Check your account email address ×

Public school teachers.

16 minutes ago, Kevin said:

If it was such a great gig we wouldn’t have the big teacher shortages, now would we?

Less people want to do it. They find better ways to make a living. For years employment for women was rather limited and teaching was a female dominant profession. Today women's choices for employment are more diverse and they look elsewhere. 

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

In the district where I lived starting was $33-38k per year. That's master's prepared. 

Most teachers should not need a Masters to teach. Imagine having a Masters and you become an art or phy ed teacher, that person is a moron. :lmao:

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Less people want to do it. They find better ways to make a living. For years employment for women was rather limited and teaching was a female dominant profession. Today women's choices for employment are more diverse and they look elsewhere. 

It’s a good thing Scott Walker put the kabosh to the gravy train, my goodness public employee unions and their collective bargaining (collective stealing) were fucking the taxpayers bad for the last 50 - 60 years.

3 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Most teachers should not need a Masters to teach. Imagine having a Masters and you become an art or phy ed teacher, that person is a moron. :lmao:

Some states require a teacher obtain a masters degree within a certain timeframe in order to keep the teachers license.  

2 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

It’s a good thing Scott Walker put the kabosh to the gravy train, my goodness public employee unions and their collective bargaining (collective stealing) were fucking the taxpayers bad for the last 50 - 60 years.

Now it just fire and police doing the fucking. You should see their reimbursement rate now. Holy fuck!!! They work tons of overtime for the last three years of their service and the retirement is astronomical. 

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

Now it just fire and police doing the fucking. You should see their reimbursement rate now. Holy fuck!!! They work tons of overtime for the last three years of their service and the retirement is astronomical. 

Firefighters for the most are over paid housewives…..cooking/ cleaning, washing fire trucks, etc.

I have more respect for police, they deal with a lot more shit. 

4 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Firefighters for the most are over paid housewives…..cooking/ cleaning, washing fire trucks, etc.

I have more respect for police, they deal with a lot more shit. 

most of my service came before ACT10 so it didn't effect me much. I was amazed at how ACT 10 and collective bargaining had increased protective service's pensions. They're at a rate that's 40% higher than non-protective. They're also done and out at age 53. Walker gave em a sweetheart deal. Prison guards too. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

Oh it does 100%, being a single parent is not easy by any means, I am one, but I'm fully involved in my kids lives..Thing I'm most proud of in my life is being a father

Good on ya’…..reading your posts over the years it’s clear that you are all in with your kids…very cool.👍🏼☺️

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Highmark said:

I'm friends with many of them and the thing they always say is we need parents more involved in kids schoolwork.   Many times public school kids fall behind because some parents are as attentive to helping or making sure homework is done.  Unfortunately this sometimes becomes an even bigger issue as income levels decrease.

My oh my how things have changed since COVID.  The same parents who are always involved in their kids schoolwork they want to shut up.  FUBAR.  

It's hard to be involved when u don't agree. My buddies kindergarten granddaughter brought home a book of heros in black history. Michael Jackson....are you kidding me? Michael Jordan? What did he do play basketball and in his book writes he's racist and hates whites.  Won't even get into the Michael Jackson B.S.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, spin_dry said:

If teaching is so great, how come no one here does it? 

Anyone getting into teaching children for the money is probably a shitty teacher. Funny, how teaching has  become the benchmark for an awful job. Millions of Americans dragging themselves out of bed this morning to work a physical, filthy, body busting, non rewarding, jobs.  MLB players on strike for more money?  Poor guys, as average Americans struggling to put gas in their cars and buy groceries. 🙄

11 hours ago, spin_dry said:

In the district where I lived starting was $33-38k per year. That's master's prepared. 

Oh well.  Don't do it then.  My ex was a teacher and pulled down about 80 a year, 15 years ago.  With all that time off and bennies.  The best part was all the group think, as a profession their unions suck.  On the other hand, so many of the parents and this participation trophy generation isn't helping anything, and I can't even imagine teaching in an urban environment.

10 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

You got squirtboarded :lol2:

Came to death  :lol: 

9 hours ago, snoughnut said:

That was awesome to watch, all the dirty tricks his adversaries pulled, and how much they cried like bitches because Walker brought them back to earth.  Too bad he didn't reign in the police and fire as well.  We need a guy like Walker in CT.

9 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Because other peoples kids suck.

In many cases, absolutely.  Granted my kids are grown now, but is it true that kids are allowed to keep their cellphones in class?  About the most fucked up thing I've ever heard.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Shocker….Shelly The Sot and Chumly Turd Chaser crying about teachers yet again….next up Mortgage Brokers, Unions, and people that enjoy boating.🤣

Go lay down Jaba the Hutt.........oh wait. :lmao:

Lazy Painting GIF - Lazy Painting - Discover & Share GIFs

• Haha 2

Parental participation, or lack there of is the issue.

In my girlfriends daughters school, three of the six teachers of her classes were so excited to talk to her, because in a 3 hour parent conferences session, she was the only one who showed up.  Not one other parent bothered to stop and talk to the teachers about how their student was doing.

School is what you make of it - not what someone else does for you.  Always has been.  

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

Fact is strong parental guidance or lack there of is the root of most issues in this country. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

Parental participation, or lack there of is the issue.

In my girlfriends daughters school, three of the six teachers of her classes were so excited to talk to her, because in a 3 hour parent conferences session, she was the only one who showed up.  Not one other parent bothered to stop and talk to the teachers about how their student was doing.

School is what you make of it - not what someone else does for you.  Always has been.  

I remember my parents going to PTA meeting and every other classmates parents were there. Of course there was only on student who had divorced parents. today?

19 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

I remember my parents going to PTA meeting and every other classmates parents were there. Of course there was only on student who had divorced parents. today?

So if 50% of parents are divorced - what are the other 50% of parents doing?  NOTHING.  The same thing.  They aren't going.

5 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Shocker….Shelly The Sot and Chumly Turd Chaser crying about teachers yet again….next up Mortgage Brokers, Unions, and people that enjoy boating.🤣

Shocker, Jimmah the dumfuck is triggered because the teachers union is being expos3d os a corrupt , leftists platform for people that whine about great pay and benefits for doing a part time job 

14 hours ago, Sleepr2 said:

If more money equals better results why are students failing in the highest paid city’s?

lack of parent involvement.  Private schools do not give a better education with their poorly paid teachers but they have parents who care enough to make sure they are getting something for their $ so they look better but are not the solution the right thinks they are. Parents as a whole giving a fuck is something that does not happen in either poor urban areas where teachers are making the most money or poor rural white america where they are making the least.  

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, spin_dry said:

yup police are IMO the biggest abusers of the public pension system nationwide.  Firefighters get close in urban areas but don't seem to in subsurban areas like the cops as they can't pad with OT and details like the police.  

5 hours ago, SHADOSPRIT said:

It's hard to be involved when u don't agree. My buddies kindergarten granddaughter brought home a book of heros in black history. Michael Jackson....are you kidding me? Michael Jordan? What did he do play basketball and in his book writes he's racist and hates whites.  Won't even get into the Michael Jackson B.S.

Let’s get back to serial killer basics with Christopher Columbus. :lol: 

4 hours ago, Cold War said:

Anyone getting into teaching children for the money is probably a shitty teacher. Funny, how teaching has  become the benchmark for an awful job. Millions of Americans dragging themselves out of bed this morning to work a physical, filthy, body busting, non rewarding, jobs.  MLB players on strike for more money?  Poor guys, as average Americans struggling to put gas in their cars and buy groceries. 🙄

If anyone who is dragging themselves out of bed for a job they hate only have themselves to blame.