Check your account email address ×

Fuckin Polaris did it

Rod

4 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

If you open that 600 ctec up it will drink oil and gas worse than any of the competition.  If you keep it under the Minnesota posted speed limit of 50 mph you might get 1,100 miles to a gallon of oil.  I probably get half that mileage out of a gallon of oil. 

The good thing about that motor is it can take slow cruising one day and a "brisker" the next day and not skip a beat.  Harder you push it, the better it runs.

The belts have been my problem this year.  Got three weekends on my last belt and it's pretty much smoked.

3500 plus miles on my 2018 and it looks brand new. 40-70 cruising is where we run mostly. My 2015 got over 1400 miles to a gallon and my 20 was around 1300 miles. Speed can effect oil use but RPM, temps conditions effect it more. I try to run just below the Power valves kicking in when on trail rides. I don't think I could use as much oil as the Polaris uses if I dumped half of it on the ground. Talking the Electric oil pump version as well.

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

3500 plus miles on my 2018 and it looks brand new. 40-70 cruising is where we run mostly. My 2015 got over 1400 miles to a gallon and my 20 was around 1300 miles. Speed can effect oil use but RPM, temps conditions effect it more. I try to run just below the Power valves kicking in when on trail rides. I don't think I could use as much oil as the Polaris uses if I dumped half of it on the ground. Talking the Electric oil pump version as well.

Dude are you seriously that concerned with your oil/fuel consumption?  :lol:  

Even on "trail rides" I'm in and out of the throttle like a drunk teenager.  I don't track fuel/oil per fill up or trip much less for a whole year.   Never heard of someone tracking their oil consumption like that. 

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Dude are you seriously that concerned with your oil/fuel consumption?  :lol:  

Even on "trail rides" I'm in and out of the throttle like a drunk teenager.  I don't track fuel/oil per fill up or trip much less for a whole year.   Never heard of someone tracking their oil consumption like that. 

So you are  of those idiots who destroys the trails? On the gas at every corner apex. I hate guys like you. Rutting them up and costing the clubs more money to try to keep the trails decent for normal riders. I have 48 oz bags of oil. I keep track of every third bag. That is how I know how much oil I used. I check my mileage at the end of the day when I fill it up. Not hard  to keep track of. 

Just now, ACE said:

Fuel and oil economy is nice for the range. But I’m out to have fun so I’m squeezing that throttle 

Im old enough now to just ride to enjoy the scenery and get away from the rat race called life.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

:lol:Stop back when you can put on more that 900 miles a year on a sled.  Did that in 2 weeks

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

Not where I live and breath. Just the same old lose compression Liberty 800 they have always made. But keep defending them for making trash motors. Not my brand so no skin off my nose and money out of my pocket. 

Only person I know who blew up a motor in the last 2 years on this forum issssssssss???

I'll give you a hint the sled is your screen name and his screen name is the last letter of the alphabet...:lol:

My buddy just picked up his 2022 800rr snow check 3 weeks ago..got 10 miles on it and shocker it doesn't run and he won't tell us why,..but the motor is out of it at the dealer.. SMH..

1 minute ago, A05GSHO said:

22k?  Fuck that

2023.jpg

Are you serious? What the hell did you guys expect? Almost EVERY bill I have had increased 20-25%. What makes you guys think that the prices of this shit wasn’t going to go up? I’m actually a little impressed that they are not MORE. 

3 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Are you serious? What the hell did you guys expect? Almost EVERY bill I have had increased 20-25%. What makes you guys think that the prices of this shit wasn’t going to go up? I’m actually a little impressed that they are not MORE. 

I expected boarder line 20k.

3 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

really little need for a sled like that but for those with money to blow guess it's good for them.   Boost in a mountin sled makes sense to overcome weaknesses in the power plant caused by elevation.  the need for 200hp in a trail sled would be better served by a turbo 4 stroke.  

Yep, most trails can’t handle that kind of power…….riders will be killing themselves real good on those power monsters.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I might buy a 16 ZR 8 Limited as a 💎 Pounder…plenty of snort for the trails around here.👍🏼❄️🇺🇸

The only thing you’re good at pounding is your pud. You didn’t pound shit for diamonds this winter, all talk and no walk. :lmao:

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Video showed a new 4-stroke for Polaris!!!  Holy shit - they finally came around???  And another 900?
image.thumb.png.2c0e086151188b67659d35b24e81e7fc.png

image.thumb.png.a62776c2e13e972ef305f722d777d751.png

The 4 stroke is the utv 1000 engine with tweaks for a snowmobile. It will be way under powered. They said it will be around 90hp. It will go head to head with the doo 900 ace turd. 

2 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Me too ... was hoping to see it offered in the flatland sleds, but looks to be mountain segment only.

Sounds like it was designed for a race class and will probably be hard to get for most people. Kinda like what cat has been doing with the rxc 

24 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

I’ll take the 900 over the turbo, personally. 

8 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Me too ... was hoping to see it offered in the flatland sleds, but looks to be mountain segment only.

You guys need a Ski-Doo Renegade 900t XRS

50 minutes ago, A05GSHO said:

I expected boarder line 20k.

You’re dreaming. 

50 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Yep, most trails can’t handle that kind of power…….riders will be killing themselves real good on those power monsters.

This gets said literally every time a new big boy trail sled comes out. Idiots are idiots, period. 

27 minutes ago, A05GSHO said:

You guys need a Ski-Doo Renegade 900t XRS

The FUCK I do. You can hold right on to that pig.