Check your account email address ×

Public school teachers.

34 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

lack of parent involvement.  Private schools do not give a better education with their poorly paid teachers but they have parents who care enough to make sure they are getting something for their $ so they look better but are not the solution the right thinks they are. Parents as a whole giving a fuck is something that does not happen in either poor urban areas where teachers are making the most money or poor rural white america where they are making the least.  

So we should still throw more money at the teachers unions,  

Despite this new public school spending milestone, falling enrollment and dissatisfied parents indicate education dollars aren't doing enough to help kids. All told, New York spends $30,772 per student each year.

21 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

If anyone who is dragging themselves out of bed for a job they hate only have themselves to blame. 

Yeah, you’re right. 

it’s called personal responsibility. We did what we had to give our kids a good life. Its kind of a gOP thing. :thumbsup:

5 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Yeah, you’re right. 

it’s called personal responsibility. We did what we had to give our kids a good life. Its kind of a gOP thing. :thumbsup:

I taught my daughter to seek out a job that brings fulfillment. Find her own path. It worked!!! 

58 minutes ago, Sleepr2 said:

So we should still throw more money at the teachers unions,  

Despite this new public school spending milestone, falling enrollment and dissatisfied parents indicate education dollars aren't doing enough to help kids. All told, New York spends $30,772 per student each year.

there are plkaces where IMO they are underpaid and places where overpaid.  I think they should be paid for performance as well as the market they each in.  Clearly a NYC teacher will be paid more than a rural one and we can expect urban schools in poor black districts for the performance to not be as good as rich suburban white districts

27 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I taught my daughter to seek out a job that brings fulfillment. Find her own path. It worked!!! 

Being happy and financially comfortable is better than being well off and miserable. I still find satisfaction in what I do, but it has been brutal on my health. I never wanted my kids to have to struggle like we had to.  We gave them opportunities we never had. Fortunately, my daughter is in a position where she doesn’t have to work and can raise her children.  My son does what he wants and has little interest in pursuing a career. Still young, so that could change with new career minded gf.  Whatever makes him happy. 

32 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Being happy and financially comfortable is better than being well off and miserable. I still find satisfaction in what I do, but it has been brutal on my health. I never wanted my kids to have to struggle like we had to.  We gave them opportunities we never had. Fortunately, my daughter is in a position where she doesn’t have to work and can raise her children.  My son does what he wants and has little interest in pursuing a career. Still young, so that could change with new career minded gf.  Whatever makes him happy. 

Sounds like you did well. My kid had no idea what she wanted until age 26. Ironically, that was the same age that I found a path. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

there are plkaces where IMO they are underpaid and places where overpaid.  I think they should be paid for performance as well as the market they each in.  Clearly a NYC teacher will be paid more than a rural one and we can expect urban schools in poor black districts for the performance to not be as good as rich suburban white districts

While I agree with much of your assessment I don’t think teachers that spend more time pontificating and pushing “ woke “ ideology are worth more pay for a part time job.

• Platinum Contributing Member
31 minutes ago, Sleepr2 said:

While I agree with much of your assessment I don’t think teachers that spend more time pontificating and pushing “ woke “ ideology are worth more pay for a part time job.

Where do you get this "part time job" from? 

5 minutes ago, Sleepr2 said:

Three months  off in summer plus holidays etc…

Lol, I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess you don't have kids or haven't had kids in school in a very long time because the above statement is completely wrong

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

That wouldn't open but I'm moving, I'll try in a minute when I get home from my kids school. 

Mind answering my question?

I have two sisters a niece and an ex girlfriend that are teachers, non of them do a thing all summer and relish in their time off, the thing they do the most is whine about pay followed by leftists pontificating. 

18 minutes ago, Sleepr2 said:

I have two sisters a niece and an ex girlfriend that are teachers, non of them do a thing all summer and relish in their time off, the thing they do the most is whine about pay followed by leftists pontificating. 

That right there explains a lot. :lol2:

10 minutes ago, Sleepr2 said:

Well your 3 months is way off, here are photos of my kids school calendar, as you can see plain as day circled with a sharpie they get 2 months off, which really isn't 2 month, they show up to school a week before school starts to get class room set up and stay a week after to get class room closed down, both teachers one I date currently and 1 I had dated had multiple week long trainings over summer break that were mandatory. My gf works at least 11 hour days with only a 30min lunch break, which isn't a break because she has lunch duty. So 11 hours straight and only gets paid for 8..Now let's get with after school activities, sports, clubs, trips, parent teacher conferences..Teachers don't get paid extra for that either..so legit she pulls some 16+ hour days and gets paid for 8..

You still didn't answer my question which I get the jist of what the answer to it is.. Basically your super pissed you have to pay school taxes and don't have kids..You could just say that instead of shredding teachers..It's an honest gripe in my opinion..But that isn't a teacher's fault..

IMG_20220310_174741400.jpg

IMG_20220310_174713257.jpg

19 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Well your 3 months is way off, here are photos of my kids school calendar, as you can see plain as day circled with a sharpie they get 2 months off, which really isn't 2 month, they show up to school a week before school starts to get class room set up and stay a week after to get class room closed down, both teachers one I date currently and 1 I had dated had multiple week long trainings over summer break that were mandatory. My gf works at least 11 hour days with only a 30min lunch break, which isn't a break because she has lunch duty. So 11 hours straight and only gets paid for 8..Now let's get with after school activities, sports, clubs, trips, parent teacher conferences..Teachers don't get paid extra for that either..so legit she pulls some 16+ hour days and gets paid for 8..

You still didn't answer my question which I get the jist of what the answer to it is.. Basically your super pissed you have to pay school taxes and don't have kids..You could just say that instead of shredding teachers..It's an honest gripe in my opinion..But that isn't a teacher's fault..

IMG_20220310_174741400.jpg

IMG_20220310_174713257.jpg

Not according to the teachers own website 

Just now, Sleepr2 said:

Not according to the teachers own website 

So my kids school calendar is false that clearly shows a 2 month summer break for students?? :lol:

Just got my kids Bi-monthly news letter in the mail, damn, looks like these teachers have a lot going on at night that they have to attend that they don't get paid for, just about every evening

IMG_20220310_183103475.jpg

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

Just got my kids Bi-monthly news letter in the mail, damn, looks like these teachers have a lot going on at night that they have to attend that they don't get paid for, just about every evening

IMG_20220310_183103475.jpg

The exception to the rule. 

Ostensibly, the typical teacher in the United States works 180 or so days annually, which comes with an average starting salary of a little over $36,000. But that excludes the work that he or she probably does throughout the summer, after school hours, and on the weekends.Jul 2, 2015

Edited by Sleepr2