Check your account email address ×

Car performance from the 80's

• Gold Member

Teslas are just 10 years old and they have the fastest accelerating cars in their classes and the fastest accelerating mass produced auto available…. Well the 120 years of ICE development just came match up that means it’s done

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Leaded gas and coal. The Michigan retard is Da Man!!!

Whoa,whoa…..the angry jagaloon lives out East….don’t put that shit on my state!🤣

10 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

If the racers of the world had their way America could look just like Beijing on a warm, summer day. Fucking imbecile :lol: 

That's OK....we are used to wearing masks.

• Gold Member
26 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

This group gets dumber by the minute. :lol: 

23 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Bring back leaded gas!!!!  :lol: 

The health impacts of lead exposure in children include anemia, behavioral disorders, low IQ, reading and learning disabilities, and nerve damage. In adults, lead exposure is associated with hypertension and cardiovascular disease.”

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Pete said:

I got 10 gal of used motor oil to burn up too. I’ll torch it this weekend. 

Shit I just pour that stuff down the drain sewers....leaves a rainbow effect

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

With the government pushing EV, do you think car companies are putting the same about of $$$ into the innovation of gasoline engines vs electric? 

Nope, pretty much none.  Thank Obama for that.

1 hour ago, Doorider said:

340xi tuned running an extra 4psi of boost.  Cruise set at 78 on flat ground, eco mode. 43 mpg and averaged 34 for the whole drive. Fuel efficiency doesn't have to mean slow and boring

Screenshot_20220615-100102_Message+.jpg

Well I get great mileage driving like my grandma as well, but in a daily situation it is shit.  I am in da boost ALL the time though.  It is why I have the car.

4 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Shit I just pour that stuff down the drain sewers....leaves a rainbow effect

Oil changes over a storm drain is convenient 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

If the racers of the world had their way America could look just like Beijing on a warm, summer day. Fucking imbecile :lol: 

There is something to be said about a retiree constantly on a snowmobile forum, pushing EV's yet owns and drives a diesel van and mooches off his family and friends in order to live off the grid.   What a life, pushing the leftist agenda on a snowmobile forum.

2 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Nope, pretty much none.  Thank Obama for that.

Well I get great mileage driving like my grandma as well, but in a daily situation it is shit.  I am in da boost ALL the time though.  It is why I have the car.

It was a 2 day experiment to see what I could do.  Got bored real fast and back to driving it like it was meant to be driven :wind:

Just now, Doorider said:

It was a 2 day experiment to see what I could do.  Got bored real fast and back to driving it like it was meant to be driven :wind:

That's a nice cruising speed RPM for good MPG's though... I drive 6MT's and I always wish the 6th gear was taller.  Current car sits at 3000rpm at 80mph.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Whoa,whoa…..the angry jagaloon lives out East….don’t put that shit on my state!🤣

No shit....I'm wondering who he's been referring to when he keeps saying that 

I mean, we have our share of angry ass people but he aint from here:lol: 

Edited by Skidooski
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 800renegaderider said:

The health impacts of lead exposure in children include anemia, behavioral disorders, low IQ, reading and learning disabilities, and nerve damage. In adults, lead exposure is associated with hypertension and cardiovascular disease.”

That's Pete!!!

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

That's a nice cruising speed RPM for good MPG's though... I drive 6MT's and I always wish the 6th gear was taller.  Current car sits at 3000rpm at 80mph.

What car? 

32 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

No shit....I'm wondering who he's been referring to when he keeps saying that 

I mean, we have our share of angry ass people but he aint from here:lol: 

:lol2:

Michigan Is the Worst State in the Union, by far

renderTimingPixel.png

I had the unfortunate circumstance of being sent to Michigan for a few months by my company on a work project. I was absolutely stunned at what a terrible place it is. The people are some of the saddest, rudest, most miserable group of humans I've ever come across on the planet. The cities are decaying, rotting, lower third-world tier cesspools of poverty, violence, and corruption. The suburbs, while not quite as apocalyptic as the urban centers, are lifeless, sad, and nearly just as depressing. You can see it in the faces of the people, their souls are withering away. Drug abuse is rampant even in the well off areas.

I've traveled extensively across the United States, and while people like to rag on Florida, Mississippi, the Dakotas and West Virginia... Michigan is clearly the most miserable place in the country. I have no idea how its continually slipped through the cracks whenever we talk about the worst state in the union. The only saving grace of the state is the U.P., and while it has some decent spots, it's still pretty mediocre countryside.

If you live in Michigan, please do yourself a favor and flee before the state sucks your soul away forever, like most of its current residents.

11 minutes ago, Doorider said:

What car? 

Nothing special - 2015 V6 Accord Coupe.  Lowered, sticky tires, a few bolt ons, its a fun daily driver.  But it can take a 30mph clover leaf at 60 before the tires start to bark....

FAB7F4E2-3AFC-473C-B8D4-387DEA025517.jpeg

Edited by Mag6240
  • Like 2

The nostalgia for muscle cars from the 60s and 70s always strikes me as funny.  Yeah, they have some cool lines, sound and look great when restored and clean, but the majority of them get their clocks cleaned by a V6 Camry or even an F150 EB in almost every measure of driving dynamics and performance, while using less gas and not waking up half the city.

They had their place.

There are still some gains to be made in the realm of ICE.  Variable compression ratios for instance.  But electric is the future.  Once quantum charging is real, it's game over for ICE.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

Nothing special - 2015 V6 Accord Coupe.  Lowered, sticky tires, a few bolt ons, its a fun daily driver.  But it can take a 30mph clover leaf at 60 before the tires start to bark....

FAB7F4E2-3AFC-473C-B8D4-387DEA025517.jpeg

Not a bad looking ride,pretty sleek...the tinted windows and rims go very well with that car:bc:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Pete said:

:lol2:

Michigan Is the Worst State in the Union, by far

renderTimingPixel.png

I had the unfortunate circumstance of being sent to Michigan for a few months by my company on a work project. I was absolutely stunned at what a terrible place it is. The people are some of the saddest, rudest, most miserable group of humans I've ever come across on the planet. The cities are decaying, rotting, lower third-world tier cesspools of poverty, violence, and corruption. The suburbs, while not quite as apocalyptic as the urban centers, are lifeless, sad, and nearly just as depressing. You can see it in the faces of the people, their souls are withering away. Drug abuse is rampant even in the well off areas.

I've traveled extensively across the United States, and while people like to rag on Florida, Mississippi, the Dakotas and West Virginia... Michigan is clearly the most miserable place in the country. I have no idea how its continually slipped through the cracks whenever we talk about the worst state in the union. The only saving grace of the state is the U.P., and while it has some decent spots, it's still pretty mediocre countryside.

If you live in Michigan, please do yourself a favor and flee before the state sucks your soul away forever, like most of its current residents.

Lmao.... I don't know how Jersey avoided that list