Check your account email address ×

Any other Gen X'ers looking forward to getting screwed out of 25-27% of their Social Security?

https://www.ssa.gov/policy/docs/ssb/v70n3/v70n3p111.html

thanks to the greatest generation and the boomers sucking the well dry... I do.  the generations behind us hold very little promise of funding our retirement plans.  

great news for those of you already drawing, you're likely getting another increase... just because you deserve it.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/11/high-inflation-points-to-bigger-social-security-cola-in-2023.html

a 14.5% increase in two years... how nice for you. :sarcasm1:

I've only been paying in for about 50 years.  Shame on me for getting a fraction of it back when I finally decide to retire.  :lol: Those fucking boomers!  Congratulations to you twats who fall for these narratives, first time in history, younger generations have shit on those who came before them.  Well done!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I've only been paying in for about 50 years.  Shame on me for getting a fraction of it back when I finally decide to retire.  :lol: Those fucking boomers!  Congratulations to you twats who fall for these narratives, first time in history, younger generations have shit on those who came before them.  Well done!

sadly, covid didn't wipe out enough of them.  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, spin_dry said:

Unwise financial decisions become the baby boomer’s fault. How fucking sad. Allow me to get a tissue for you. 

13FDF1CD-C030-4C0C-81DC-7146E98666A1.jpeg

Boomer bankrupted this country. Boomers deserve the haircut 

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Go back to work and pay into the SS system.

I've heard about the crash of SS LONG before I was old enough to collect it, never happened and won't.

Yeah.....always been gloom and doom for SS.....but I will be taking at 62 just to make sure I can get what I can ......just in case:lol:

• Like 1

Not really sure why there's so much freaking hate for boomers, but I never planned on having SS when/if I retire anyway.  

My mom is a boomer and she had it tough when my dad left her and hung her out to dry, but she worked hard and got us through.  

Society is full of fucktards, doesn't matter which generation.  

• Like 5

technically speaking the 'greatest generation' paid in the least but benefitted the most 

since most of them are already dead, you boomers are going under the bus.  :lmao:

how many of you boomers commenting are also drawing or plan to draw a pension?

Gen X and those behind us... no pensions to speak of and as we've seen in the past five months a 401k is subject to 'volatility'  :lol:

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Gen X and those behind us... no pensions to speak of and as we've seen in the past five months a 401k is subject to 'volatility'  :lol:

I have 1 more year until I’m vested in the pension here. With 5 years of service that pension pays an estimated $700 per month when I turn 65. That ought to buy me a gallon of milk , 6 coors lights , two loafs of bread and a half tank of gas. These boomer fucking scum have really done a number on us. 

9 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I have 1 more year until I’m vested in the pension here. With 5 years of service that pension pays an estimated $700 per month when I turn 65. That ought to buy me a gallon of milk , 6 coors lights , two loafs of bread and a half tank of gas. These boomer fucking scum have really done a number on us. 

that won't even cover the pills you're going to need that medicare can no longer afford to pay for :lol:

37 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Yeah. ..got it made here. Have a nice pension waiting for me that I can live on alone... as well as carry over my health care plan for a few bucks a month.

The SS will just be some extra pocket change to play with.:bc:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

that won't even cover the pills you're going to need that medicare can no longer afford to pay for :lol:

I’ve never been on a prescription before but my wife needs anti seizure and asthma meds. Those will bankrupt me for sure 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

I’ve never been on a prescription before but my wife needs anti seizure and asthma meds. Those will bankrupt me for sure 

How long has your wife been on anti seizure meds?...... has she always been an epileptic...... I never had seizures before until I had covid 5 months ago....I have been on anti seizure meds since but they/me  are slowly weaning off now. Hope to be off them soon.....Kepra and Vimpat

2 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

How long has your wife been on anti seizure meds?...... has she always been an epileptic...... I never had seizures before until I had covid 5 months ago....I have been on anti seizure meds since but they/me  are slowly weaning off now. Hope to be off them soon.....Kepra and Vimpat

Her seizures are from a brain injury. She would just blanks out for very small amounts of time like constant little micro seizures. She has to be on the meds for the rest of her life. 

• Sad 1

53 minutes ago, soeaster said:

Not really sure why there's so much freaking hate for boomers, but I never planned on having SS when/if I retire anyway.  

My mom is a boomer and she had it tough when my dad left her and hung her out to dry, but she worked hard and got us through.  

Society is full of fucktards, doesn't matter which generation.  

Stop spreading the truth!

47 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

No pension here Che Guevera.  Public sector workers and union stiffs are about the only people who get those these days.

22 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Tell the class how much your pension will be if you put in 30-40 years like a normal working person does before they retire.  I don't have a pension.

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The only thing that will bankrupt you are your shitty financial decisions and lack of planning for retirement.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Her seizures are from a brain injury. She would just blanks out for very small amounts of time like constant little micro seizures. She has to be on the meds for the rest of her life. 

Ah shit...but I guess the meds are helping. Is she allowed to drive?...They didn't want me to drive for 6 months seizure free but I still drive except for work and haven't had any seizures since the first ones.....6 months is up end of June