service things like brakes, alignments, wipers, cabin air filters and such.  Can be done about anywhere.

had a nail in the tire of my car and Discount tire was able to fix the tire.  Didn’t need a Tesla service center fix the tire.

Some people actually want to take their vehicles back to the dealership for those services. Dealers actually like providing that service for their customers too. Except Tesla, apparently. 

But you spin it however you want. No one here would expect any less. 

• Like 1

• Gold Member
10 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Some people actually want to take their vehicles back to the dealership for those services. Dealers actually like providing that service for their customers too. Except Tesla, apparently. 

But you spin it however you want. No one here would expect any less. 

Tesla will provide service to your vehicles if you want…. They will even come to you if you desire.

• Platinum Contributing Member
15 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

how many Tesla dealerships are in the united states?

GM has 12k+

Maybe two here in Michigan and one service center

Can't I just go online to fix everything with my car?  :lol: 

• Haha 1

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/general-motors-says-it-will-stop-burning-cash-on-electric-vehicles-by-2025/ar-AA14eFTr?ocid=mailsignout&pc=U591&cvid=2e9f736a804e4b08acdfacb928f6ddcc

gm claims it will be all roses by 2025. these are the same people that said a few years back that we had better focus on cash work. said their quality was gonna be so good that warranty repairs will be almost non-existent. i can say that they were 100% wrong. 

3 minutes ago, Catalina said:

I could not read the article - could it be that they have an agreement to do certain warranty services? That would be something different than doing general repairs on a brand of car they didn't sell. 

gm doesn't want to pay for warranty on their own vehicles, let alone someone else's. we had a new truck come off the truck with the steering wheel at 10 and 2. can't sell that like that. they refused to pay for alignment. "we like to allow 500 miles for the suspension to settle before front end adjustments". so we had the choice of no pay for alignment or send it out crooked. we chose alignment , no amount of miles will center steering wheel

25 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

we work on most brands. avoid the nightmare stuff but lots of subarus , toyotas, fords, etc. 

yeah besides a few differences it’s nuts and bolts. Some will avoid bad electrical issues 

4 hours ago, sleepybrew said:

gm doesn't want to pay for warranty on their own vehicles, let alone someone else's. we had a new truck come off the truck with the steering wheel at 10 and 2. can't sell that like that. they refused to pay for alignment. "we like to allow 500 miles for the suspension to settle before front end adjustments". so we had the choice of no pay for alignment or send it out crooked. we chose alignment , no amount of miles will center steering wheel

You have a shitty rep. I’ve centered plenty of steering wheels on brand new GM vehicles. Every one the dealer got paid for. 

1 hour ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

You have a shitty rep. I’ve centered plenty of steering wheels on brand new GM vehicles. Every one the dealer got paid for. 

My warranty administrator is excellent, worked for GM. My rep and warranty contact could be better

10 hours ago, sleepybrew said:

My warranty administrator is excellent, worked for GM. My rep and warranty contact could be better

Your warranty admin is only as good as your rep. Most reps don’t know a brake rotor from a fucking steering wheel anymore. They have a nice college degree though. 

There’s actually a few of those positions open in my neck of the woods right now. Thought about taking one but driving all over hells half acre just to deal with a bunch of moron managers and shitty techs doesn’t sound like my kind of fun. 

7 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Your warranty admin is only as good as your rep. Most reps don’t know a brake rotor from a fucking steering wheel anymore. They have a nice college degree though. 

There’s actually a few of those positions open in my neck of the woods right now. Thought about taking one but driving all over hells half acre just to deal with a bunch of moron managers and shitty techs doesn’t sound like my kind of fun. 

that position is like you said, a pain in the ass. i call these guys a rolodex. hey i need help with this. ok, call this guy. years back they had authority and could actually help you. now i just don't bother unless no choice. i can self authorize goodwill when needed . our techs are excellent but old. the old guys are the ones who grew up with it. i have been through many reps, they change them out on a regular basis. i stay in touch with the ones i liked. felt bad for last guy. moved here from michigan to be local rep. bought house for astounding money, then gets shifted to new jersey. we still talk , just to bullshit and he still offers to stop by if we needed anything. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, sleepybrew said:

the check engine lights will drive you crazy. constant canister issues, etc. i personally think they are junk. that renegade, what a joke

Funny, was at the Toyota shop yesterday. Tech was fucking with a wiring harness.... had a 5 inch harness in his hand, dicking at it with a knife. "Check engine light, canister." Think it was a Corolla....