Check your account email address ×

Poland Agrees To Hand Over MiG-29 Fighter Jets To Aid Ukraine

Poland Agrees To Hand Over MiG-29 Fighter Jets To Aid Ukraine

Last edited Tue Mar 8, 2022, 03:12 PM -
Source: Forbes

Poland is ready to transfer dozens of Soviet-era fighter jets to the United States so they can be made available to the Ukrainian military, it announced Tuesday, after officials in Ukraine pleaded with Western governments to provide warplanes to aid its fight against a Russian invasion. 

The Polish military is set to send all of its remaining MiG-29 jets--the same type of fighter jet flown by Ukraine's air force--to the U.S.-run Ramstein Air Base in Germany "immediately and free of charge," the Ministry of Foreign Affairs said in a statement. 

Poland asked the United States to "provide us with used aircraft with corresponding operational capabilities," after reports the United States has weighed replenishing Poland's fleet with American-made F-16 fighter jets. 

The Pentagon and State Department did not respond to requests for comment, but Secretary of State Antony Blinken confirmed to CNN on Sunday the United States supports sending Polish fighter jets to Ukraine and is "working with Poland as we speak to see if we can backfill anything that they provide to the Ukrainians."

Read more: https://www.forbes.com/sites/joewalsh/2022/03/08/poland-agrees-to-hand-over-mig-29-fighter-jets-to-aid-ukraine/?sh=5d85ee334d59

Ukraine should take them to Moscow and blow it up since Vlad has 100% of his military hardware in Ukraine. At least thats what the news people said... 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Big Crappie said:

So Poland, a nato country is sending them to Germany, a nato country so the USA, a nato country can get them ready to transfer to Ukraine.

What could go wrong? :bashhead:

Go east 2 countries . Or west 2 countries.  Then back east 2 countries. 

I guess Biden is running the show 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

They should just do it and shut the fuck up About it 

we should have not put ourselves in the middle but the Poles wanted to make sure we went down with them if Putin turned there next.  

I got a bad feeling we're already at war with Russia and just don't know it yet. Fuck!

My timing for retiring and moving to the cabin couldn't have been better. 23 days, 0 hours, 43 minutes and 33 seconds. LOL

• Like 1

Just now, Big Crappie said:

I got a bad feeling we're already at war with Russia and just don't know it yet. Fuck!

My timing for retiring and moving to the cabin couldn't have been better. 23 days, 0 hours, 43 minutes and 33 seconds. LOL

Of course we are. Ukraine is going to get wrecked. All we need now is a false flag or a line in the sand and then get your flags out

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

Depends on the wind if you'll get the radioactive fallout there.

Just now, ford_428cj said:

Depends on the wind if you'll get the radioactive fallout there.

I am smack dab in the middle of the country. East coast and west coast better start saying their prayers!

10 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

Good for you. I just sold my last car for a sizable chunk of cash. I had it in storage for 6 months. I was given an offer that I couldn’t refuse. I think it was perfect timing because I don’t see how the auto market can stay the way it has been with fuel prices skyrocketing. 

10 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

We are already supplying them with everything else so why draw the line at fighter jets

Mostly shoulder fired stuff and ammo. That’s a far cry from F16’s. I feel sorry for countries that bought up those migs. Between the supply chain issues and Russian economy in the shitter, they’re fucked for spare parts. 

11 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

:lol:

Never knew before - but since the retire talk ...are you xcrrr or snoughnut?

11 minutes ago, Anler said:

I am smack dab in the middle of the country. East coast and west coast better start saying their prayers!

He will probably not hit chicago - since its already a shithole anyways 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Good for you. I just sold my last car for a sizable chunk of cash. I had it in storage for 6 months. I was given an offer that I couldn’t refuse. I think it was perfect timing because I don’t see how the auto market can stay the way it has been with fuel prices skyrocketing. 

We are thinking about selling one of ours and using the proceeds to buy a small rv for heading south for a few weeks in the winter and fishing trips in the summer.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Mostly shoulder fired stuff and ammo. That’s a far cry from F16’s. I feel sorry for countries that bought up those migs. Between the supply chain issues and Russian economy in the shitter, they’re fucked for spare parts. 

Not F16's but older Soviet era Migs because they don't know how to fly our jets. Ukraine gets more planes and Poland gets upgraded to F16's possibly