Check your account email address ×

Now what?

This was my best season ever.  Not only the most miles, but no breakdowns or maintenance mid-season at all.  Truly, a maintenance miracle.  Not sure how much wheeling I'll do this summer, it's going to be a busy one.  

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Chris really wants his buddy Phil to come over and talk politics. 

What he preaches is further than politics... 

12 minutes ago, Tommcat said:

WTF! Can we trade him for a bag of pucks or a roll of tape?

Nope

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

You guys going to have tire supply issues this year?? Couple of my buds who work on teams were talking about a "shortage on nylon bands" used to make the dirt car tires?

We were having challenges getting some tires last year at times.  I don't think it'll change this year.  I'm more concerned as to what prices may do.  Still looking at $150 tires that were $100-110 a 2-3 years ago.  

21 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

We were having challenges getting some tires last year at times.  I don't think it'll change this year.  I'm more concerned as to what prices may do.  Still looking at $150 tires that were $100-110 a 2-3 years ago.  

Dealers are limiting tires to teams already around and the season hasn't even started.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Doug said:

Dealers are limiting tires to teams already around and the season hasn't even started.

I've heard that for Hoosier, but nothing like that for American Racer.  Guess we'll see what I can get my hands on throughout the season.  

1 hour ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Chris really wants his buddy Phil to come over and talk politics. 

Ah no, that'd be a negative Ghost Rider!!  Mr. Critical Thinker can stay within Joe Pisser's sandbox :lol2:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

I've heard that for Hoosier, but nothing like that for American Racer.  Guess we'll see what I can get my hands on throughout the season.  

Yes that's for Hoosier's.  

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

It could be worst and have to foot a late model tire bill.  $240+ a tire.  

It's been 15-18 years since I helped with a friend on his late model.  He was a good driver that didn't want to drive for anybody and he got out spent.  Everything he had went into the car.  One week after initial setup he said he didn't know if he was going to run because he didn't have fuel for the car.  This was right when the 4 bar suspension were coming in play and he decided just to get out of it.

44 minutes ago, Doug said:

It's been 15-18 years since I helped with a friend on his late model.  He was a good driver that didn't want to drive for anybody and he got out spent.  Everything he had went into the car.  One week after initial setup he said he didn't know if he was going to run because he didn't have fuel for the car.  This was right when the 4 bar suspension were coming in play and he decided just to get out of it.

There are many times I think it is time to get out of it since I think modifieds are heading the direction of the late models, but I wouldn't know what to do with myself.

Guess I'd have to restore vintage sleds or something.

8 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

There are many times I think it is time to get out of it since I think modifieds are heading the direction of the late models, but I wouldn't know what to do with myself.

Guess I'd have to restore vintage sleds or something.

Been there with the vintage sleds and still have some.  Funnies part is hunting for parts, networking with other vintage sled owners and getting the sled done.  After that for me it was then a museum piece taking up space.  If there's good snow and I also have current sleds I'm not going to ride a late 80's early 90's sled.

The modifieds put on a good show but I've heard the same thing about cost.  You guys run a create motor?  

Edited by Doug

On 4/19/2022 at 6:02 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

Season is over, Cat laid a spoiled egg, Yamaha got zero attention, Polaris magically launched new product again and BRP owns the lion's share of the market.  Cat won usxc, Doo dominated SX and the id, no one really cares about the GD Soo and oval racing is a dying sport.  Gear and product is difficult to ascertain due to idiotic jit supply side manufacturing.  And more...?

I had a reasonably good riding season, spent time riding with my brother who flew home and with friends.  Got in a good amount of time of solo riding which I truly enjoy.  Fixed very few issues, spent some time and money again on the modified sled which keeps getting closer to perfect. 

Got kicked out of a FB group, LOL, and then there's this place... enjoy you all, even the new resident moron.  

All in all, no complaints. :)

Stop! Draining the river. 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Doug said:

Been there with the vintage sleds and still have some.  Funnies part is hunting for parts, networking with other vintage sled owners and getting the sled done.  After that for me it was then a museum piece taking up space.  If there's good snow and I also have current sleds I'm not going to ride a late 80's early 90's sled.

The modifieds put on a good show but I've heard the same thing about cost.  You guys run a create motor?  

Crate, Spec, or open motor depending on the rules we are running.  IMCA I'll run a crate motor.

I find myself just amazed at technology.  I started working 2 jobs today at 6am and did them both for almost 12 hours straight.  I worked my normal office job in the tractor.  Probably start planting a bit tomorrow.

Photo from last year, but same set up.  

PXL_20210501_131931130[1].jpg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

Crate, Spec, or open motor depending on the rules we are running.  IMCA I'll run a crate motor.

Guy in our club that's run modifies a long time now runs when he wants to.  He'll run a create motor as you in the IMCA sanctioned races and a Fisher open motor at other races.  For sleds he rides a 900 Ace doo that he calls his Create sled.  Go into the corner as hard as you can and just mash the throttle coming out.

Good luck on your season :good: