Check your account email address ×

As you get bent over at the pump, remember who to thank.

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

You do realize that the government should all along be encouraging domestic production and benefitting from  the tax revenues it provides....yet when Biden came in he did the opposite...?

We are producing as much or more today as we were under Trump but I digress...some here think the government owns the oil and reaps all the profit.

BTW lets not forget this little gem...so much for all that tax revenue.

TRUMP'S TAX PLAN PROVIDED MASSIVE TAX BREAKS TO THE OIL INDUSTRY

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act passed by President Donald Trump and congressional Republicans in 2017 has disproportionately benefited corporate America—especially the oil industry.*

According to a study published this month by the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy (a non-profit, non-partisan think tank), many large oil companies paid no taxes last year. The plan lowered corporate taxes from 35 percent to 21 percent, altered international tax rules, and created a deduction for non-corporate business income in addition to other reforms.

Many of these companies garnered such benefits using a policy of accelerated depreciation, which allows companies to write off capital investment costs significantly faster than the expiration of these investments, allowing them to drastically reduce their tax rates. According to the report, Chevron reported $290 million of depreciation-related tax breaks in 2018, and Halliburton reduced its taxes by $320 million.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

2 hours ago, spin_dry said:

BDC455DB-7470-49D0-83E7-0A72B82AE6B5.jpeg

Had my hopes of pre-ordering a Lada.... but guess that's not happening.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/iconic-russian-car-maker-reportedly-184858699.html

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

We are producing as much or more today as we were under Trump but I digress...some here think the government owns the oil and reaps all the profit.

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act passed by President Donald Trump and congressional Republicans in 2017 has disproportionately benefited corporate America—especially the oil industry.*

According to a study published this month by the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy (a non-profit, non-partisan think tank), many large oil companies paid no taxes last year. The plan lowered corporate taxes from 35 percent to 21 percent, altered international tax rules, and created a deduction for non-corporate business income in addition to other reforms.

Many of these companies garnered such benefits using a policy of accelerated depreciation, which allows companies to write off capital investment costs significantly faster than the expiration of these investments, allowing them to drastically reduce their tax rates. According to the report, Chevron reported $290 million of depreciation-related tax breaks in 2018, and Halliburton reduced its taxes by $320 million.

Not according to IEA.

We could use some tax breaks for the oil industry now.... maybe that would make it worthwhile for them to pump some oil under the ruthless Biden agenda

9 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Had my hopes of pre-ordering a Lada.... but guess that's not happening.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/iconic-russian-car-maker-reportedly-184858699.html

Not according to IEA.

We could use some tax breaks for the oil industry now.... maybe that would make it worthwhile for them to pump some oil under the ruthless Biden agenda

Oil companies are going to make record profits this year and you want to give them tax breaks? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Anler said:

Oil companies are going to make record profits this year and you want to give them tax breaks? 

Yup....this is a good read but u have to be a member. The new costs and regulations are just astronomical. Not so sure there will be record profits but with oil this high there may be.

https://www-wsj-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/biden-and-the-oil-industry-are-at-odds-clouding-effort-to-tame-gasoline-prices-11646838614?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQKKAFQArABIIACAw%3D%3D#aoh=16468566749797&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.wsj.com%2Farticles%2Fbiden-and-the-oil-industry-are-at-odds-clouding-effort-to-tame-gasoline-prices-11646838614

20 minutes ago, Anler said:

The oil companies will complain about how tough they have it. We’ve been down this road before with them. “But this time it’s different” it’s all bullshit. 

8 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

I have some bad news for you. Most regulations are lobbied for my the industries themselves. 1. keeps prices higher and 2. Prevents competition from start up companies without deep pockets. 

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

That’s why 85% of campaign money went to trump. He allowed the oil companies to own us. 

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

That’s why 85% of campaign money went to trump. He allowed the oil companies to own us. 

Yep…strange that some of the self proclaimed economics experts around here seem to think we were raking in tax revenue and paying down the debt with oil taxes 2016-2020.🧐

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Yep…strange that some of the self proclaimed economics experts around here seem to think we were raking in tax revenue and paying down the debt with oil taxes 2016-2020.🧐

The oil companies own the republicans. It’s obvious. 

3 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Dismal reliability. Bad as it gets.  No thank you. 

Should be perfect for you then, based on past purchases

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

:lol:

4 hours ago, Anler said:

I have some bad news for you. Most regulations are lobbied for my the industries themselves. 1. keeps prices higher and 2. Prevents competition from start up companies without deep pockets. 

That must be why we only recommend a 3% weighting in energy stocks....not that its congruent with what you just stated or anything.

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

That must be why we only recommend a 3% weighting in energy stocks....not that its congruent with what you just stated or anything.

Energy has been volatile and my comment wasn't soley directed at that sector. Alot of manufacturing does that. It makes it hard for start ups. I have a couple friends who did start ups in the food industry. All of them got bought out by food conglomerates and they just trashed the brand after the purchase. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BOHICA said:

My charge was free tonight while getting shit faced at the bar. Free charging at the hotel.  Added 40 kWh to the model 3 for $0

C00E0C1A-E83B-481A-AEAE-5261C3643D46.png

I also hear that cost for generating electricity with wind and solar has remained the same.  

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, revkevsdi said:

I also hear that cost for generating electricity with wind and solar has remained the same.  

My solar hasn’t changed in cost….  Wife said we had some passing snow showers today.  I could definetly see it…. 😂 

F43DA7F5-1CB8-4FA0-A84C-FEE925FB231B.jpeg

Edited by BOHICA

• Gold Member
19 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Impressive. 

Haven’t even been up and running for a year.  28 of April I will be 1 year of production.  End of Feb I really started sending it again.  Dec and January are rough.  April I should be approach 80 kwh a day with latter part of April creeping above 90kwh a day.  Once the pickup comes in I will never need to go to a gas station again for personal needs.  I went hard over the last year on getting off paying energy companies electric company and petroleum companies….  Solar, 1 Tesla within a year and should have the Rivian this year.

I will still have natural gas for heat and hot water…. But start my journey of going all ocd on research….  Heat pump hot water heater and thinking about doing a heat pump and just keep gas furnace for back up and for the coldest days that a heat pump wouldn’t work.

41E3CC4B-83AA-4544-9A47-12C476EB9B85.jpeg

Edited by BOHICA

8 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Haven’t even been up and running for a year.  28 of April I will be 1 year of production.  End of Feb I really started sending it again.  Dec and January are rough.  April I should be approach 80 kwh a day with latter part of April creeping above 90kwh a day.  Once the pickup comes in I will never need to go to a gas station again for personal needs.  I went hard over the last year on getting off paying energy companies electric company and petroleum companies….  Solar, 1 Tesla within a year and should have the Rivian this year.

eill still have natural gas for heat and and hot water…. But start my journey of going ocd on research….  Heat pump hot water heater and thinking about doing a heat pump and just keep gas furnace for back up and for the coldest days that a heat pump wouldn’t work.

41E3CC4B-83AA-4544-9A47-12C476EB9B85.jpeg

Good lord……..you’re a nerd.

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, snoughnut said:

Good lord……..you’re a nerd.

12 years to retirement.  My entire retirement years I will have $0 electric cost and $0 in vehicle gas cost.  My goal is 10 years before I retire is to have $0 heating, cooling, and gasoline expenses or near zero.  So may add some another 5-10 kw this year and and switch to electric for home heat and water heat.

we all know the cost of gas and electric ultimately go down by year….  😂 

10 years from now gas could be $15 a gallon and electric prices double.

13 hours ago, Anler said:

Energy has been volatile and my comment wasn't soley directed at that sector. Alot of manufacturing does that. It makes it hard for start ups. I have a couple friends who did start ups in the food industry. All of them got bought out by food conglomerates and they just trashed the brand after the purchase. 

Remember, THEY DIDN'T have to SELL.  But probably did because they made a huge profit.  Astonishing, but isn't that one of the reasons you go into business, in the hopes to make a huge windfall when you sell out.

36 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

FFS…and you say I’m dumber than a stump.…there are existing wells not currently pumping because Oil Companies don’t give a fuck about how much you are paying for gas…if you had read “the liberal trash” articles I posted you might have a fucking clue….then again probably not.🤣

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

19 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Remember, THEY DIDN'T have to SELL.  But probably did because they made a huge profit.  Astonishing, but isn't that one of the reasons you go into business, in the hopes to make a huge windfall when you sell out.

Stunning analysis

• Haha 1