Check your account email address ×

wrenchin sleds !!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111 not beginner lessons!!11

f7ben

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Should have bought an XC......😧

Every.

Time.

Guys can hardly give away sno-x sleds that are a couple years old.  I've seen nice 2016's not getting sold at $3500.

40 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Nope!  This is more suited for how I like to ride. 

It is much cheaper to re-valve 4 shocks then buy a big tank and convert it over that way.  

2 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Every.

Time.

Guys can hardly give away sno-x sleds that are a couple years old.  I've seen nice 2016's not getting sold at $3500.

It is much cheaper to re-valve 4 shocks then buy a big tank and convert it over that way.  

I’m only revalving two shocks.  I like the fronts.  No matter how I did the math, it made more sense to go with a SX.  Bonus:  they look better!!!

6 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

EFI, reverse, bigger tank, gauge cluster, better headlights (2018+), better resale.

I’ve got EFI (2017). Tank is 7 gallons on mine which, works fine for where I ride. A conversion is $50 in parts to tap into another 4 gallons.  Headlights...don’t care.  Don’t ride at night but put some nice bulbs in it anyway.  Gauge cluster?  Think they are the same??  If not, how much do you need on a gauge...this does it all. I don’t buy sleds for resale but I’d bet when I sell I’ll do well.  Reverse, never knew where my reverse button was on my last sled.

SX- Stouter clutching, gearing and shocks (I’m no lightweight). Better front attack angle, lighter and more of a nimble feel especially with the long looking front hood of the XC and ZR’s.  Better skis by a ton.  Looks of the SX is much better, well, 17’s anyway.

So, it was an easy choice for me.  Really, I can ride a SX pretty much out of the crate with he exception of shocks revalving which, really, these weren’t too bad until I got into the hard whoops.  The XC...I’d want to redo the clutching and gearing, track, skis, and other tinkering.to get it where I want.

If I like the 19 SX premier at Hay days.  That will be my next.  Might be my last too.

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Nope!  This is more suited for how I like to ride.

I got started late this year but I usually go through everything from summer til the first SX kicks of at Thanksgiving.  Kinda my therapy.  My sleds are always immaculate at the start of every season.

x2 Preseason is when I blow all the money and spend all the time wrenching.  Once the snow falls, I hate to work on them  :lol: 

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

x2 Preseason is when I blow all the money and spend all the time wrenching.  Once the snow falls, I hate to work on them  :lol: 

Yeah, I make a few suspension adjustments or maybe a swap a spring in the primary but that's about it.  It's time to ride not monkey around with it.  That's what summers are for!  :bc:

9 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I go to the dealer to get  parts and come home with 450lbs of them in the back of the truck :lol:   :bc:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

EFI, reverse, bigger tank, gauge cluster, better headlights (2018+), better resale.

I'll can easily admit this though...if one is not mechanically inclined or, otherwise doesn't know much about racing sleds, they aren't going to be able to fake it on a SX.  The ECM challenge (we didn't mention) is enough to stop most from attempting it).  A XC can and is ridden by many who can "fake it" easily...right out of the box.  What a brilliant idea by Cat.  Put out a consumer racer.  Really, it's not that big of a step for them at all.  

Also, we forgot sway bars.

Just now, Zambroski said:

I'll can easily admit this though...if one is not mechanically inclined or, otherwise doesn't know much about racing sleds, they aren't going to be able to fake it on a SX.  The ECM challenge (we didn't mention) is enough to stop most from attempting it).  A XC can and is ridden by many who can "fake it" easily...right out of the box.  What a brilliant idea by Cat.  Put out a consumer racer.  Really, it's not that big of a step for them at all.  

That was in the works in the late days of USCC and since the inception of USXC.  Makes it a hell of a lot easier.

Just now, racinfarmer said:

That was in the works in the late days of USCC and since the inception of USXC.  Makes it a hell of a lot easier.

I wonder how close the Poo XCR truly is to being a real racer.  I know it was more sparse on the tracks last year than most Poo guys want to admit.  I wonder if it is a true "out of the box and on the track" like Cats R-XC?  Seems most of their racers are still rollin' the IQR version.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Platinum Contributing Member
37 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Got my new rears back with high and low DSC adjusters installed.  Had them revalved with XC specs.  Should do the job nicely!

Fox rear 3.jpg

FOX Rear 1.jpg

Nice...who did your shock work? 

3 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Got my new rears back with high and low DSC adjusters installed.  Had them revalved with XC specs.  Should do the job nicely!

Fox rear 3.jpg

FOX Rear 1.jpg

I need to get mine off and take them over to my shock guy for serving.  I'll probably wait til November after I get back from vacation.  What I really  need to do now is get out and service the bearings on my trailer axles while the weather is still nice. 

As clean as it left the factory.  A little touch up here and there, reasembled and ready for me to wrestle back into the sled. I was going to black the rails but decided I liked the lime...weird as that is.  Maybe next year if I don't have a new one.

Skid 1.jpg

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

As clean as it left the factory.  A little touch up here and there, reasembled and ready for me to wrestle back into the sled. I was going to black the rails but decided I liked the lime...weird as that is.  Maybe next year if I don't have a new one.

Skid 1.jpg

The green looks good on that sled and Duraflex Scratchers....nice.

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

The green looks good on that sled and Duraflex Scratchers....nice.

Thanks. The lime surprisingly grew on me with the gray.  The SX has gloss gray panels so, it looks pretty good compared to the rest.  Those duraflex scratchers are a must.  The SX only has a 4 qt cooling capacity.