Check your account email address ×

And.... another one.

• Platinum Contributing Member
16 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

we used to bring knives to school, trade/sell etc. never stab someone. we even brought guns on the bus to refinish the stocks in wood shop. imagine that

I have an old side by each twenty gauge that has been in my family for years and when I was in HS…81-85…my principal was a gun guy and I was telling him about it and he told to bring it in so he could check it out. Had it cased and brought it to school with zero issue.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

Elimination of guns would solve the problem.  I don't think that America has the fortitude to do so, thus it isn't a realistic solution.  I heard someone say that we shouldn't forget those brave elementary kids that laid down their lives to protect our second amendment.  Seems to ring true for us Americans.

Neal

26 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Too many? Why?

The 2020 the US population grew by 392,000.

In 2020 40,000,000 guns were sold legally in the US

So 40 million guns sold in 2020, and 614 "mass shootings" by their definition. Pretty low rate of incidents to amount of guns sold. 

1 minute ago, sleepybrew said:

we used to bring knives to school, trade/sell etc. never stab someone. we even brought guns on the bus to refinish the stocks in wood shop. imagine that

We used to bring our guns to school on the school bus and work on them. 

23 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

That’s a good question. I know my kids elementary the doors are always locked during the day. You have to call the office let them know who you are and they come to the door and check your ID. It’s a small town though maybe bigger schools are different??

Reports are there was a door open that maybe shouldn't have been.  :wall:

1 minute ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

That seems fucking huge...

Neal

That's just guns sold, not in possession. Plus if you look at the mass shooting definition, it is defined in a way to make sensational headlines. Mass shooting has more a emotional reaction than 3 people were shot last night in Chicago. I don't have the time to dig deep into it, but I'd bet alot of the mass shooting numbers are gang related violence and if you outlawed all guns, that type of violence would still happen

15 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

So 40 million guns sold in 2020, and 614 "mass shootings" by their definition. Pretty low rate of incidents to amount of guns sold. 

:news: 75% are not random. 

us-homicide-data-mass-shooting-2020.jpg

Edited by Highmark
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cat45 said:

That's just guns sold, not in possession. Plus if you look at the mass shooting definition, it is defined in a way to make sensational headlines. Mass shooting has more a emotional reaction than 3 people were shot last night in Chicago. I don't have the time to dig deep into it, but I'd bet alot of the mass shooting numbers are gang related violence and if you outlawed all guns, that type of violence would still happen

chicago a prime example. strict gun laws and it's a shooting range. black lives matter unless it's chicago

WASHINGTON, D.C. – The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) is urging parents of young children to anchor and stabilize their televisions, furniture, and appliances to prevent tip-over related incidents.  In a quest to reach a toy, TV or game remote, or other desired item, young children are using dressers and tables as climbing devices and the results are tragic.

A new CPSC data reportissued today shows that 349 consumers (84 percent of them were children younger than age 9) were killed between 2000 and 2011, when TVs, furniture or appliances toppled over onto them.  Last year (2011) had the highest one-year number of fatalities reported. The 41 recorded fatalities is an increase from 31 in 2010 and 27 in 2009. This total also may increase in future years as additional fatalities are reported.

“We know that low-cost anchoring devices are effective in preventing tip-over incidents,” said CPSC Chairman Inez Tenenbaum. “I urge parents to anchor their TVs, furniture and appliances and protect their children. It takes just a few minutes to do and it can save lives.”

CPSC estimates that more than 43,000 consumers are injured each year in tip-over incidents. More than 25,000 (59 percent) of those injuries are to children under the age of 18. Falling furniture accounts for more than half (52 percent) of the injury reports. Falling televisions have proven to be more deadly, as they are associated with more than half (62 percent) of reported fatalities.

1 minute ago, sleepybrew said:

chicago a prime example. strict gun laws and it's a shooting range. black lives matter unless it's chicago

Exactly, yes these shootings are a tragedy but mass killings have always happened and always will. Nothing can stop evil people from doing evil things. If it's not a gun it'll be a bomb or a car or a knife

1 minute ago, Cat45 said:

Exactly, yes these shootings are a tragedy but mass killings have always happened and always will. Nothing can stop evil people from doing evil things. If it's not a gun it'll be a bomb or a car or a knife

very true

13 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

You left out Detroit, Baltimore, Philly, etc etc etc.

42 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I have an old side by each twenty gauge that has been in my family for years and when I was in HS…81-85…my principal was a gun guy and I was telling him about it and he told to bring it in so he could check it out. Had it cased and brought it to school with zero issue.

We had a HS trap team that took yearbook pictures in front of the school.....with our guns. 

• Like 2

This psycho barricaded himself in a room with 4th graders and started killing them.  The level of derangement it takes to do that is unexplainable.   He was going to kill with guns or without.

Said it before yesterday's serial killers are today's random mass shooters.  They have todays society's need for instant gratification and perceived fame.   

We are teaching people that no matter what someone "wronged" them and they deserve.....dare I say it reparations. 

We have a horrible mix of you're always the victim, you deserve something, you are never wrong, violence in video games and media.   Mix that with a psychopathic personality and its a recipe for disaster. 

rep·a·ra·tion
/ˌrepəˈrāSH(ə)n/
noun
  1. the making of amends for a wrong one has done, by paying money to or otherwise helping those who have been wronged.

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Schools and much of society promote unhealthy mental disorders.  Maybe schools should do more at recognizing metal illness and relaying that to parents instead of glamorizing it.  I'm not claiming the shooter was trans or whatever, that's just a general statement about promotion of mental disorders in our schools. 

Fact is there is much we need to learn about this violent killer. 

You have the answers to everything. Why are you wasting your skill set here? 

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

This psycho barricaded himself in a room with 4th graders and started killing them.  The level of derangement it takes to do that is unexplainable.   He was going to kill with guns or without.

Said it before yesterday's serial killers are today's random mass shooters.  They have todays society's need for instant gratification and perceived fame.   

We are teaching people that no matter what someone "wronged" them and they deserve.....dare I say it reparations. 

rep·a·ra·tion
/ˌrepəˈrāSH(ə)n/
noun
  1. the making of amends for a wrong one has done, by paying money to or otherwise helping those who have been wronged.

Why was the guy being chased? I haven't seen anything that explains what led up to this. 

3 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

You have the answers to everything. Why are you wasting your skill set here? 

Dude do you have even an ounce of self awareness?  You come on here claiming to know about everything from addiction, to military hardware and everything in between.   I'm no different sharing my opinion than anyone else in here including yourself.  You just don't like it when I do it.  

Edited by Highmark

Just now, Cat45 said:

Why was the guy being chased? I haven't seen anything that explains what led up to this. 

Not sure he was but by where his vehicle ended up it appears that way. 

Just now, Highmark said:

Not sure he was but by where his vehicle ended up it appears that way. 

It would sure be nice to hear how this all started. The guy is definitely fucked in the head but something had to trigger him