Check your account email address ×

Meta and Zuckerberg slash 11,000 jobs

Wow.

Meta Platforms Inc. Chief Executive Officer Mark Zuckerberg said the company will cut more than 11,000 jobs in the first major round of layoffs in the social media giant’s history.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/other/zuckerberg-says-sorry-after-meta-cuts-over-11000-jobs/ar-AA13UDdM

• Platinum Contributing Member

Average wage at Fakebook $84K to $184K.

Middle 11,000 x $134K =  $1,740,000,000.   Even at the low end $924,000,000 savings.  

Have to do something when your stock is down 73%. 

48 minutes ago, racer254 said:

And????

help me understand the point of your thread.  are you hoping Facebook dies because of mass layoffs?  are you happy or sad for the employees, shareholders or consumers? 

let's start there...

my post about Facebook showed that shareholders and Wall Street apparently 'Liked' the news because the share price jumped.  then in other news Trump's spac for truth social was slaughtered after the election, likely due to... ;)

Well, you have the option of actually reading the article and performing your own due diligence.

as a fellow wisconsinite and snowmobiler and not one that cares to share investment tips... I'd carefully advise you not to invest in truth social or pretty much anything involving Donald j lucifer Trump. 

:)

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

37 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

help me understand the point of your thread.  are you hoping Facebook dies because of mass layoffs?  are you happy or sad for the employees, shareholders or consumers? 

let's start there...

my post about Facebook showed that shareholders and Wall Street apparently 'Liked' the news because the share price jumped.  then in other news Trump's spac for truth social was slaughtered after the election, likely due to... ;)

Well, you have the option of actually reading the article and performing your own due diligence.

as a fellow wisconsinite and snowmobiler and not one that cares to share investment tips... I'd carefully advise you not to invest in truth social or pretty much anything involving Donald j lucifer Trump. 

You posted the trump stuff because you hate trump, it's all about emotion with you and your trump hatred.

I posted this because the simple fact that the are laying off 11,000 workers..  That's a hell of a lot and maybe it's a sign of the economy or maybe it's a sign that META is making wrong business decisions as of late.

• Haha 1

Just now, racer254 said:

You posted the trump stuff because you hate trump, it's all about emotion with you and your trump hatred.

I posted this because the simple fact that the are laying off 11,000 workers..  That's a hell of a lot and maybe it's a sign of the economy or maybe it's a sign that META is making wrong business decisions as of late.

fair enough

he's a traitor

Just now, Not greg b said:

I like how he let uncle Elon hack up Twitter and get everyone riled up. then does the same thing.

yes Greg, but that's 'different' 

😆

26 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

87,000 employees worldwide and they don’t manufacture a thing.

Seem like a lot to run a forum. Ckf does it all by himself….lol

86,000 work in the censoring department.

Got your head out of your ass yet old man?

• Platinum Contributing Member

How come these companies never seem to notice downward trends untill things are on the edge of turning to shit?

Dosnt middle management ever ask team leaders why the same amount of people are now doing 1/2 the work as before , and why?