Check your account email address ×

2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

She is TIGHT. But I did manage to get a belt on after installing clutch. 3 torq 25 screws on the lower panel helps a lot. Tuck belt down in and turn clutch. Wasn’t as bad as some have made it out to be. This is with a thicker cover also. Ripped it in the yard today. Feels real nice “Clark”. Real nice.  I like. 

IMG_2180.jpeg

59 minutes ago, jonlafon1 said:

She is TIGHT. But I did manage to get a belt on after installing clutch. 3 torq 25 screws on the lower panel helps a lot. Tuck belt down in and turn clutch. Wasn’t as bad as some have made it out to be. This is with a thicker cover also. Ripped it in the yard today. Feels real nice “Clark”. Real nice.  I like. 

IMG_2180.jpeg

That’s what I ended up doing. Gives a little more wiggle room and it isn’t hard to do 

• Like 1

On 1/5/2024 at 8:04 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

I questioned a well known performance companies claim via email a couple years ago... 'we don't because of the costs associated' was the canned (pun) reply.  

I look at it this way... everyone of these manufacturers regardless of brand fits a muffler (MUFFLER) that meets the specifications they are required to while delivering as much performance as they possibly can (pun) and if an aftermarket manufacturer could wouldn't they be screaming from the mountain tops that they did?  

this being said and being truthful, IDK if the aftermarket muffler (not a can) on my not close to stock sled would pass a DB test... probably right on the ragged edge if it does.  when I'm on it I try to be as mindful as possible as I don't want attention from land owners or Leo's.  

the douche nozzles with race cans and mountain cans... those are the ones I detest. 

Cousin is putting this weapon together. If this thing doesn’t close down trails I don’t know a better way to piss off a land owner. Fucker is loud 

IMG_7670.jpeg

• Like 1

On 12/30/2023 at 4:14 PM, krom said:

Only time I'll consider riding an unstudded sled is demo's.  And I have a questionable history doing that even....

What ever would you mean ........................:smack:

On 1/5/2024 at 7:34 PM, Bontz said:

Same here ... for the most part anyway.  I rarely reply to topics in the FB groups - it's more so about the entertainment some of them provide.

isn't that the same with forums for the most part.............. it is for me at least........ read, chuckle, and go on to the next one....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Cousin is putting this weapon together. If this thing doesn’t close down trails I don’t know a better way to piss off a land owner. Fucker is loud 

IMG_7670.jpeg

Quite often the loud sled contest at Waconia was won by an omc with megs.

5 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

Quite often the loud sled contest at Waconia was won by an omc with megs.

Yeah that’s what he said. I might ride that at the bridge ride next year if it runs long enough to make lol. It’s one of the parts sleds he got to make his omc really nice. 

• Like 1

On 1/4/2024 at 2:24 PM, krom said:

It's the impossible to find sold out catalyst right @ZR6000RR 

Screenshot_20240104-152315.png

More impossible finds all for sale

Screenshot_20240107_092334_Facebook.jpg

• Haha 2

On 1/4/2024 at 3:24 PM, krom said:

It's the impossible to find sold out catalyst right @ZR6000RR 

Screenshot_20240104-152315.png

Bought my 2011 500sp from them.  Great people.  Doubt i'll find a new catalyst though for $6995 OTD!:lol:

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, hayward said:

Bought my 2011 500sp from them.  Great people.  Doubt i'll find a new catalyst though for $6995 OTD!:lol:

Yeah no kidding. My catalyst was 14k out the door 

4 hours ago, Not greg b said:

Yeah no kidding. My catalyst was 14k out the door 

Boy did you get off on the cheap side !!! Both of mine we well north of that BEFORE tax, reg, etc.......

On 1/5/2024 at 9:05 PM, AK440 said:

I’ve post two photos of my snow conditions. I can’t help that you’re too stupid to notice. :news:

or maybe it's because I don't actually care?  :dunno:

On 1/6/2024 at 4:47 PM, Not greg b said:

Put 45 miles on today. Cat did a good job with it. The internet has way over hyped the catalyst though. 

we're all waiting for @ZR6000RR's review.

On 1/6/2024 at 9:29 PM, taperk600 said:

What ever would you mean ........................:smack:

isn't that the same with forums for the most part.............. it is for me at least........ read, chuckle, and go on to the next one....

it's war out there

5 hours ago, taperk600 said:

Boy did you get off on the cheap side !!! Both of mine we well north of that BEFORE tax, reg, etc.......

there's a dealership near Norman County MN that you should be dealing with, they're the best and have all the inside information on what's going on with Cat.  ;)

Posted (edited)

so, it looks like we're back to the SnoPro days @Not greg b@taperk600 @krom

based upon what Greg told me about his first ride I'm thinking...

Base ZR 129 uses 95lb ski springs (10.5"L) and a 90/250 dual rate FTS spring (8.25") 

RXC uses 120lb ski springs (10.5 p/n 3703-704) and a two piece FTS spring with a 170/250 rate (3704-039 & 3704-036) 

Being that they're using basic 2" non resi IFP's... change the base model over to the 120lb ski springs and for the FTS spring the old tried and true 210lb straight rate 7.5" SnoPro spring (pn 1704-822)

then adjust valving and rebound for the IFP's with Carver from there.  idk about the torsions yet... :)

I run 120lb'ers on the stock 500 rather than the 140's but had Mike give them a bit more rebound on the last service.  tried the dual rate on the stock 500 FTS IFP but abandoned it when I switched up to DSC's and went back to the straight 210lb

The ski springs are $38 each and the SP FTS spring is $70 so imo it's cheap enough to try it.

Edited by Crnr2Crnr
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

ok... torsions.

ZR 129 uses 0.359" 100 degree 12lb torsions

RXC uses 0.394" 90 degree 16.5lb torsions

for the 129" they made a heavy spring kit with a pair of torsions that are the same as the 24 RXC uses... 8639-544 which is $145 for the pair.  

so there's hope... :lol:

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

27 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

ok... torsions.

ZR 129 uses 0.359" 100 degree 12lb torsions

RXC uses 0.394" 90 degree 16.5lb torsions

for the 129" they made a heavy spring kit with a pair of torsions that are the same as the 24 RXC uses... 8639-544 which is $145 for the pair.  

so there's hope... :lol:

what torsion springs are best for my flap cut freestyle ride ?

2 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

what torsion springs are best for my flap cut freestyle ride ?

idk... looks like they gave me the boot though.  try tagging me in the group once.  :roflcrying:

12 hours ago, taperk600 said:

Yeah it was a couple hundred off msrp. The msrp on mine was 13,700. That doesn’t count the windshield, studs, skis, belt, couple gallons oil I got. 

my last 2 800rr were in the low 14s out the door and my 2015 tucker was 9300 out the door as a carry over. Sled prices have gotten really bad the last 4 years. 

btw guys, congratulations on 100 pages of high quality posts and shared information on this new chassis.

🏆

try that FACEBOOK!!!! 

icegif-1207.gif

:roflcrying:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

btw guys, congratulations on 100 pages of high quality posts and shared information on this new chassis.

🏆

try that FACEBOOK!!!! 

icegif-1207.gif

:roflcrying:

Where are your best buds ak440 and zr6000? 

2 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Where are your best buds ak440 and zr6000? 

one is probably engineering something with an erector set and lincoln logs.  the other is probably working in a turd mine jonesing for his 4pm hit of washer fluid. 

did you order the springs yet or are you waiting for your custom wrap and ggb mountain can?  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

one is probably engineering something with an erector set and lincoln logs.  the other is probably working in a turd mine jonesing for his 4pm hit of washer fluid. 

did you order the springs yet or are you waiting for your custom wrap and ggb mountain can?  

I took the shocks out and installed 1x1 stick in its place 

3 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

so, it looks like we're back to the SnoPro days @Not greg b@taperk600 @krom

then adjust valving and rebound for the IFP's with Carver from there.  idk about the torsions yet... :)

Mike isn't exactly a fan of those shocks...

But AC was retailing them for $99.95, before jumping the prices on them..  I'd venture a guess that they cost less than $15 to manufacture at that time given the number of times they got marked up (manufacture to ac, ac to dealer, dealer to customer)

years back one of the parts folks accidentally told me how little they paid for a 2 stroke 90 atv piston....  it was under $5

Edited by krom

7 minutes ago, krom said:

Mike isn't exactly a fan of those shocks...

But AC was retailing them for $99.95, before jumping the prices on them..  I'd venture a guess that they cost less than $15 to manufacture at that time given the number of times they got marked up (manufacture to ac, ac to dealer, dealer to customer)

years back one of the parts folks accidentally told me how little they paid for a 2 stroke 90 atv piston....  it was under $5

have to work with what you get... or spend several thousand more for premium shocks and the same springs. 

for $300 I'd throw all the RXC boingers in it and see what happens.  might be just right? 

the dual rate one piece coil on the FTS is a piece of shit imo, tried one (100/250) on the SP for a season and it collapsed the primary rate too easily and immediately took you into the 250lb rate, it never seemed fully settled which is what Greg described to a couple of us about his first ride.