Check your account email address ×

2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

7 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

As I've discussed before, Polaris now builds a better XC sled out of the crate then Cat does.

someone is going to have another conniption when he reads that again... :/

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

It is a better equipped sled right out of the crate.

Certainly seems that way.

To that point though, I'm not in the loop on the latest rules....how is it that Polaris can field their 600 XCR without it being available to consumers? Maybe I'm mistaken, but on their website only the 650 is available.

4 minutes ago, Premium said:

Certainly seems that way.

To that point though, I'm not in the loop on the latest rules....how is it that Polaris can field their 600 XCR without it being available to consumers? Maybe I'm mistaken, but on their website only the 650 is available.

Minimum build.  

Between what they sell in the Midwest, out East, up in Alaska, in Quebec, and probably some in Scandinavia too, they don't need to worry about consumers buying them and complaining.  They'll just huck them to racers and sell every one.

I suspect Doo could do the same thing with their Comp package XRS and not have to sell it to any swinging dick who can walk into a dealer, but anything for a buck, right?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

It is a better equipped sled right out of the crate.

as you stated the first time, it's competition ready, just add carbides, studs and your favorite energy drink decals.

ironic though that the SX sled gets the primo brake rotor, C&A's and bits in the box but the RXC 'comp' does not. maybe they'll rectify that with the clutching and gearing for next year?  

3 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

clutching and gearing for next year?  

Well only one guy here has the insider information’s to determine this.  Guessing he will inform us when and if.  No worries.  :aggressive:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jonlafon1 said:

Well only one guy here has the insider information’s to determine this.  Guessing he will inform us when and if.  No worries.  :aggressive:

He said you are not allowed to buy one. You will abuse it and that is not ok 

2 hours ago, Not greg b said:

He said you are not allowed to buy one. You will abuse it and that is not ok 

I didn’t follow “ the book” for breakin.  Also I was told I’m fucked , racers first.  I guess I’ll have to wait. :mc:

17 minutes ago, mnstang said:

I'm sure it's a real turd 

Great response in snowest. Love the motor. Called it straight to the front. Guessing Greg skipped the event and drew up his own conclusions, like he always does.

2 minutes ago, jonlafon1 said:

All cat has to do is put the 600 helix in. It will be perfect with that helix 57/49 will rip in the 858.  No shit it will.  

I love reading about clutching from people who probably have no clue. I have zero, so I dont talk about it.

1 minute ago, ZR6000RR said:

I love reading about clutching from people who probably have no clue. I have zero, so I dont talk about it.

You wouldn’t know a helix if it fell out of the sky and hit you it your Mellon. Much less a clutch weight.  Stick to average factory set ups.  Thinking that will suit you better.  :fireworks:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Great response in snowest. Love the motor. Called it straight to the front. Guessing Greg skipped the event and drew up his own conclusions, like he always does.

Since I am 1000 miles at the moment, no I was not there and 2 not worth the time to ride around in a small track. It will tell you nothing 

6 minutes ago, jonlafon1 said:

You wouldn’t know a helix if it fell out of the sky and hit you it your Mellon. Much less a clutch weight.  Stick to average factory set ups.  Thinking that will suit you better.  :fireworks:

Exactly the response o was looking for. 

Just now, Not greg b said:

Since I am 1000 miles at the moment, no I was not there and 2 not worth the time to ride around in a small track. It will tell you nothing 

So how many final drive belts? Dumbfuck. 

7 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

Okay. So in your Engineering, background, what is it? This should be good.

If you actually ride yours you will know what it is.  O forget it. :bashhead: 

You won’t even notice. It’s perfect