Check your account email address ×

VR1 Boost vs. Sidewinder

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Deephaven said:

I assume you didn't see the other thread.  Looks like the "mighty" 998 just lost it's podium for fastest sled.

No I didn’t…my bad.

1 minute ago, joe_zrt said:

Probably the stupidest race I've seen in a while. Good luck finding a stock 998 and keeping that poo motor together. 

If it beats a stock winder that means it will lay the dirtiest fucking gape ever on that piece of fucking shit skidoo 900 Gayce motor :lol: 

1 hour ago, ACE said:

Really interesting. Just not sold on the tippy Polaris chassis or their terrible track record with engines 

The axys is by far the best chassis on snow.....like by quite a bit over the g4 and by like infinity over the useless procross. The axys is as planted and composed as a procross without the retarded snap ski lift. 

2 minutes ago, joe_zrt said:

Probably the stupidest race I've seen in a while. Good luck finding a stock 998 and keeping that poo motor together. 

Way more stock 998's out there than guys with go fast parts/tunes.  Is that race/video clip stupid because, stock for stock, the Yamaha powered engine was so far behind? :lol:

4 minutes ago, joe_zrt said:

Seem to be holding up OK in the mountains. I've read more bearing issues for Polaris than boost sled issues.

4 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Way more stock 998's out there than guys with go fast parts/tunes.  Is that race/video clip stupid because, stock for stock, the Yamaha powered engine was so far behind? :lol:

There are a lot of tuned winders out there....I’d bet on close to half of all sleds sold having been tuned if the numbers were added up. Not too many people buy a 560lb sled to leave it stock. 

Just now, f7ben said:

There are a lot of tuned winders out there....I’d bet on close to half of all sleds sold having been tuned if the numbers were added up. Not too many people buy a 560lb sled to leave it stock. 

Oh, I don't doubt there's plenty of people out there throwing tunes at sleds but I would put a fair wager on the percentage being less than half ... in fact, I'd say well less than half.  You're forgetting there's plenty of people out there who just hop on a sled and gas n' go without caring how fast it can go.

If the production sleds run like that and stay together, home run.  But I won't be a first year buyer of that.   I got fucked with my 800 one year out of warranty, and won't do that again.   Besides, I bought a giant turbo charged couch for next year.

11 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The axys is by far the best chassis on snow.....like by quite a bit over the g4 and by like infinity over the useless procross. The axys is as planted and composed as a procross without the retarded snap ski lift. 

I rode my son's axys 800 a few times this winter and that was the first thing I said after I rode it for the first time.........it just feels so planted. 

15 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Besides being very tippy you could be right 

23 minutes ago, ACE said:

Can we all agree that the 900R ski doo is a sick and disgusting joke in comparison to either?

No we can't.  It ain't always about sheer top speed, sometimes its refinement and build quality mon ami.  

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

No we can't.  It ain't always about sheer top speed, sometimes its refinement and build quality mon ami.  

Have you drove a 900r?

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, ACE said:

Really interesting. Just not sold on the tippy Polaris chassis or their terrible track record with engines 

Tippy? My 22 Matrix XCR is fucking stable as fuck, especially compared to my 2010 XRS. I love the front end in this machine. And I'm not even saying it's the best out there, all I'm saying is calling it tippy is absurd.