Check your account email address ×

Poland Agrees To Hand Over MiG-29 Fighter Jets To Aid Ukraine

• Platinum Contributing Member
16 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

I think 28 planes plus the remainder of Ukraine's air force coupled with the surveillance assets the US has on theater could end the war in Ukraine's favor. So it comes back to what do we think Putin will do if cornered.

Imo....there isn't much difference in sending in planes than there is providing them with Javelins and stinger missiles to destroy tanks and planes.....but it won't happen under this wishi-washi and weak administration...they think it is too provoking and have coward to Putin in every situation.

3 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Imo....there isn't much difference in sending in planes than there is providing them with Javelins and stinger missiles to destroy tanks and planes.....but it won't happen under this wishi-washi and weak administration...they think it is too provoking and have coward to Putin in every situation.

It would definitely lead to escalation according to many…Jets are much more provocative then shoulder fired weapons IMO.

I thought we were tired of being the worlds policeman? 🤷🏻

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

It would definitely lead to escalation according to many…Jets are much more provocative then shoulder fired weapons IMO.

I understand the resistance to providing a no-fly zone but I still think we should send in the planes

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

I understand the resistance to providing a no-fly zone but I still think we should send in the planes

Right…a no fly zone would absolutely result in a US/Russian confrontation.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I thought we were tired of being the worlds policeman? 🤷🏻

Nah I'm sorry, once they started purposely bombing hospitals and killing children etc.....we need to give them all the help within reason and providing them with planes is within reason. Its time to stop bowing down to the war criminal Putin. He is laughing his ass off at us

Just now, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Nah I'm sorry, once they started purposely bombing hospitals and killing children etc.....we need to give them all the help within reason and providing them with planes is within reason. Its time to stop bowing down to the war criminal Putin. He is laughing his ass off at us

Why do we have to do it? Let the EU handle it.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

The Javelins are only going to make the war longer and more costly for the Russians where the planes could make their goals unobtainable.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Russia has been doing that and worse for years in Syria, SA had starved to death 10's of thousands in Yemin.  Let the EU handle it.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Russia has been doing that and worse for years in Syria, SA had starved to death 10's of thousands in Yemin.  Let the EU handle it.

Yup

8 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Right…a no fly zone would absolutely result in a US/Russian confrontation.

8 hours ago, spin_dry said:

For the most part they are…..but of course America is supposed to lead. :) 

You guys should let Joe Lieberman know.  He was in the WSJ today calling for a no fly zone.  Mr. moderate Democrat.  But the neocons.  :lol: 

20 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

You guys should let Joe Lieberman know.  He was in the WSJ today calling for a no fly zone.  Mr. moderate Democrat.  But the neocons.  :lol: 

Let the EU do it we don't need to take the lead on any of this.

• Thanks 1

Why does the US even needs to be involved in this :dunno: Poland should just send them the Migs. Especially if they are worried about Putin continuing to keep rolling west. By the time these idiot politicians are done talking, or listening to Kamala laugh like stooge, it'll be too late.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skidooski said:

Why does the US even needs to be involved in this :dunno: Poland should just send them the Migs. Especially if they are worried about Putin continuing to keep rolling west. By the time these idiot politicians are done talking, or listening to Kamala laugh like stooge, it'll be too late.

Poland doesn't want to piss off the Ruskies, they want us to piss them off.. 

7 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Poland doesn't want to piss off the Ruskies, they want us to piss them off.. 

Yeah but either way the jets would be coming from Poland in this case. If there's concerns about Russia coming into Poland, stopping them in Ukraine isn't such a bad idea. Keep it all contained there. A lot of countries have been sending all kinds of military hardware to Ukraine but somehow jets are crossing a line  :dunno: 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skidooski said:

Yeah but either way the jets would be coming from Poland in this case. If there's concerns about Russia coming into Poland, stopping them in Ukraine isn't such a bad idea. Keep it all contained there. A lot of countries have been sending all kinds of military hardware to Ukraine but somehow jets are crossing a line  :dunno: 

I know, it's silly fodder for politicians..Like trying to get someone to lick the frozen street sign pole..No you, no you, no you

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, 1jkw said:

Yeah.....I guess. It's hard not to let emotions play a role in this, especially with all the cellphone footage that we are seeing that we've never really seen in other wars.   

I think what bothers me the most is the indecisiveness of it all.... just last Sunday on all the morning news shows Blinken was saying it was a green light.

18 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Yeah.....I guess. It's hard not to let emotions play a role in this, especially with all the cellphone footage that we are seeing that we've never really seen in other wars.   

I think what bothers me the most is the indecisiveness of it all.... just last Sunday on all the morning news shows Blinken was saying it was a green light.

I agree. For me it is much harder when the citizens are fighting back with everything they have, unlike Iraq and Afg. where not only won't they fight for themselves they will turn on our troops.  

I'd rather our country be willing to change strategies depending on conditions rather than do something to make matters worse.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Skidooski said:

Poles are not stupid,  they are not looking to be attacked next.  by funnneling them through the US it commits the US to the conflict.  

• Like 1