Check your account email address ×

Household debt soars at fastest pace in 15 years as credit card use surges, Fed report says

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, DriftBusta said:

You gonna tell the class what it is you do for a living, or is it a state secret? 

Is it a prerequisite?

I'm an industrialist.

:bc:

35 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Finance companies that partner with dealers always provide kickbacks to the dealer. It’s a very competitive market. Kickbacks range from 1-3% of the amount financed. In normal times dealers have very small margins. The vast amount of their profit comes from trades, dealer installed options, finance kickbacks, service contracts, and extended warranties. I can always negotiate a better deal if I finance through the dealer instead of paying cash. Every single time. It’s basic economics. I scratch the dealers back and they scratch mine. Within 20 days I pay off the loan. They also eat the tack on loan fee. Usually $10-20. 

It's not rocket science....and it's not a kickback it's a commission and it's on every loan. Somebody is making money on the spread...I would bet dollars to donuts you aren't getting a better deal than a typical customer that isn't a retard. 

Keep living with payments if you want...but I don't think you will find many millionaires that got wealthy from cash back on their credit cards and paying off car Notes after leaving the dealership. 

• Like 1

Just now, Steve753 said:

Ok.

Like HSR, you like to cast judgement and count other peoples money, but won't say boo about what it is you really do for a living, because its only a 1 way street for some of you guys.

• Like 1

Just now, SkisNH said:

It's not rocket science....and it's not a kickback it's a commission and it's on every loan. Somebody is making money on the spread...I would bet dollars to donuts you aren't getting a better deal than a typical customer that isn't a retard. 

Keep living with payments if you want...but I don't think you will find many millionaires that got wealthy from cash back on their credit cards and paying off car Notes after leaving the dealership. 

It's obvious you're a little slow. 

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

Like HSR, you like to cast judgement and count other peoples money, but won't say boo about what it is you really do for a living, because its only a 1 way street for some of you guys.

I told you what I do. I could retire earlier, but it's not part of the plan my wife and I have. I'm sure a man of your astute knowledge would understand that.

• Gold Member
35 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

timestanp 5:00.....Ben says he will write the check . Getting more than he paid for his trade. 

Thats how Billionaires buy cars . 

Not fucking loans @ActionfigureJoe or American Express @Steve753 :lol:

Edited by EvilBird

34 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

I told you what I do. I could retire earlier, but it's not part of the plan my wife and I have. I'm sure a man of your astute knowledge would understand that.

It's either:

An age thing

A time thing

A money thing

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Snake said:

Go ahead and have at your nickles and dimes. Every purchase you make on a CC is one more nail in the coffin that is banks and corporations filling up their dossier on you.

Personally, I am doing everything in my power to lower my exposure to these thieves.

"Put the cash to good use elsewhere....." You mean the cash collecting dust in my safe? Taking $15k out had no effect on the rest of the cash sitting there.

Again... I get it. Worry about the pennies and the nickles will take care of themselves. Just ain't worth my time and energy.

,  Personally, I put that cash  I would have spent in the stock market and I think I made about a 30% return on that money within a year  Of course the market was a little better back then..... But Hey ....you do you Keep that money in the desk drawer

46 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

So we can expect you to be on here 14 hours a day instead of 10 sometime next year ? 

Great :suicide:

Unfortunately that's what happens with most of these retirees.... Shit I was off last week and look how much time I spent on this forum....no thanks... Will be working for a while yet At my own choice

Edited by ViperGTS/Z1

37 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

:dunno: I told you I retired at 50. PRIOR to being retired I was a Power Engineer for 32 years. Or is Carnac the Magnificent going to say no I wasn't. 

31 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

An industrialist?  ohhhhhok.  :lol: Astute would be understanding that my wife and I also have our own plan.  Which is no ones business but ours.

1 minute ago, Snake said:

So exactly like everyone else.

Ain't you special!

I'm not the one puffing my chest out like a peacock saying I'm retired all the time.

Edited by Steve753

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Unfortunately that's what happens with most of these retirees.... Shit I was off last week and look how much time I spent on this forum....no thanks... Will be working for a while yet Add my own choice

Thankfully I dont have to work much nowadays either to live a good life. Thats why I can fuck around here so much. I still find plenty to do around the house and hobbies, guess being only 37 helps . Sitting on the couch all day on a forum gets old fast. But being older I guess would change that. 

On 11/11/2022 at 11:55 PM, DriftBusta said:

.  And you?  Retired at 50?!  Lets hear it.  Tell the class how your retirement income is generated relative to the average wage, and we can put this matter to rest post haste.  

6 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

An industrialist?  ohhhhhok.  :lol: Astute would be understanding that my wife and I also have our own plan.  Which is no ones business but ours.

Same

1 minute ago, EvilBird said:

Thankfully I dont have to work much nowadays either to live a good life. Thats why I can fuck around here so much. I still find plenty to do around the house and hobbies, guess being only 37 helps . Sitting on the couch all day on a forum gets old fast. But being older I guess would change that. 

So your wife's the bread winner.

Nice.