Average list price for a unit of insulin:

Australia: $6.94
UK: $7.52
France: $9.08
Germany: $11
Canada: $12
Japan: $14.40

US: $98.70

Isn't it time America hold Big Pharma accountable for its extortion?

The other problem is that American's eat like shit.  Most people eat way too much sugar, processed carbs and sugary drinks on top of little to no excercise.  The food industry is in bed with big Pharma.

42 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

One unit? I go through about 95 per day. 
you have no idea what a unit is 

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

A client of mine has 2 diabetic sons and she said she voted for Biden because he was going to nip this problem in the bud. Biden has had 2 years in office, how come the prices haven't come down? Should I ask my client if she's having buyer's remorse? 

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, Mainecat said:

It’s not free.

Well, if someone is paying for it, it isn't me. Are we being taxed for this?......I don't  pay a dime for health insurance. I almost feel guilty but not really

13 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

What exactly is a unit?

Wife pays $25 a month

One unit is a given amount of insulin to cover a given amount of carbs. One unit maybe cover 10 carbs or 7 carbs. Depends. And this is hourly/daily. It’s not fun 

• Thanks 1

• Gold Member
14 hours ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Not a penny comes out of my pocket....so that makes it free to me.

Your insurance is calculated into your pay so you are paying for it even though it technically isn’t coming directly from your pocket. It isn’t free.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, 800renegaderider said:

Your insurance is calculated into your pay so you are paying for it even though it technically isn’t coming directly from your pocket. It isn’t free.

Well  Health insurance will cost me $150 per month to carry over once I retire.....I do not see anything coming out of my check ...but sure I guess some is built in, just like pension is built in I guess, but it is negligible and seems pretty much free to me.:dunno:

17 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Well  Health insurance will cost me $150 per month to carry over once I retire.....I do not see anything coming out of my check ...but sure I guess some is built in, just like pension is built in I guess, but it is negligible and seems pretty much free to me.:dunno:

$150/mo is damn good. I took a payout on unused sick time. I’ve used that payout to pay health insurance premiums. 

15 hours ago, snoughnut said:

A client of mine has 2 diabetic sons and she said she voted for Biden because he was going to nip this problem in the bud. Biden has had 50 years in office, how come the prices haven't come down? Should I ask my client if she's having buyer's remorse? 

Fixed it. 

Edited by Highmark

1 hour ago, Carlos Danger said:

A monopoly can not exist without the help of the government. You can blame the pharma's all day long but they are playing the game as it set down by Washington.

Some politicians have this far fetched idea that competition is going to bring prices down. That has been tried and failed. Actual price controls are really the only answer. I understand that the argument is price controls will cripple their ability to develop new medications. My answer to that is so what? The anther aspect is trading human health in the marketplace like pork bellies. That is fucking immoral. It’s got to be one of the biggest crimes against humanity. Basing a nation’s economy on providing health care. That’s fucked up. 

10 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Some politicians have this far fetched idea that competition is going to bring prices down. That has been tried and failed. Actual price controls are really the only answer. I understand that the argument is price controls will cripple their ability to develop new medications. My answer to that is so what? The anther aspect is trading human health in the marketplace like pork bellies. That is fucking immoral. It’s got to be one of the biggest crimes against humanity. Basing a nation’s economy on providing health care. That’s fucked up. 

That is a big argument.....there will be no incentive to develop new and experimental drugs. The costs for trials and regulations to get drugs approved is astronomical. 

Plus it will hurt my biotech stocks which I recently jumped back into:lol: