Check your account email address ×

Are you better off now than 2 years ago?

Pete

52 minutes ago, Cold War said:

sad to hear. Way too young. 
Crazy with all these young guys getting cancer.  At a memorial for a friend we did travel softball with.  Our daughters played together for years, 

52 years old and the cancer ate him up in 6 months. 

No doubt, I know too many people and alot of them fairly young that are dealing with some form of cancer. Both of my wife's sisters just went through double mastectomy breast cancer. There's a new issue with breast cancer called dense breasts where a mammogram doesn't always detect cancer. She had a mammogram 8 months prior to diagnosis that didn't detect it and low and behold she finds out she has dense breasts. :flush:

• Sad 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

No doubt, I know too many people and alot of them fairly young that are dealing with some form of cancer. Both of my wife's sisters just went through double mastectomy breast cancer. There's a new issue with breast cancer called dense breasts where a mammogram doesn't always detect cancer. She had a mammogram 8 months prior to diagnosis that didn't detect it and low and behold she finds out she has dense breasts. :flush:

Good lord…here’s to a full recovery for your SIL’s.👊🏻

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The little woman and I have been pushing this idea of retiring sooner than later.  Put the brakes on it when Brandon took office, but are reconsidering with some things that have transpired in the last 6-10 months.  The most intriguing thing is my employer has started a part time option with health coverage - 25 hours a week qualifies us for full-time health care benefits now!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Doomxz600 said:

Insurance is always the question I am asked about, most people end up having to keep working just because of it.

I maxed out all my sick time and got a good payout when I left. I use it to pay for the same health and dental coverage I had while working. It’s a large expense. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, spin_dry said:

You haven’t a clue what working in public health is all about. Yet here you are, running your mouth. I’d love to see you manage a situation where a family brings their suicidal 15yo daughter in on a crisis following being gang raped the week before. You’d shit your fucking pants. 

Well,

I may think that guys like you are PREDATORS.

The way you talk on this forum, if you ever said anything like what you do on this, I would fucking kick the shit out of you so fast before talking to a 15 year old girl before you know what hit you.

Edited by racer254
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Hey numb nuts you think public sector jobs are easier?

lmao

Way.  Don't pay for shit though, so not my thing.

9 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I hate rainy days at the cottage... spending time with you dolts instead of fishing.

Maybe I'll go pull down a balsam that snapped and hung since my last visit... 

IMG_20220813_100608408_HDR.jpg

Shit, I'd come fish in the rain.  Will even bring a boat.

5 hours ago, Badger** said:

I honestly don't know if I want to ever retire, I'm having fun doing what I love. 

Of course, playing with your meat.  It's all you do every day.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Hey numb nuts you think public sector jobs are easier?

lmao

I worked public sector IT at a University for 7 years. It was a good place to get my start but it’s filed with incompetent leaders and lazy people. 

People at the top of their game can go elsewhere and make a better life. 

42 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Well,

The way you talk on this forum, if you ever said anything like what you do on this, I would fucking kick the shit out of you so fast before talking to a 15 year old girl before you know what hit you.

Now you’re threatening me? And you’re calling me a predator? :lol: 

You really are a fucked up dude.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

Now you’re threatening me? And you’re calling me a predator? :lol: 

You really are a fucked up dude.  

Sounds like you struck a nerve or 2!!!

:lol:

49 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Well,

Oh look, another conservative who thinks people who disagree with him are pedophiles. Get a fucking grip.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Badger** said:

If you like to eat dog food, have at it. :bc:

Conservatives are picky like children when it comes to food. Not really something to be proud of.

Just now, SSFB said:

Conservatives are picky like children when it comes to food. Not really something to be proud of.

And dogs lick there ass, just like liberal do, defiantly nothing to be proud of.