Check your account email address ×

Household debt soars at fastest pace in 15 years as credit card use surges, Fed report says

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I haven’t smelled this much self congratulatory bullshit and outright lying from a group in quite some time. :lol: 

I used my CC to pay for Chinese food and fuel tonight. 

:lol:

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Damn it....I almost used a CC at Walmart today but paid in cash instead. I only had 1 dollar to spare. Was thinking about this thread when checking out...:lol:

• Haha 1

• Gold Member
27 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Just ordered 2 Ramen bowls , sushi and Bao Buns from local place bouta go pick it up. 

Paying Cash SBYL :ashamed:

• Like 1

On 11/20/2022 at 6:13 PM, teamgreen02 said:

What I've noticed over the years as my net worth gets larger is that I care less and less about credit card rewards, new account incentives, and using financing to leverage myself.  I like to keep my life simple.

I get a couple grand a year back from credit cards but I put 20x or more that amount in my 401k every year.  Lately I've been holding too much cash.

Guys like @Snake and @XCR1250 played the game and won.  Credit cards and financing isnt something they need to bother with.

We planned a vacation in Florida in January, used a card to pay for it for the simple reason it is needed. Payed for the entire trip on the next bill. That is what planning for retirement is all about..... free living with minimal worry.

23 minutes ago, Snake said:

We planned a vacation in Florida in January, used a card to pay for it for the simple reason it is needed. Payed for the entire trip on the next bill. That is what planning for retirement is all about..... free living with minimal worry.

Not sure how it's free. As for paying the bill. That's what you're supposed to do so there's no interest.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Not sure how it's free. As for paying the bill. That's what you're supposed to do so there's no interest.

Free, as in unencumbered by debt or worry about debt.

Or to put it simply, not having to sweat the small shit....

8 minutes ago, Snake said:

Free, as in unencumbered by debt or worry about debt.

Or to put it simply, not having to sweat the small shit....

That's how it should always be. Especially when you're retired. You mustve had alot of debt in your life from the sounds of it.

10 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

That's how it should always be. Especially when you're retired. You mustve had alot of debt in your life from the sounds of it.

I don't know how things were during your life in 1975-1980, but we were moving due to the recession and I saw what it was like to have no money. That alone will set you on a path that ensures financial success, if you are willing to learn from it.

I saw what paying 24% for a truck payment did. I saw what it was like trying to start a business in that environment.

Furthest thing in the world from a silver spooner.... learned from hard times.

You make an awful lot of assumptions that you pull from your ass....

3 minutes ago, Snake said:

I don't know how things were during your life in 1975-1980, but we were moving due to the recession and I saw what it was like to have no money. That alone will set you on a path that ensures financial success, if you are willing to learn from it.

I saw what paying 24% for a truck payment did. I saw what it was like trying to start a business in that environment.

Furthest thing in the world from a silver spooner.... learned from hard times.

You make an awful lot of assumptions that you pull from your ass....

My assumptions were right from what you just said. I grew up on a farm. Earned my keep.

Bottom line is when Credit Cards are used resposibly, they have their benefits ...it is kinda nice to have 30 days to pay for some things.

I love all the offers I get from building up very good credit. I don't abuse or take advantage of a llot of these offers but did take a short term low APR lloan from 2 of my cards to buy a camp in NY which I flipped and made a quick 45k.....those loans have been paid in full....ahead of time.

10 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

My assumptions were right from what you just said. I grew up on a farm. Earned my keep.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Helluva way to go through life there Sparky...

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Snake said:

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Helluva way to go through life there Sparky...

He's counted my money a couple times too.  I get a visual every time he posts shit like that   :lol: 

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

He's counted my money a couple times too.  I get a visual every time he posts shit like that   :lol: 

giphy.gif

I havent counted your money. You were bragging you paid for your sled cash, yet can't pay for your truck. 

2 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

I havent counted your money. You were bragging you paid for your sled cash, yet can't pay for your truck. 

There, you did it again.  Bravo.  I can't pay off my truck if I wanted to?  You know this how?  Paying cash for a sled (toy) is no big deal I would think, if you think thats bragging, maybe thats why you ride junk.  :dunno: 

• Like 1

Just now, DriftBusta said:

There, you did it again.  Bravo.  I can't pay off my truck if I wanted to?  You know this how?  Paying cash for a sled (toy) is no big deal I would think, if you think thats bragging, maybe thats why you ride junk.  :dunno: 

I would be willing to bet 80% plus of the membership here could pay cash for a sled.... and 50% could buy the truck.

What is the big fucking deal???

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

When you bragged about paying for your sled in cash, you called the other guys machine junk as well. I ride the same machine as @Snake. Does that mean his is junk as well?