Check your account email address ×

12000 new covid cases in Wisconsin

14 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Most since the pandemic began.  If just more people got vaccinated?  Yeah, that should fix it.

From my youngest Daughter yesterday:

Quote: 

I have covid now. 2nd time and have had my vaccine and boosters.
First time was just tired and lost of smell.
now it's a nasty cough, stuffy nose, face pain and lost voice for a few days. been almost a week now and when I start to feel better the cough comes back. I get winded easily from just reading out loud. So haven't been to work for a week and won't be going this week either. 
The girls got tested and they are all negative, so it's weird.

15 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Most since the pandemic began.  If just more people got vaccinated?  Yeah, that should fix it.

Ponderous!  It’s the unvaxxed!  Time to start being mean to them!

Yes please!

4 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Is this surge 13 from Anothercron?

:lmao:

Muh…brEAKthRu vAriEants

Well, the powers that be are pushing the privileges of being vaccinated.  For instance, I was in close contact with a positive covid person on Saturday.  That person tested positive on Monday.  I took a home test and was negative, but I was told by a nurse that if I am vaccinated, I don't have to quarantine, before, you had to quarantine for 14 days.

Yep, if you are vaccinated and had close contact you DON'T have to quarantine.  Ah yes, the benefits given to only those that are vaccinated.  Otherwise, quarantine time is now 5 days without symptoms.

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Are we still calling these "rare breakthrough infections".  I don't know of anyone with covid who is not fully vaxxed. 

:lol: 

Ah the winter of death for the unvaxxed 

16 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Are we still calling these "rare breakthrough infections".  I don't know of anyone with covid who is not fully vaxxed. 

If what XCR1250’s daughter says is true, positive with those symptoms, I’ve been dealing with it for a week.  I’m just not sure you can trust the tests at this point.  What I mean is, this is basically a nasty cold that I’ve had in the past years before a few times.  Like a chest cold….. at least that’s what we used to call it.  Who fucking knows anymore.

Didn’t stop me from doing anything I normally do - put 150 and 160 miles on respectively last weekend, and 840 for the days I’ve rode with it in total.

If you actually get COVID now, you only have to isolate for 5 days regardless of your vaccination status.

But I love the divide they are putting for the quarantine period of vaccinated vs the people who are not vaccinated.  Basically the non-vaccinated are treated like they have covid and the vaccinated are treated like nothing happened if you have close contact. 

• Platinum Contributing Member

Reality is more people with get Omicron than any other variant.   My question is why does it stop someone from getting the original strain or Delta at the same time.   Its like these variants kill the previous ones off.  

Edited by Highmark

7 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Reality is more people with get Omicron than any other variant.   My question is why does it stop someone from getting the original strain or Delta at the same time.   Its like these variants kill the previous ones off.  

The vaccine was most effective for the alpha strain. Less effective on delta and almost ineffective on omicron.  Also as the virus gets less severe it becomes more transmissible. The original worse strains burn themselves out more easily but as they adapt they’ll flourish again

31 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

75% had 4 or more cormobitities.  Do you think there cause of death should be covid?

What is your source of information?:lol:

Triple jabbed are still dying here at a good rate 

5 minutes ago, ACE said:

The vaccine was most effective for the alpha strain. Less effective on delta and almost ineffective on omicron.  Also as the virus gets less severe it becomes more transmissible. The original worse strains burn themselves out more easily but as they adapt they’ll flourish again

All true however as even Fauci said early on and one of the more truthful things he's stated the fear now isn't a stronger more deadly variant not by normal means but one that causes a hyperactive immune response in the vaccinated.  If that occurs we are in deep shit.   He readily admitted that is the concern with this type of vaccine and what historically was a concern in some animal testing of mRNA vaccines. 

Edited by Highmark

Just now, Highmark said:

All true however as even Fauci said early on and one of the more truthful things he's stated the fear now isn't a stronger more deadly variant by normal means but one that causes a hyperactive immune response in the vaccinated.  If that occurs we are in deep shit.   

Yes and that’s still a possibility. That’s why actual experts were wanting a much more targeted approach with that vaccine 

and the continued use of the same vaccine will make a super bug more likely 

4 minutes ago, ACE said:

Yes and that’s still a possibility. That’s why actual experts were wanting a much more targeted approach with that vaccine 

and the continued use of the same vaccine will make a super bug more likely 

Absofuckinglutly.  All reasonable people said early on that healthy people should not be taking this thing because if we have that type of variant and the mortality rate is 30% or more.....the world is done as we know it.   No healthcare workers will show up.   Utility company workers won't show up for work.  Food production would grind to a halt.  It would be chaos.  

I've posted a number of times about intentionally not vaccinating people for this reason so everyday services can still operate.  We didn't even have to give people a placebo....enough just didn't want it in the first place. 

Edited by Highmark

10 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Absofuckinglutly.  All reasonable people said early on that healthy people should not be taking this thing because if we have that type of variant and the mortality rate is 30% or more.....the world is done as we know it.   No healthcare workers will show up.   Utility company workers won't show up for work.  Food production would grind to a halt.  It would be chaos.  

I've posted a number of times about intentionally not vaccinating people for this reason so everyday services can still operate.  We didn't even have to give people a placebo....enough just didn't want it in the first place. 

Most healthy people I know that got it was just because of the coercion. I know older and sick people that got it for health reasons which is logical

but mass vaccination during a pandemic with a leaky vaccine for a single strand RNA virus can cause big problems. We’re seeing the result of that now with a new strain going like fire through the vaccinated. We’re just lucky at this point that it’s milder 

• Like 1

It is milder but my brother still has some pretty bad symptoms with constant cough, bad sore throat and sinus congestion.  He got the booster last month prior to Xmas.  He is taking a home test tomorrow but he also has to go into the office and does not want to expose everyone there is it's the wuflu.

So far I have a mild sore throat and some congestion.  Will see it that gets any worse over the next few days but I am going to rely on my natural immunity after getting the delta last summer.  Hopefully it will go to war with the chinese pathogens in my body.