Check your account email address ×

What the national news outlets will report on and what they won't

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

One would think the NRA would have some information to back their assertion that their political parrots continue to caw.

The NRA is a cash funnel from morons to the GOP. just like teamster members have been with the DNC. 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

2 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

The Gun Nuts are totally fucked also I agree. 
that’s the problem we have 2 polar opposites with the normal Guys like us stuck in the middle. Divide and conquer once again, I’m guessing by design 

same narrative can be applied to (insert drama of the day here) and it's typically the crackpots of the far left and far right that are yelling the loudest and which the media seemingly caters to.  

it's time for those in the middle to say 'enough already' to both of them.  now is the time for some rational reasonable leaders to step forward before we end up with Trump and Biden running in 24

• Like 1

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

One would think the NRA would have some information to back their assertion that their political parrots continue to caw.

The NRA aint what they used to be. there are better orgs now. 

As for determining how many lives are saved by guns, regulations bar the CDC from conducting original research of the defensive use of firearms. But after the Sandy Hook school massacre in 2012, President Barack Obama issued an executive order allowing the agency to review existing studies on causes of and ways to reduce gun violence. As to defensives uses of guns, the CDC report said, “Studies that directly assessed the effect of actual defensive uses of guns (i.e., incidents in which a gun was ‘used’ by the crime victim in the sense of attacking or threatening an offender) have found consistently lower injury rates among gun-using crime victims compared with victims who used other self-protective strategies. … Almost all national survey estimates indicate that defensive gun uses by victims are at least as common as offensive uses by criminals, with estimates of annual uses ranging from about 500,000 to more than 3 million per year, in the context of about 300,000 violent crimes involving firearms in 2008.”

Criminologist and researcher Gary Kleck, using his own commissioned phone surveys and number extrapolation, estimates that Americans use guns for defensive purposes 1.2 million times each year — and that 1 in 6 Americans who have used guns defensively believe someone would have died but for their ability to resort to their defensive use of firearms. Twenty years ago economist John Lott, author of “More Guns, Less Crime,” and his research partner wrote: “We find that allowing citizens to carry concealed weapons deters violent crimes and it appears to produce no increase in accidental deaths. If those states which did not have right-to-carry concealed gun provisions had adopted them in 1992, approximately 1,570 murders; 4,177 rapes; and over 60,000 aggravated assaults would have been avoided yearly.”

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

The NRA is a cash funnel from morons to the GOP. just like teamster members have been with the DNC. 

My union BA was in my office today and was saying how he has to watch his mouth in the hall when he wants to mother fuck Biden. The union tit suckers tow the democrat line but the membership is another story. Perhaps to their own detriment one day but I have definitely seen the colors change on my brothers the last 20 years. 

• Sad 1

Just now, spin_dry said:

Is anyone on this site pushing for banning guns? I somehow missed who it was. 

doesnt matter, the ruling class is definitely pushing it. Probably because they know that we know they are full of shit and fear for their own safety

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

My union BA was in my office today and was saying how he has to watch his mouth in the hall when he wants to mother fuck Biden. The union tit suckers tow the democrat line but the membership is another story. Perhaps to their own detriment one day but I have definitely seen the colors change on my brothers the last 20 years. 

Never worked for a union and thankful that I didn’t. While they may be necessary in some lines of work, I only saw them as a burden. I feel badly for union employees in the future. The Dems are only exploiting them for cash and the GOP sees them as residual blood suckers of a bygone era, siphoning money away from the investors. 

Just now, spin_dry said:

Is anyone on this site pushing for banning guns? I somehow missed who it was. 

I'm for moderating specific types of guns, how they are sold, registered, tracked with responsible citizens and who can legally possess them... mostly to liven up the conversation.  :) 

Do I own an AR? Nope

Have I fired an AR? Yup

Do I have or see the need for 'most people' to own one?  Nope

Do I have a school age child?  Yup

Is it a fear of mine that a school shooting could be attempted at my child's school... Yes sir.

How would I react if my child were shot or killed in a school shooting?  The shooter best committ suicide.  ;)

2 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Since when did Trumptards care about blacks?

The difference between you lying dead on the side of the road, and a skunk dead on the side of the road?

Skidmarks for the skunk.

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Like the cops in Uvalde ? 

Precisely how many examples of a 'good guy with a gun' stopping a mass shooting (aside from law enforcement) can you site since 1994 ?  

You stupid enough to call a cop a good guy?

Yeah... figures...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I'm for moderating specific types of guns, how they are sold, registered, tracked with responsible citizens and who can legally possess them... mostly to liven up the conversation.  :) 

Do I own an AR? Nope

Have I fired an AR? Yup

Is it a fear of mine that a school shooting could be attempted at my child's school... Yes sir.

How would I react if my child were shot or killed in a school shooting?  The shooter best committ suicide.  ;)

Is this after you run and get permission to do what you want to do?

Who you gonna ask for the gun safe key?

You would shit your pants, then shit them again. Period.

5 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Never worked for a union and thankful that I didn’t. While they may be necessary in some lines of work, I only saw them as a burden. I feel badly for union employees in the future. The Dems are only exploiting them for cash and the GOP sees them as residual blood suckers of a bygone era, siphoning money away from the investors. 

The states need to get out of the pension administration business. If they could do that the unions would be fine

• Like 1

• Gold Member

I have 3 buddies who are Cops . I think 2 outta the 3 MIGHT run into a building to take out a shooter. Both are War Vets. 

the average Cop will wait for shots to end and be the cleanup crew. ESP the Cops they hire nowadays AKA out of shape Women. 

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

The states need to get out of the pension administration business. If they could do that the unions would be fine

Pensions need to be brought back into existence. Both by private and public. However, they need to be 100% self funded like wisconsin and others. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Pensions need to be brought back into existence. Both by private and public. However, they need to be 100% self funded like wisconsin and others. 

Public pensions are rife with corruption, they are unsustainable

• Like 1

• Gold Member

The national news outlets, all of them, have reduced themselves to being outright liars. It's almost impressive considering they have never really been truthful or factual.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

The national news outlets, all of them, have reduced themselves to being outright liars. It's almost impressive considering they have never really been truthful or factual.

They are paid propagandists

• Like 2

Our media up here. Not any different than you guys at all, and I assume the same can be said worldwide too?

meeddia2.jpg

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

I have 3 buddies who are Cops . I think 2 outta the 3 MIGHT run into a building to take out a shooter. Both are War Vets. 

the average Cop will wait for shots to end and be the cleanup crew. ESP the Cops they hire nowadays AKA out of shape Women. 

Not all of them!!!!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Ummm... no.

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/american-fedn-of-state-county-municipal-employees/recipients?id=D000000061 

35 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

never? 

interesting... 🤔

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Do I own an AR? Nope

Have I fired an AR? Yup

if i had young kids in school i would like to see the teachers be armed. don't know why they would want to be a sitting duck for target practice. 

52 minutes ago, Anler said:

Public pensions are rife with corruption, they are unsustainable

Wisconsin’s is fully self funded. Solvent for years. I believe the latest amount is a $140 billion trust. Zero corruption. 

Edited by spin_dry