Check your account email address ×

2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

4 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

It never got developed and the land went back to St. Cloud. 

Bought it for almost $900k and sold back for a bit over $550k.

Better use then that North Loop "headquarters" of theirs.

They have a track in TRF. They never built wheelers in St. Cloud. Engine plant only. 

4 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Yep. Those tabs on the top, are on top. They rest on the top of the plastic. Look at the current dash. 

Uhhh wtf are you talking about tabs? The g8 is mounted from the back

IMG_3060.png

• Like 1

Just now, ZR6000RR said:

They have a track in TRF. They never built wheelers in St. Cloud. Engine plant only. 

At the time, it had a ridiculously low speed limit.

They had prototypes in St. Cloud, and there were always a few test machines going back and forth as they'd go to TRF and back for a week here or there.

They had a lot of great things going with the dirt group there, but managed to screw the pooch on that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

Slip in on the outside you say?

IMG_3059.png

that will come in handy with the new first year bYG b0aR in conjuction with the advanced rider retention device they purchased the patent for a couple years ago. 

IMG_20211116_152826.thumb.jpg.d4aa6f15971bede83a37445ee2348eb2.jpg

• Haha 2

Just now, Not greg b said:

I hate when that storage compartment flies open, you beer ends up all over the trail and you can’t see your tv. 

i don't understand why they can't bring back cigarette lighters... and chrome!

2 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

At the time, it had a ridiculously low speed limit.

They had prototypes in St. Cloud, and there were always a few test machines going back and forth as they'd go to TRF and back for a week here or there.

They had a lot of great things going with the dirt group there, but managed to screw the pooch on that.

But they were built in TRF. The first 650 H1 was built in TRF btw.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Not greg b said:

I hate when that storage compartment flies open, you beer ends up all over the trail and you can’t see your tv. 

The lid for that thing was definitely designed with the last penny in their $40 r&d budget

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

The goggle compartment? You must ride backwards. No wonder you cant get good top end and have belt issues. 

6 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

The goggle compartment? You must ride backwards. No wonder you cant get good top end and have belt issues. 

i would never put a set of goggles in it. I don’t think a set of goggles would even fit in it as the dimensions would be way off. . It will hold some beers or a bottle of liquor. I will investigate when I get home. 

Just now, Not greg b said:

i would never put a set of goggles in it. I don’t think a set of goggles would even fit in it as the dimensions would be way off. . It will hold some beers or a bottle of liquor. I will investigate when I get home. 

Goggles fit. Great for my cell phone when I bring it along. My water goes in my tunnel pack. Foam holder fits perfectly. 

3 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

No clue? Will it effect your farm subsidies?

I was sent a photo of you from your 3 hour tour in TRF.

I must say, I'm a fan of the safari flaps.

image.png.3dc54d9b8b576d93e1bc2bc28b21582d.png

Edited by racinfarmer
  • Haha 1

I used my 509. I am too lazy to go get my spy, Oakley and smiths. My real old Oakley would fit better but with the helmet cuts now you would not want to wear them snowmobiling 

3 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

you're not dumb by any means... but this is a major parent corporation being discussed publicly.  

shareholders, multiple vice presidents, bean counters, CFO's, CEO's, the board of directors and shareholders don't give two fucks about your opinion, mine or anyone else here or on Facebook.  

every decision is purely profit driven... I know these types, you may as well. 

then... poof?

BRP has been extremely profitable and successful in the ORV marketplace... it wasn't an accident.  long term strategic planning and overwhelming customer loyalty... regardless of them being too tippy.   

hard to argue with a guy who's in the trench on the front line... but Jimwit will keep trying.  

how many Textron banners and memorabilia are in your (actually great) collection?

would you buy one share of Textron right now and anticipate it being worth more next year?

https://www.google.com/finance/quote/TXT:NYSE?hl=en

good track record on the long term chart, but buying stock may lack passion

@Not greg b and I have can coozies from ERX the year their marketing department blew a pile of $... some real smart folks working that booth.  but in fairness, iPad lady was leading the charge.   

I'm not so narcissistic that I'd think cat would or should care about what I personally think.

I don't have any Textron memorabilia.

As for investing.. I'm not much of a day trader.  But considering I think the whole industry is dying, I probably wouldn't invest in any snowmobile company.  I prefer land.

53 minutes ago, mnstang said:

I'm not so narcissistic that I'd think cat would or should care about what I personally think.

I don't have any Textron memorabilia.

As for investing.. I'm not much of a day trader.  But considering I think the whole industry is dying, I probably wouldn't invest in any snowmobile company.  I prefer land.

I have textron stuff and it isn’t worth shit.  The only thing worth money out of textron is a hat out of hat day at the golf show for the right person that doesn’t have one from that year. I can go find a hf mower in someone’s boneyard that is vintage as as shit and there is probably one person that can fix it and it would cost 100 grand to make it work right with him fixing it 

1 minute ago, Not greg b said:

I have textron stuff and it isn’t worth shit.  The only thing worth money out of textron is a hat out of hat day at the golf show for the right person that doesn’t have one from that year. I can go find a hf mower in someone’s boneyard that is vintage as as shit and there is probably one person that can fix it and it would cost 100 grand to make it work right with him fixing it 

I don't know WTF you just said.

• Haha 1