Check your account email address ×

Any other Gen X'ers looking forward to getting screwed out of 25-27% of their Social Security?

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Yup...and ive paid in my whole life maxing out the last 10 years and I won’t see anywhere near what I’ve paid in. 

in 3 years you will pull out what you paid in in the past 10 years "maxing out" 

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

I’m telling the fucking moron who I quoted that the law he referenced is a Ponzi scheme and myself and the generation after mine are the ones holding the fucking bag

You’re going to pay for the retards that didn’t save for retirement one way or another. 

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

in 3 years you will pull out what you paid in in the past 10 years "maxing out" 

How do I pull out of SS early? I’m curious ???

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

How do I pull out of SS early? I’m curious ???

I think 62 is the earliest.... but by the time you get there the age will probably be raised to 65 ...lol

16 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

I think 62 is the earliest.... but by the time you get there the age will probably be raised to 65 ...lol

You can pull your spouse’s SS at 60 if they die. Then wait until you’re at full retirement age or older and start pulling your own at the higher rate. 

Edited by spin_dry

4 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

You can pull your spouse’s SS at 60 if they die. Then wait until you’re at full retirement age or older and start pulling your own at the higher rate. 

Yeah...... I looked that up before... I was hoping my wife made it until I was 60...... I'm 60 now, so she can go anytime she wants.......:lol:

3 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Yeah...... I looked that up before... I was hoping my wife made it until I was 60...... I'm 60 now, so she can go anytime she wants.......:lol:

Have to be married for at least 10 years  

8 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Seriously?...... only been married about 6 together 33 years.

made it legal 6 years ago because she needed my health benefits..

You just ruined my day

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

I think there is some confusion over the 10 year thing...one source I looked up said 10 years, this one below says only 9 months.

I would never wish death upon my spouse but when I have this 10 year younger chick literally putting her ass in my face and my high school sweetheart now available......I am naturally doing a lot of What if's..lately:lol:

Screenshot_2022-05-23-20-48-47.png

IMG956637.jpg

7389.jpg

Anytime you have a question of what you can or cannot do just call them, google this or ask some stranger on the internet does not always get the right answer.  I had several questions for them a few years ago and a phone call was all it took to get the paperwork sent to me answering all my questions.

13 hours ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

I took mine at 62, ya never know how long you'll live, wife did the same.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Generally speaking, if you're reasonably healthy, the maximum payouts happen if you wait until you're 70.  

Edited by DriftBusta

16 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Generally speaking, if you're reasonably healthy, the maximum payouts happen if you wait until you're 70.  

That's true but at least in my case it wouldn't be that much more/month. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

That's also my plan

16 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Yeah....pro's and cons of waiting.

It will take X amount of years to catch up on the amount you took if taken early.  I feel I am in good shape but led a pretty rough lifestyle growing up and rarely go to the Dr.'s for routine checkups, so ya never know.

I'm fortunate to not really need SS....so figure I will take as early as possible and not wait....just in case I die early or the plan itself actually does go belly up......like I've been hearing my entire lifetime.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

That's also my plan

Yeah....pro's and cons of waiting.

It will take X amount of years to catch up on the amount you took if taken early.  I feel I am in good shape but led a pretty rough lifestyle growing up and rarely go to the Dr.'s for routine checkups, so ya never know.

I'm fortunate to not really need SS....so figure I will take as early as possible and not wait....just in case I die early or the plan itself actually does go belly up......like I've been hearing my entire lifetime.

Yep. We will both get it early as possible. Her side of the family I'd not good on longevity... :(

18 hours ago, f7ben said:

Yup...and ive paid in my whole life maxing out the last 10 years and I won’t see anywhere near what I’ve paid in. 

Call back when you got 50 years in and we'll see what there is left for you.

13 hours ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

I think there is some confusion over the 10 year thing...one source I looked up said 10 years, this one below says only 9 months.

I would never wish death upon my spouse but when I have this 10 year younger chick literally putting her ass in my face and my high school sweetheart now available......I am naturally doing a lot of What if's..lately:lol:

Screenshot_2022-05-23-20-48-47.png

IMG956637.jpg

7389.jpg

In my situation I had to have been married 10 years. And not remarry before age 60. She was 5 years older than me which placed her closer to full retirement when I started to draw. I now have the option to switch over to my SS at either full retirement age (3 years) or wait until I’m 70 and take the bigger money. If I wait into full retirement it’ll be an extra $600 per month. Age 70 will be a few hundred more. There’s a lot of variables with surviving spouse scenarios. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Anler said:

My problem is I have to live long enough to collect it (assuming its still solvent). I have been removing asbestos for 31 years and the latency period for asbestos related lung cancer is 15-45 years. Ill be 67 in 15 years which will put me at 46 years in! 

The good news is I dont need to worry about stretching my retirement savings out if that happens!

That's the spirit.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Anler said:

My problem is I have to live long enough to collect it (assuming its still solvent). I have been removing asbestos for 31 years and the latency period for asbestos related lung cancer is 15-45 years. Ill be 67 in 15 years which will put me at 46 years in! 

The good news is I dont need to worry about stretching my retirement savings out if that happens!

If you’re fucked early apply for disability and start collecting. 

23 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

If you’re fucked early apply for disability and start collecting. 

If I become disabled but I am in pretty good shape so not planning on it