Check your account email address ×

2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

5 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

anyone seeing debris or chunks of rubber coming from the indestructible final drive yet? 

:news:

Nope...

• Like 1

On 1/28/2024 at 10:47 AM, krom said:

Absolutely is, always has been, hell AC even sells a special shaped pry bar, and a hook, to hold the clutch open right in the special tools catalog  It used to be on the required tools list, but textron has scrapped that, and the catmaster program

image.png.17f90bcdf7d17733602d6b7b4c03a7f6.png

I'm guessing you already know this, but for those who don't:

Just put your hunk of wood, or a socket between one of the weights and the spider, change 2 of the weights, then move your hold open tool, and change the third.

Even jimwit could follow those instructions.  Of course he'd fail.

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

anyone seeing debris or chunks of rubber coming from the indestructible final drive yet? 

There’s no snow anywhere in the country to see if these things are junk or not unfortunately 

11 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

You mean like this ? 6 miles on my catalyst... looks like the belt isnt fairing so well.

1.jpg

2.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

You mean like this ? 6 miles on my catalyst... looks like the belt isnt fairing so well.

1.jpg

2.jpg

hmmm 🤔

IMG_20240131_073646534_HDR.jpg

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

I have not heard of any belt problems from the mountain guys.  I've seen some complaints about a bog, and some complaints about clutches rubbing into the panels.

5 minutes ago, mnstang said:

I have not heard of any belt problems from the mountain guys.  I've seen some complaints about a bog, and some complaints about clutches rubbing into the panels.

Some on here are not to bright. That dust coming off the belt happens to all belts as they break in. Probably will do that for 25 miles or so. Nature of rubber compound. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Some on here are not to bright. That dust coming off the belt happens to all belts as they break in. Probably will do that for 25 miles or so. Nature of rubber compound. 

so the cords showing on the side is normal ? Apparently your buddies in the AC engineering department disagree as they want more info.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

so the cords showing on the side is normal ? Apparently your buddies in the AC engineering department disagree as they want more info.

I’ll have to take a look at mine when I get home. It’s lasted 200 miles which is pretty good 

IMG_2792.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fortune46x said:

1.jpg

2.jpg

Yes saw this on mine.  NOT cords like the pics, some small rubber pieces though  . Not seeing much of it AFTER first 20 miles..  Guessing the belt is seating some? wearing in.. When it breaks then I guess I will get worried.. I can tell you this for sure > I did not baby mine at all the 250 miles on Have on it.. I was on the pipe ALOT

Edited by jonlafon1

3 minutes ago, jonlafon1 said:

Yes saw this on mine.. Not seeing much of it AFTER first 20 miles..  Guessing the belt is seating some? wearing in.. When it breaks then I guess I will get worried.. I can tell you this for sure > I did not baby mine at all the 250 miles on Have on it.. I was on the pipe ALOT

the debris was the minor concern - the major was the amount of cutting on the edges to the point where in some spots cords are showing.

having 1300 miles on a tki belt drive on flat land speedwerx built 800 I saw no wear or cutting at all.

• Like 1

Just now, fortune46x said:

the debris was the minor concern - the major was the amount of cutting on the edges to the point where in some spots cords are showing.

having 1300 miles on a tki belt drive on flat land speedwerx built 800 I saw no wear or cutting at all.

YEs the cords showing is not what I see on mine.. Thats a bit concerning.. 

1 hour ago, ZR6000RR said:

Belt dust on a drive clutch or secondary yes.  But the chaincase delete/drive belt should be zero dust or very little.. SMALL chunks of rubber yea from wear in but dust > :cop:

30 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

Would seem to be alignment but I'm sure you checked that already.  Could this have anything to do with the eccentric bearing and movement of the jackshaft to adjust drive belt tension with different gear sets??

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Doug said:

Would seem to be alignment but I'm sure you checked that already.  Could this have anything to do with the eccentric bearing and movement of the jackshaft to adjust drive belt tension with different gear sets??

The cords showing would be a alignment issue . Agree.  I think you might be onto something with your other comment.. 

1 minute ago, Tripleflipper said:

Maybe you exceeded the 50 mph limit that some on here have, no wonder their shit lasts:)

He probably didn't follow the proper break in procedure in the book.  :dirol:

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Doug said:

I honestly haven't dug into it yet. I got out in the garage and was going over things and noticed it. I figure tonight I'll have the time to actually go over it - I also have a master cylinder leak somewhere that's dripping on my side panel.

I know the 312 machine had issues with the lower pulley coming loose to the point that they are green loctiting it. so that was my first step to check - if the pulled backed off it could be rubbing on the face of the upper pulley. There is an aftermarket company that is working on a fix for the lower pulley right now.

3 minutes ago, Tripleflipper said:

Maybe you exceeded the 50 mph limit that some on here have, no wonder their shit lasts:)

That's where I was clearly in the wrong , I exceeded 1/4 throttle lol.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, jonlafon1 said:

He probably didn't follow the proper break in procedure in the book.  :dirol:

11 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

That's where I was clearly in the wrong , I exceeded 1/4 throttle lol.

Of course you did wash the belt before your first ride. :thumbsup: