Check your account email address ×

Lake Mead

1 hour ago, irv said:

Notice how 30-40 yrs ago it was just droughts, floods, hurricanes, tornadoes and forest fires, and how quickly all those things became global warming/climate crisis's? Anything the Libs/Dems can use to fleece more money out of the pockets of hard working people, they do it. Sad so many sheep have no idea they are being played and robbed by the people they trust. 

climy.jpg

I think with the California exodus Nevada has seen a spike in population and the water supply in the desert just isnt enough. Too many boomers tryna water their lawns and shit. 

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
34 minutes ago, Anler said:

I think with the California exodus Nevada has seen a spike in population and the water supply in the desert just isnt enough. Too many boomers tryna water their lawns and shit. 

Yup....gotta keep everything green and looking good....boomers love to waste things....sometimes I just turn on my hose for the hell of it and let water run down the driveway for hours. Conservation is not in my vocabulary......it's gimme, gimme all the time.....what a great life as a boomer.:thumbsup:....Cant wait to grab my share of unneeded SS.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Yup....gotta keep everything green and looking good....boomers love to waste things....sometimes I just turn on my hose for the hell of it and let water run down the driveway for hours. Conservation is not in my vocabulary......it's gimme, gimme all the time.....what a great life as a boomer.:thumbsup:....Cant wait to grab my share of unneeded SS.

I know. I dont have a problem with you boomers getting your social security if you worked for it. I just dont like you living longer than you should :thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

I know. I dont have a problem with you boomers getting your social security if you worked for it. I just dont like you living longer than you should :thumbsup:

When should we kick the bucket?....70, 80?

12 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Depends on the Boomer!!11  :news: 

8 minutes ago, Anler said:

Yes!

Im good with 80....hell I'm surprised I've made it this far to 60...:bc:

Desalination is the answer.  California is trying to build desalination plants but because of typical CA enviro wackos worried about plankton, the latest effort was killed.

Arizona knows we can't rely on California for desalinated water.  They're too fruity.  Our gov is working with Mexico on a jointly-funded desalination plan.  It won't meet 100% of the need, but it'll help.

Interesting fact, Arizona uses less water now than it did in the 1980s when much of where people live now was farmland.  It's absolutely batshit crazy.  Drive from Phoenix to San Diego on I-8 and there are hundreds of miles of green fields.  That's all irrigation.  Why on earth we keep farming in AZ and CA is beyond me.  We have an entire central part of the country that's much better for farming than the fkn desert...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

When should we kick the bucket?....70, 80?

I plan on sucking every last dollar out of social security. When I turn 70 I’ll get a $800 month raise by switching over to mine. It’s a pretty good deal. 

How many billions of gallons have been diverted from lake mead to the fake lake Vegas. They have pipe lines running to keep it full. All so they can sell Fake  lake front property in the fucking desert. But but it’s global warming? Let’s grow produce in the California and Arizona desert,pump the fake lakes dry. Then blame it on the fake news global warming. Holy fuck are people  stupid. https://www.kingvegashomes.com/blog-posts/the-story-of-lake-las-vegas

CAFCDADB-735A-4571-B323-DD535E67C267.png

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

How many billions of gallons have been diverted from lake mead to the fake lake Vegas. They have pipe lines running to keep it full. All so they can sell Fake  lake front property in the fucking desert. But but it’s global warming? Let’s grow produce in the California and Arizona desert,pump the fake lakes dry. Then blame it on the fake news global warming. Holy fuck are people  stupid. https://www.kingvegashomes.com/blog-posts/the-story-of-lake-las-vegas

CAFCDADB-735A-4571-B323-DD535E67C267.png

Democrats(liberals) are stupid.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

Since you are not allowed to look for bodies would be a good opportunity to dump some more bodies in there

The best place to put the body is a golf course lake or fake lake Las Vegas. They are draining lake mead to keep those full. 

5 hours ago, Anler said:

We created all the wonderful medical advances to extend and improve the quality of life.  All you've created is Etsy, hard plastic dashboards in cars, and unisex bathroom signs. Then called it all "aDvAnCeMeNt"

25 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

How many billions of gallons have been diverted from lake mead to the fake lake Vegas. They have pipe lines running to keep it full. All so they can sell Fake  lake front property in the fucking desert. But but it’s global warming? Let’s grow produce in the California and Arizona desert, pump the fake lakes dry. Then blame it on the fake news global warming. Holy fuck are people stupid. https://www.kingvegashomes.com/blog-posts/the-story-of-lake-las-vegas

Everything about global warming is a fabricated lie. 

obamy.png

Obama's new home.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

We created all the wonderful medical advances to extend and improve the quality of life.  All you've created is Etsy, hard plastic dashboards in cars, and unisex bathroom signs. Then called it all "aDvAnCeMeNt"

baby_boomer_memes_05.jpg

• Haha 2

I read where 75% of water usage in LA and Las Vegas were basically unnecessary. Shit like watering lawns and recreational endeavors. If that's true, it seems as though they could solve their own problems immediately. 

29 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I read where 75% of water usage in LA and Las Vegas were basically unnecessary. Shit like watering lawns and recreational endeavors. If that's true, it seems as though they could solve their own problems immediately. 

There's a ton more we could be doing and retain the lucrative recreational and farming water.  First thing would be to separate off everyone's home irrigation systems from the city water supplies.  No reason I need to be watering my lawn with tap water.  I would gladly use lightly recycled water (like they use for the residential ponds and lakes here) to water my lawn.  To do that, we should be reclaiming and reusing more of our water than we do.

Know what?  We should just do what Israel does.  They live in a drier location than the SouthWest and they make more water than they need via desalination.  The plankton lovers need to get the fuck out of the way...

Wow....many lakes becoming dry in the west....hydro-electricity is  becoming very challenged.....throw in a bunch of extra EV's and we are headed for trouble. We are no way prepared to get off oil and gas for many years to come yet.