Check your account email address ×

You Are The President...What Would You Do...In Ukraine.

• Platinum Contributing Member

OK...Nazis, Russians, NATO good, NATO bad, None of our business, let EU handle it...you are dropped into the Oval Office and made President....what do you do? 
I lean towards letting the EU handle it unless he invades a NATO country then we would be compelled to act. 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 1

My feelings are still to at least send them the Russian built Migs....I think Biden was solely responsible for that decision.  I just don't see that as any more escalatory than sending anti-tank and anti-aircraft munition..... screw Putin on telling us what we can and can't do

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

OK...Nazis, Russians, NATO good, NATO bad, None of our business, let EU handle it...you are dropped into the Oval Office and made President....what do you do? 

Stay out of it.  Furnish some of the good weapon tech to the friendlies like Poland, and look the other way.  Ukraine is divided among pro Russian and anti Russian, the question is what the % difference is.  The issue is what will Putin do if/when he conquers Ukraine, and will he stop there.  These are the times when it becomes apparent that foreign policy is not a black or white deal, and thats important to remain the worlds strongest superpower.  Its all the wokies who want to cut the military, without doing any actual analysis on our state of readiness, or deterrence.

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

What would YOU do?

• Like 1

Just now, DriftBusta said:

Stay out of it.  Furnish some of the good weapon tech to the friendlies like Poland, and look the other way.  Ukraine is divided among pro Russian and anti Russian, the question is what the % difference is.  The issue is what will Putin do if/when he conquers Ukraine, and will he stop there.  These are the times when it becomes apparent that foreign policy is not a black or white deal, and thats important to remain the worlds strongest superpower.  Its all the wokies who want to cut the military, without doing any actual analysis on our state of readiness, or deterrence.

What would YOU do?

It’s in my post.

What’s been done so far is good. However if Putin uses chemical weapons all bets are off and NATO takes over air space and chases them back to Russia frying them along the way.

Edited by Mainecat

17 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I lean towards letting the EU handle it unless he invades a NATO country then we would be compelled to act. 

I'm with your last paragraph, I'd show support, but it's on them

• Like 1

While Brandon was shitting his pants with the pope - Russia was amassing troops on the border, & it could have been resolved then. 

But to walk in to this shit show now would be tough. What does Putin exactly want anyway? Can't trust our media - so who knows really? 

I would have a meeting with him to start & see what he actually wants.

I'd secure our borders first thing & start kicking illegals out. 

Ban masks everywhere & rid of jabs.

Kick most of the freaks out of Washington & get competent people in there.

Cut the red tape & get semi conductor plants going stat ...& have crews working 24/7.

Fauxi on trial.

Get Oil companies drilling. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Unleash every aspect of US energy production...pipelines, drilling, fracking etc.

Allow weapons to flow to Ukraine. 

If i wete prez

Immediately push hard to  get out of Nato and all the responsibility that involves . And keep pushing until we were out 

Immediately get out of the Paris accord.

fast track all energy permits 

Cut all govenment spending backing  any energy program including the turning farm land to gas no one wants  incentives 

Move all the enlisted people we had in  bases all over the world finish out there tours on our borders and airports 

Then start pushing for  immediately cutting spending by 25% accross the board before making the real cuts needed. 

4 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

And as said above...Defend our own boarders and systematically remove the illegals.

To be honest with ya....I'd much rather have the ukrainains allowed to seek asylum here. They have been legitimately displaced and seem decent for the most part.

I just don't trust much of the other riff-raff freely crossing our border.

Put long term guarantees on drilling leases and permits to encourage more domestic production. 

Encourage massive investment in semiconductor and battery manufacturing. 

Build small scale nuke plants and get our power from fossil fuels down to near zero. Pump in seawater for cooling and desalination in the process, solving the west's water problems for good. 

Help arm our allies and don't prevent our allies from helping theirs. This Poland thing is a pure disaster. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

To be honest with ya....I'd much rather have the ukrainains allowed to seek asylum here. They have been legitimately displaced and seem decent for the most part.

I just don't trust much of the other riff-raff freely crossing our border.

not so sure about that .  

16 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

Unleash every aspect of US energy production...pipelines, drilling, fracking etc.

Allow weapons to flow to Ukraine. 

So like the last time we were fighting Russia in Afghanistan? How did that play out in the end ? 

While it seems odd to be able to send missiles not aircraft for them to use, if Poland or any other country wants to send them let them send on their own, not drag the US into that decision at all, let the EU handle it. Do whatever we can to help without getting into another war.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

So like the last time we were fighting Russia in Afghanistan? How did that play out in the end ? 

Do you think Ukraine will dissolve into a terrorist state?

I would stay out and zero money or weapons. Also would launch investigations into every fucking crisis in the last 20 years and put all guilty parties on the wall. 

6 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

Do you think Ukraine will dissolve into a terrorist state?

Did you think Afghanistan would in 1979 ? 

Not the point.  Not our border Not our war . Has zero to do with us . Every time we get involved it comes back to slap us in the ass 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Did you think Afghanistan would in 1979 ? 

Not the point.  Not our border Not our war . Has zero to do with us . Every time we get involved it comes back to slap us in the ass 

So you're cool with Russia bulking up relatively unchecked? Cause that won't end well in the long term.