Check your account email address ×

2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

Cool I have that tool from diamond drive sleds, looks a little different than the one palu posted but it should work.  I think mine is from BDX

34 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Cool I have that tool from diamond drive sleds, looks a little different than the one palu posted but it should work.  I think mine is from BDX

image.png.e703640ef1f570d0f1d631796eb7fcf1.png

12 hours ago, mnstang said:

Country Cat has some serious blow out prices on catalyst sleds!

Can't be, that's impossible.  Jimwit said so.

3 hours ago, krom said:

$13660 for a sold out impossible to get Catalyst 129 ATAC in blue.  @ZR6000RR  What did you pay for yours a couple weeks ago?

image.png.6bb9c086d85457d5aa74494e097f6cd0.png

You forgot to add the one he hasn't yet ridden except around his yard.

New clutching waiting for snow. Nut and bolted the whole thing, lower pulley nut was torqued where it was supposed to be. Even finally added the team sticker to the unit

IMG_3155.jpeg

IMG_3156.jpeg

IMG_3157.jpeg

IMG_3158.jpeg

• Like 3

@Palu49,  I curious to see how the primary rpms out.  What spring did you decide with the weights?

I wonder if we both did the same thing on the secondary? ;)  I wish I would have bought a couple more when I saw the loaded setup cheap this spring.

8 hours ago, favoritos said:

@Palu49,  I curious to see how the primary rpms out.  What spring did you decide with the weights?

I wonder if we both did the same thing on the secondary? ;)  I wish I would have bought a couple more when I saw the loaded setup cheap this spring.

I’m going to end up having to do a primary spring but I haven’t yet although I’m not sure where I’m gonna have to be with it yet maybe @jonlafon1 can help with that. I believe you’re probably right on the secondary because it’s just an old tried and true setup.

I tried making a post in the big catalyst group so people could compare notes and setups but they won’t let me because I said a mean thing in there one time. So I posted just pictures of the team secondary and 800 weights in the smaller page and everyone thinks I have one of the 800 ctec catalyst prototype 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Palu49 said:

New clutching waiting for snow. Nut and bolted the whole thing, lower pulley nut was torqued where it was supposed to be. Even finally added the team sticker to the unit

IMG_3155.jpeg

IMG_3156.jpeg

IMG_3157.jpeg

IMG_3158.jpeg

We're going to test @Not greg b's clutching today.  Conditions look perfect on the grade for top speed.

IMG_20240203_130621428.jpg

• Haha 2

Dose anyone know woody’s stud warranty? I know mine did not last 1000 miles and need new ones. Sled runs 101 @ 8175.23 rpm with a black magic helix and Polaris piss yellow spring on rail road gravel 

• Haha 3

40 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Dose anyone know woody’s stud warranty? I know mine did not last 1000 miles and need new ones. Sled runs 101 @ 8175.23 rpm with a black magic helix and Polaris piss yellow spring on rail road gravel 

Did you anodize it purple too?

3 hours ago, krom said:

Did you anodize it purple too?

The thundercat has purple anodized BM torsion blocks, only thing in the skid frame that still looked good.

I’m going riding with that old guy from HCS that used to do cool builds on his 96 different procross sleds, we’re gonna try some different clutching recipes and test the catalyst against the 650 VR1z

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

The thundercat has purple anodized BM torsion blocks, only thing in the skid frame that still looked good.

I’m going riding with that old guy from HCS that used to do cool builds on his 96 different procross sleds, we’re gonna try some different clutching recipes and test the catalyst against the 650 VR1z

The fb groups said he is lying and is a hater because he is a Polaris fan boy now lol. After riding my Polaris back to back with the catalyst I agree with him 100%. Cat needs a few tweaks and it will be a weapon. 

Edited by Not greg b
  • Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 hours ago, Not greg b said:

The fb groups said he is lying and is a hater because he is a Polaris fan boy now lol. After riding my Polaris back to back with the catalyst I agree with him 100%. Cat needs a few tweaks and it will be a weapon. 

What kind of tweaks…mostly clutching? 

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

HC racing was only able to get 105 out of the stock clutches , it would get up there and then hit a wall , Depending on the goal it may take more than clutching changes.

I did not hear how vast of an improvement it made down low but was told it was fast then it would be just like someone flipped a switch and shut it down.

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

HC racing was only able to get 105 out of the stock clutches , it would get up there and then hit a wall , Depending on the goal it may take more than clutching changes.

I did not hear how vast of an improvement it made down low but was told it was fast then it would be just like someone flipped a switch and shut it down.

Right on…plenty of speed for a NW Lower Michigan trail sled and the deals are getting very good right now.👍🏼❄️🇺🇸

4 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

For the average trail rider suspension calibration would be the first thing then the clutching. You really don’t notice how bad the catalyst actually rides until you ride it back to with something else. My Polaris is way smoother than my catalyst at any speed or any sized bumps. I would assume the atac models are better than the info I have 

• Thanks 1

Clutching for sure.. Biggest issue is they are way to light on weights in the primary.. The secondary is a slight mystery for me yet.. No snow > no tuning.. I will continue with the stock helix and a similar secondary spring vs stock.. Primary still running the stocker spring.. going to be December until we get to ride again. This season is to far gone with zero base and frost coming out.. She was singing in the woods this weekend in the UP.. I heard her

fat lady singing - Woman pretending to sing opera Stock Photo - Premium Royalty-Free, Code: 673-02139832

Edited by jonlafon1
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Not greg b said:

For the average trail rider suspension calibration would be the first thing then the clutching. You really don’t notice how bad the catalyst actually rides until you ride it back to with something else. My Polaris is way smoother than my catalyst at any speed or any sized bumps. I would assume the atac models are better than the info I have 

There's a fella on here who swears by the Catalyst. Says it's the best sled in the industry. Said it absolutely blows the Poo 650 models away. Looking forward to an excellent response from him on this subject. He should be able to provide real life info as I think he said he's up to 6 miles on his.

18 minutes ago, Tripleflipper said:

There's a fella on here who swears by the Catalyst. Says it's the best sled in the industry. Said it absolutely blows the Poo 650 models away. Looking forward to an excellent response from him on this subject. He should be able to provide real life info as I think he said he's up to 6 miles on his.

is that the same guy who said relentlessly that cat didn't need a new chassis and that the Procross was just fine? 

he's pretty sharp... 

• Haha 3

50 minutes ago, Tripleflipper said:

I hear he gets very emotionally invested in his gospel of speading the wisdom of the Catalyst. 

Here is a close reenactment of his previous speech. 

AVAh8M.gif

• Haha 3

116-65 Cat PN (65g stock 800 adapt)

48S helix 

155/220 Secondary spring

7900-7950 RPMS

97mph speedo 94GPS no wall on loose sugar snow. I turned around and unloaded the thing to get a gps readout for you fucks.

Things a pooch down low until it gets up on the pipe, pipe temps went up about 150° with the 65s.

I ordered 62 and 64 gram high altitude trail weights from cat because 2 sets of those are still cheaper than one set of adjustables. That helix is probably tits but I’m gonna try the stock one with the 155/220 spring and a 48/44 with the same spring both with the 65g weights to see how it goes. If it all goes well with stock cat parts you should be able to push these things to 100 gps on snow for about $250

I also let @taperk600 try out my 19 limited today, his first time on a procross sled as far as I know.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

475 miles on the Catalyst.  Mine is a pretty good runner up to 80. Gonna wait and see what Tim and Terry come up with for some clutching. I go 270 so  I'm going to need to get the shocks revalved. Waiting for backordered FTS spring to come in.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jerr2Star said:

I hear he gets very emotionally invested in his gospel of speading the wisdom of the Catalyst. 

Here is a close reenactment of his previous speech. 

AVAh8M.gif

I know you try really, REALLY hard to insult me. Dont know you from Adam, so don't care. Have less than 2 miles on my sled. Zero snow. Might not ride it till next winter. Old enough to not have a coronary over it. Love the seat and seating position, and the panels and hood and the attach system. Took me maybe 2 seconds to put my 22L. tunnel pack on. Mother nature is a bitch, but you are one shallow little fuck. I must threaten your boy hood,  or what ever you go by. Hope you blow your sled up.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

116-65 Cat PN (65g stock 800 adapt)

48S helix 

155/220 Secondary spring

7900-7950 RPMS

97mph speedo 94GPS no wall on loose sugar snow. I turned around and unloaded the thing to get a gps readout for you fucks.

Things a pooch down low until it gets up on the pipe, pipe temps went up about 150° with the 65s.

I ordered 62 and 64 gram high altitude trail weights from cat because 2 sets of those are still cheaper than one set of adjustables. That helix is probably tits but I’m gonna try the stock one with the 155/220 spring and a 48/44 with the same spring both with the 65g weights to see how it goes. If it all goes well with stock cat parts you should be able to push these things to 100 gps on snow for about $250

I also let @taperk600 try out my 19 limited today, his first time on a procross sled as far as I know.

That's great info.

I did the same thing with weights. Dang glad I found the altitude kit pricing.  The Cat profile isn't too bad and they have held up longer than adjustables in my experience.

I'm not really a top speed guy.  I do tend to ride fairly fast and I've been trying to find something that holds up for high speed long hauls.

Been throwing together a few different secondary setups to try.

I found promo pricing on a M secondary with the 48S helix.  Already had a couple of 155/220 springs so I built one of those combos.  I'm impressed the primary with big weights pulled that secondary.  If we get snow I'm thinking about trying the 64g.  Seems like I'd need a little heavier initial rate on the primary spring to rev up those weights.  I bet the finish rate is dang close.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, favoritos said:

That's great info.

I did the same thing with weights. Dang glad I found the altitude kit pricing.  The Cat profile isn't too bad and they have held up longer than adjustables in my experience.

I'm not really a top speed guy.  I do tend to ride fairly fast and I've been trying to find something that holds up for high speed long hauls.

Been throwing together a few different secondary setups to try.

I found promo pricing on a M secondary with the 48S helix.  Already had a couple of 155/220 springs so I built one of those combos.  I'm impressed the primary with big weights pulled that secondary.  If we get snow I'm thinking about trying the 64g.  Seems like I'd need a little heavier initial rate on the primary spring to rev up those weights.  I bet the finish rate is dang close.

Thats what I’m thinking for a primary spring with the 65s too, I think the 65s might even work well with a stiffer initial and something like a 50/44 to get it rolling and pull the other 2-300 rpms up top.

Typical boss style secondary the thing gained 47 horsepower at the same rpm when I hit glare ice.

• Haha 1