Check your account email address ×

2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

26 minutes ago, Boonbocker1 said:

Hope they retained some of the good old boys from the pre textron days.   Probably not tho.   Really isn't much left of the old cat as far as people and culture

Seems Textron has made it a mission to eliminate the culture that made ac, from day 1. 

9 minutes ago, jonlafon1 said:

I understand you don't have to.. BUT its not even possible( in stock form) unless your taller and have longer arms IF you want to be seated on the wider portion of the seat  (where its actually somewhat comfortable). If they made the wider portion of the seat come further forward. I like to get up more forward and put my knees in the pads(panels) when getting aggressive.. I get what your saying though..  Have you been out on your catalyst yet?  

Nope I haven't rode it yet.  Sitting there covered up I forget it's there most of the time 

Just now, mnstang said:

Nope I haven't rode it yet.  Sitting there covered up I forget it's there most of the time 

Well im curious your thoughts after a few longer mile rides. I'm 5' 11" and 220 dressed and it just feels off to me. Seat/body position.. It could be me trying to ride it like a procross but I tried sitting further back 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jonlafon1 said:

Well im curious your thoughts after a few longer mile rides. I'm 5' 11" and 220 dressed and it just feels off to me. Seat/body position.. It could be me trying to ride it like a procross but I tried sitting further back 

I have an M so there's not a ton of sitting I do but certainly some times.

You could try to pivot the bars back to get them closer to your upper body and just remember you don't have to use those front footholds.  I never do and think it's just a weak/disadvantaged position to be in.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, krom said:

Another big round of firing engineers in trf happened. 

Shocked @ZR6000RR didn't post the info and list of names, with all his contacts and inside knowledge 

:wtf:

1 hour ago, krom said:

Seems Textron has made it a mission to eliminate the culture that made ac, from day 1. 

:bashhead:<----- Textron 

Catalyst is the best thing from cat since 1993.  They're doing ok.  People will be ordering 858's in a couple days.  Same haters today hated cat before Textron.  Now there's Textron and they have a new Boogeyman to hate and can romanticized about the fabled "old guard" that brought you the twin spar and the 2012-2016 procross.

Firing people ain't bad, I wish my company would fire some people.  Sorry for the hate interruption, continue on.  How bout that horrible catalyst eh

13 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Catalyst is the best thing from cat since 1993.  They're doing ok.  People will be ordering 858's in a couple days.  Same haters today hated cat before Textron.  Now there's Textron and they have a new Boogeyman to hate and can romanticized about the fabled "old guard" that brought you the twin spar and the 2012-2016 procross.

Firing people ain't bad, I wish my company would fire some people.  Sorry for the hate interruption, continue on.  How bout that horrible catalyst eh

They need to sell 250% of what they sold last year between dirt and snow to be profitable, that’s not good.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, mnstang said:

So the old cat was bad?  And those loyal before textron shouldn't have been?  Trying to understand your logic here.  

What is it that makes or made cat what it is or was?     The people, culture, management,  the building, the town? Genuinely curious your thoughts here.

It's definitely a different company now than what it used to be.  So are both versions good?  If so. What makes that so?

Arctic cat has been ran by brain dead people since they came back in the 80s. Polaris and cat were the same size in the mid 80s when they came back, 4 wheelers made Polaris into a giant and 40 years later cat still hasn’t invested an ounce of effort into the dirt segment. They were way cooler idiots before textron but still idiots nonetheless.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Palu49 said:

They need to sell 250% of what they sold last year between dirt and snow to be profitable, that’s not good.

Let's see some proof to back this claim up.

4 hours ago, Boonbocker1 said:

So the old cat was bad?  And those loyal before textron shouldn't have been?  Trying to understand your logic here.  

What is it that makes or made cat what it is or was?     The people, culture, management,  the building, the town? Genuinely curious your thoughts here.

It's definitely a different company now than what it used to be.  So are both versions good?  If so. What makes that so?

Old cat was not bad, in my opinion.  Read what I said again.  I'm addressing the haters that romanticize about the OLD GUARD and I'm pointing out those haters were hating cat with the OLD GUARD they claim to love now.  The product coming out of TRF right now is pretty good, as good as ever.  The 25 lineup looks awesome.  But people love having a Boogeyman.  I've covered this before.  It's called TDS.  Textron derangement syndrome.  There's many similarities to the other TDS.  Look how the corporate media now love G.W., they hated him then.  Just like with OLD GUARD.

3 hours ago, Palu49 said:

Arctic cat has been ran by brain dead people since they came back in the 80s. Polaris and cat were the same size in the mid 80s when they came back, 4 wheelers made Polaris into a giant and 40 years later cat still hasn’t invested an ounce of effort into the dirt segment. They were way cooler idiots before textron but still idiots nonetheless.

I couldn't care less about size of the company.  If anything, I'd prefer them small.  If I wanted big box corporate made in Mexico, I'd know what to buy.

When the dirt group was mainly based in St. Cloud and we lived there too, I knew probably half of them.  They had some pretty neat stuff they were working on, but it never seemed to go anywhere.  

They had a off-site unit rented they'd have prototypes in about 1/2 mile from our house.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Old cat was not bad, in my opinion.  Read what I said again.  I'm addressing the haters that romanticize about the OLD GUARD and I'm pointing out those haters were hating cat with the OLD GUARD they claim to love now.  The product coming out of TRF right now is pretty good, as good as ever.  The 25 lineup looks awesome.  But people love having a Boogeyman.  I've covered this before.  It's called TDS.  Textron derangement syndrome.  There's many similarities to the other TDS.  Look how the corporate media now love G.W., they hated him then.  Just like with OLD GUARD.

I couldn't care less about size of the company.  If anything, I'd prefer them small.  If I wanted big box corporate made in Mexico, I'd know what to buy.

OTB ask some questions to the right people.

The size and diversity of a company directly affects profitability, which affects R&D dollars which affects product and the ability to not have to be bought out by a huge conglomerate of bean counters. All of that affects your ability to install your fancy new optional gauge at the factory OR making the dealer network cut the hood out of a brand new snowmobile with a dremel and put it in themselves. That is the single hokiest thing I’ve ever heard of a big corporation doing, fucking embarrassing.

6 hours ago, mnstang said:

The engineering department has already been decimated, and was short staffed before this.  They only have a small fraction of the staff that was there before the take over.

Last summer they had 2 people working tech support for the entire country.

Just look at the dirt side of the equation.  AC builds a couple variants of 1 atv. a couple variants of 1 utility sxs, and 1 sport SXS, only the atv had much engineering after textron's take over

Sport utility, and sport machines are the biggest selling, and most profitable units, and have been since the take over.

When Textron took over, they had a full line up of ATV, SXS, and even sport SXS, they also had a ton of design, and engineering work that was done to replace those machines with new.

Take the XX, I saw and sat in the 4 seat version, and we got to see a slide show of the release time line for it, and turbo 2 and turbo 4 seater.  They fired the guys developing those machines, and a few years later sent the ones that got built to the crusher.

Poo and Canned hamm sell a ton of those very profitable machines. 

Robby Gordon left working with arctic cat, after they had developed the turbo and 4 seater,  started his own SXS company from the ground up, and has delivered turbo 4 seat SXS machines that are vastly superior to anything AC does.

Snow side is about the same deal.  When they took over there had been years of work done on a new sled chassis. They had a patent for a new rear skid, patents on DI turbo 2 strokes, the touch screen gps display had a couple years of development in on it, the snow bike was developed and ready to go

Edited by krom
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, krom said:

The engineering department has already been decimated, and was short staffed before this.  They only have a small fraction of the staff that was there before the take over.

Just look at the dirt side of the equation.  AC builds a couple variants of 1 atv. a couple variants of 1 utility sxs, and 1 sport SXS, only the atv had much engineering after textron's take over

Sport utility, and sport machines are the biggest selling, and most profitable units, and have been since the take over.

When Textron took over, they had a full line up of ATV, SXS, and even sport SXS, they also had a ton of design, and engineering work that was done to replace those machines with new.

Take the XX, I saw and sat in the 4 seat version, and we got to see a slide show of the release time line for it, and turbo 2 and turbo 4 seater.  They fired the guys developing those machines, and a few years later sent the ones that got built to the crusher.

Robby Gordon left working with arctic cat, after they had developed the turbo and 4 seater,  started his own SXS company from the ground up, and has delivered turbo 4 seat SXS machines that are vastly superior to anything AC does.

Snow side is about the same deal.  When they took over there had been years of work done on a new sled chassis. They had a patent for a new rear skid, patents on DI turbo 2 strokes, the touch screen gps display had a couple years of development in on it, the snow bike was developed and ready to go

And yet cat steals the show at haydays two years in a row and is the talk of the industry.  I don't even know (or care) what the others are doing, same old same old I presume.  Heck, just look at this forum, it revolves around Cat 100%.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Palu49 said:

The size and diversity of a company directly affects profitability, which affects R&D dollars which affects product and the ability to not have to be bought out by a huge conglomerate of bean counters. All of that affects your ability to install your fancy new optional gauge at the factory OR making the dealer network cut the hood out of a brand new snowmobile with a dremel and put it in themselves. That is the single hokiest thing I’ve ever heard of a big corporation doing, fucking embarrassing.

So there's no backing to that 250% thing 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Palu49 said:

So? Who said the dash needs to be modified?

2 hours ago, mnstang said:

you're not dumb by any means... but this is a major parent corporation being discussed publicly.  

shareholders, multiple vice presidents, bean counters, CFO's, CEO's, the board of directors and shareholders don't give two fucks about your opinion, mine or anyone else here or on Facebook.  

every decision is purely profit driven... I know these types, you may as well. 

2 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

When the dirt group was mainly based in St. Cloud and we lived there too, I knew probably half of them.  They had some pretty neat stuff they were working on, but it never seemed to go anywhere.  

They had a off-site unit rented they'd have prototypes in about 1/2 mile from our house.

then... poof?

2 hours ago, Palu49 said:

BRP has been extremely profitable and successful in the ORV marketplace... it wasn't an accident.  long term strategic planning and overwhelming customer loyalty... regardless of them being too tippy.   

1 hour ago, krom said:

hard to argue with a guy who's in the trench on the front line... but Jimwit will keep trying.  

19 minutes ago, mnstang said:

And yet cat steals the show at haydays two years in a row and is the talk of the industry.  I don't even know (or care) what the others are doing, same old same old I presume.  Heck, just look at this forum, it revolves around Cat 100%.

how many Textron banners and memorabilia are in your (actually great) collection?

would you buy one share of Textron right now and anticipate it being worth more next year?

https://www.google.com/finance/quote/TXT:NYSE?hl=en

good track record on the long term chart, but buying stock may lack passion

@Not greg b and I have can coozies from ERX the year their marketing department blew a pile of $... some real smart folks working that booth.  but in fairness, iPad lady was leading the charge.   

3 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

then... poof? 

So it has been a while, but kind of how I remember it, they gave them the option to move back to TRF or move to Georgia.

A lot of them went to Polaris or left the industry all together.

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, mnstang said:

FYI your feet don't need to go in those forward footholds.  I don't ride with my feet up there on any machine.  I position my feet below my butt.

I did as well when I rode an ass dragger, new sleds they are more comfortable forward in particular because they need to move regularly depending on what you are doing which is hard when they are under your butt.