Check your account email address ×

Mass bans new gas and diesel cars and trucks

• Platinum Contributing Member

No way states or the US in general can upgrade the electrical grid in time for that.   Even Musk and Toyota CEO admit this and they are likely the most knowledgeable EV people in the world.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/bryan-preston/2020/12/21/toyota-ceo-agrees-with-elon-musk-we-dont-have-enough-electricity-to-electrify-all-the-cars-n1222999

Let’s stipulate one more fact: Whether cars keep burning gas or run on electricity, Toyota is poised to make and sell millions of electric vehicles. It already has the game-changing solid-state battery coming on line. It launched the Prius way back in 1997. Toyota has not only not resisted the adaptation of EVs, it has led the way. Fundamentally, Toyota does not care if cars are powered by gas or nuclear fusion engines as long as it maintains its position and sells millions of them.

So Toyota CEO Akio Toyoda’s comments at the company’s year-end press conference deserve notice and no little amount of respect. He knows more about cars and their economic ecosystem than just about anyone else on the planet.

The Wall Street Journal was in attendance and noted the CEO’s disdain for EVs boils down to his belief they’ll ruin businesses, require massive investments, and even emit more carbon dioxide than combustion-engined vehicles. “The current business model of the car industry is going to collapse,” he said. “The more EVs we build, the worse carbon dioxide gets… When politicians are out there saying, ‘Let’s get rid of all cars using gasoline,’ do they understand this?”

• Like 1

“Citing ‘significant material cost increases and other factors,’ Ford’s announcement revealed price hikes between $6,000 and $8,500 for its electric vehicles. The F-150 Lightning Pro, for example, will sell for $46,974 — a $7,000 increase from the $39,947 charged for last year’s model. GM likewise increased the cost of its electric Hummer by $6,250 last month.

“The price hikes are comparable to the $7,500 tax credits for new electric vehicles included in the $740 billion Inflation Reduction Act, which currently awaits President Joe Biden’s signature.”

4 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

The price hikes are comparable to the $7,500 tax credits for new electric vehicles included in the $740 billion Inflation Reduction Act, which currently awaits President Joe Biden’s signature.”

Imagine that.

Edited by racer254

On 8/16/2022 at 9:39 AM, EvilBird said:

My House in CT on the Mass border just went up in value I guess :read:

3 of the 4 property lines at my home are in CT and one is Mass.  Don't kid yourself CT is every bit as stupid and will follow suit soon enough.

New York State's got that out-stupided..  They're looking to ban gas hookups to all new housing.  Considering the lock on politics NYC has on the state, they'll probably get it.

Once everything is all electric, imagine the chaos and mayhem when Russian/NK/Chinese/etc hackers shut down the grid.   

On 8/16/2022 at 8:21 AM, racer254 said:

I think this is great, let one or 2 states try this out and see how it works for them.

we will look like Cuba in no time with 50 year old gas cars cobbled together all over the place.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Carlos Danger said:

3 of the 4 property lines at my home are in CT and one is Mass.  Don't kid yourself CT is every bit as stupid and will follow suit soon enough.

Yeah I am sure you are right, its coming everywhere eventually I guess if things keep going like its going 

Internal combustion fossil fueled engines will be a thing of the past in 25 years.

They are dirty as fuck and fuel efficiency has not improved much.

My 2012 Expy V8 gets 15 mpg. My 1970 Chevelle V8 got 15 mpg. 
So in 52 years there’s no improvement because of big oil. 
im happy state government steps up and mandates a phase out of fossil fueled vehicles.

think of this……back when Henry Ford started selling gas cars horse owners said their won’t be enough gas stations to fuel those cars it’s gonna fail.

So after 120 years it’s time to get off the tits of big oil. FUCK THEM UP THE ASS WITH A STILLSON WRENCH

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

Internal combustion fossil fueled engines will be a thing of the past in 25 years.

im happy state government steps up and mandates a phase out of fossil fueled vehicles.

think of this……back when Henry Ford started selling gas cars horse owners said their won’t be enough gas stations to fuel those cars it’s gonna fail.

So after 120 years it’s time to get off the tits of big oil. FUCK THEM UP THE ASS WITH A STILLSON WRENCH

You're an absolute idiot in every way imaginable 

• Thanks 1

None of my 5.3's were great on fuel. Just ok. Not terrible or good.this 6.2 suburban is ridiculous on fuel and has good power 

The last family trip it averaged around 24 mpg over 1600 miles over city and highway 

I'd say the last 10 years things really improved. I can get over 600:miles on a tank of fuel. EV's have a long row to hoe to beat that 

• Like 2

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/ford-f-150-lightning-ownership-costs-calculated-electricity-vs-gasoline/#:~:text=Using all this information, the,and 6.7 cents per mile.

Mitchell from Town and Country TV used the mileage of 16,500 miles driven per year, with about 55% of that being city driving for these numbers. The timeline used is 10 years. The cost of electricity used in the equation is $0.14 kWh, and the price of gas used is $4.99 per gallon. That’s the average cost in the area for electricity and gas at the time. 

Using all this information, the cost of charging the Ford F-150 Lightning home is $1,107 per year. That breaks down to $92 a month, $21 a week, and 6.7 cents per mile. Over 10 years that works out to be $11,070 in electricity. 

For the gasoline-powered Ford F-150, the cost of gas works out to be $4,333 per year. That’s $361 a month and $83 a week. That works out to 26.3 cents per mile and $43,330 over 10 years.

• Gold Member
4 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

doubtful,  people want to live in MA no one really want to live in CT outside NYers.  

Are you retarded ? I have three people in my neighborhood alone who just moved here and all told me they had to get the fuck outta Mass :lol:

Massachusetts fucking sucks 

• Gold Member
5 hours ago, Mainecat said:

So when You buying a EV ? :pc:

25 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Are you retarded ? I have three people in my neighborhood alone who just moved here and all told me they had to get the fuck outta Mass :lol:

Mass does suck. but there are a real lot of high paying jobs there.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Mass does suck. but there are a real lot of high paying jobs there.

Yeah same with Connecticut.

I look at Mass just like CT for the most part , same climate , same basic area, same type of people for the most part. Both states have their advantages.  ...im 5 min from the border.....Its not really a jab rather than calling out the stupidness of saying people want to live in MA and nobody wants to live in CT . 

Greenwich CT hasn't been consistently ranked one of the richest parts of the Nation for years and years because nobody except NYers want to live here. 

55 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

I think that is a mixed bag. A buddy of mine moved 1100 feet which took him from Granby CT to Southwick Mass.  Those 1100 feet cut his property tax by half or more which around here is quite a few bucks every year.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

I think that is a mixed bag. A buddy of mine moved 1100 feet which took him from Granby CT to Southwick Mass.  Those 1100 feet cut his property tax by half or more which around here is quite a few bucks every year.

I bet I know Him . thats basically where im at :lol: Is he on the lake now ? 

32 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

funny thing I notice my whole life , Only people from MA seem to hate CT . And people from CT seem to hate Massholes usually. We are like step brothers :lol:

and as a commercial driver I hate both massholes and coneticunts equally, no different than canadians:news:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

and as a commercial driver I hate both massholes and coneticunts equally, no different than canadians:news:

Yup!