Check your account email address ×

Any other Gen X'ers looking forward to getting screwed out of 25-27% of their Social Security?

3 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Al Gore wanted to protect all you young boneheads but nooooooo.

Did anyone try to stop Obama or Biden from doing that?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Always figured I wouldn’t get anything from SS. I’ve also thought it was complete bullshit that I’m paying into it. My money is better invested elsewhere than being in the US government’s possession. 

Edited by SayatodaU.P.eh?
  • Like 6

• Gold Member

Social Security :lol:

Everyone should have a better plan to "retire" with. 

And if you dont,  with the internet younger generations can be easily working from home making money until they die. My Grandfather had a great pension but still made money off the stock market and other investments/businesses until the day he died. No reason not too. 

Edited by EvilBird

Making sure you have 3 pensions and 2 401ks is the easiest way to say fuck SS and the government.....

I put almost 50 years in also, and will take what I get. But it is the last thing we NEED.

On 5/21/2022 at 9:17 AM, DriftBusta said:

I've only been paying in for about 50 years.  Shame on me for getting a fraction of it back when I finally decide to retire.  :lol: Those fucking boomers!  Congratulations to you twats who fall for these narratives, first time in history, younger generations have shit on those who came before them.  Well done!

while not going to be as much as invested in the broad market  you should get that money back in 10-15 years even having paid both sides the years you were self employed.    SS is a necessary safety net and one can't just let people opt out IMO because too many with no financial acumen would.   

19 hours ago, EvilBird said:

Social Security :lol:

Everyone should have a better plan to "retire" with. 

And if you dont,  with the internet younger generations can be easily working from home making money until they die. My Grandfather had a great pension but still made money off the stock market and other investments/businesses until the day he died. No reason not too. 

Of course everyone should but over half of Americans have no retirement savings. That is going to be a problem because we are looking a significant amount of the population that may be not only poor but also unemployable and with lots of health issues. What do you think that will do to the economy? 

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

while not going to be as much as invested in the broad market  you should get that money back in 10-15 years even having paid both sides the years you were self employed.    SS is a necessary safety net and one can't just let people opt out IMO because too many with no financial acumen would.   

Unfortunately there are no laws against being stupid. If there were maybe we wouldnt get into the situations we do. 

28 minutes ago, Anler said:

Of course everyone should but over half of Americans have no retirement savings. That is going to be a problem because we are looking a significant amount of the population that may be not only poor but also unemployable and with lots of health issues. What do you think that will do to the economy? 

Gonna be a beaner economy!  :lol: 

12 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Gonna be a beaner economy!  :lol: 

The good thing about those illegals is they wont ever collect on those SS wages. There are thousands of mexicans with the same SS#'s running around! looks at @Woodtick

4 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

There is a law. It’s social security. 

Yup...and ive paid in my whole life maxing out the last 10 years and I won’t see anywhere near what I’ve paid in. 

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Yup...and ive paid in my whole life maxing out the last 10 years and I won’t see anywhere near what I’ve paid in. 

Who are you tellin?

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

My problem is I have to live long enough to collect it (assuming its still solvent). I have been removing asbestos for 31 years and the latency period for asbestos related lung cancer is 15-45 years. Ill be 67 in 15 years which will put me at 46 years in! 

The good news is I dont need to worry about stretching my retirement savings out if that happens!

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

Who are you tellin?

I’m telling the fucking moron who I quoted that the law he referenced is a Ponzi scheme and myself and the generation after mine are the ones holding the fucking bag

1 minute ago, Anler said:

My problem is I have to live long enough to collect it (assuming its still solvent). I have been removing asbestos for 31 years and the latency period for asbestos related lung cancer is 15-45 years. Ill be 67 in 15 years which will put me at 46 years in! 

The good news is I dont need to worry about stretching my retirement savings out if that happens!

I’m quitting at 49-50 and spending every nickel having fun. When I go broke I’ll go back to work and some faggot ass company can pay me for my least productive years 

Edited by f7ben

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I’m quitting at 49-50 and spending every nickel having fun. When I go broke I’ll go back to work and some faggot ass company can pay me for my least productive years 

I have an 18 year old I have to put thru college and then I can retire. I can collect my union pension at 55 but I cant touch my retirement savings until 59.5. Ill have enough saved (assuming world war or inflation doesnt eat it) to ride out a couple years to 60. 

1 hour ago, Anler said:

The good thing about those illegals is they wont ever collect on those SS wages. There are thousands of mexicans with the same SS#'s running around! looks at @Woodtick

Actually creapy Joe sponsored that bill giving everyone over 65 Social security benefits regardless of work status. That's why chain migration needs to be stopped and we need to get back to only those who paid in getting to draw on it.

Since you clown's who came after the boomers now run the show how about cleaning the swamp.

14 minutes ago, Doomxz600 said:

Actually creapy Joe sponsored that bill giving everyone over 65 Social security benefits regardless of work status. That's why chain migration needs to be stopped and we need to get back to only those who paid in getting to draw on it.

Since you clown's who came after the boomers now run the show how about cleaning the swamp.

So there must be plenty of money!

51 minutes ago, Anler said:

I have an 18 year old I have to put thru college and then I can retire. I can collect my union pension at 55 but I cant touch my retirement savings until 59.5. Ill have enough saved (assuming world war or inflation doesnt eat it) to ride out a couple years to 60. 

Mine just finishes 8th grade next week. I swear to god if it weren’t for her having come along I’d be ruling in some 3rd world country commanding a force of 1000 slave laborers and eating grapes, smoking cigars and ass fucking concubines !!!

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Mine just finishes 8th grade next week. I swear to god if it weren’t for her having come along I’d be ruling in some 3rd world country commanding a force of 1000 slave laborers and eating grapes, smoking cigars and ass fucking concubines !!!

Thats what I should have done too