Check your account email address ×

wrenchin sleds !!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111 not beginner lessons!!11

f7ben

7 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

What is that? 😂

:lmao:  Edited for appeal:

Jimmie "Hoovie" Snacks is a self proclaimed snowmobile idiot savant with a proclivity towards sledding masochism, and suffers from compulsive buying disorder. This causes him to make horrible vehicle sled purchases that often test the limits of his sanity and bank account. jimmy "Hoovie" hoards a revolving group of sleds he calls "The Hooptie Fleet".

https://hooviesgarage.com/

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

:lmao:  Edited for appeal:

Jimmie "Hoovie" Snacks is a self proclaimed snowmobile idiot savant with a proclivity towards sledding masochism, and suffers from compulsive buying disorder. This causes him to make horrible vehicle sled purchases that often test the limits of his sanity and bank account. jimmy "Hoovie" hoards a revolving group of sleds he calls "The Hooptie Fleet".

https://hooviesgarage.com/

:lol:

15 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

No. The reeds need to sit flat on the block. They need to seal completely. Any light shining through as you look through the carb side is not good on brand new reeds. 

I have tried every which way possible and nothing I do will make them 100%. Is there anything I can do? Are they critical on a cfi engine as they are on a carb?

32 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

I have tried every which way possible and nothing I do will make them 100%. Is there anything I can do? Are they critical on a cfi engine as they are on a carb?

I looked at all the pictures pretty close and could only see one pedal with a noticable gap. The others looked ok from what I could tell. 

If youve got them the beat you can just put them back in and see how it runs. If you have a little stumble under 1/4 throttle then you may have to either live with it or go back in. 

Put it together and see how it runs. 

2 hours ago, Tomas. said:

Reeds are critical on any engine that uses then for charge air induction 

Probably a stupid question but is there any consequences in starting up a snowmobile without an air box attached? not going to be driving it just want to make sure that everything's working fine before I put the airbox on and hide everything.

15398193360934651933927531478555.jpg

56 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

Probably a stupid question but is there any consequences in starting up a snowmobile without an air box attached? not going to be driving it just want to make sure that everything's working fine before I put the airbox on and hide everything.

15398193360934651933927531478555.jpg

Does matter at all....plug the iat sensor in

28 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Does matter at all....plug the iat sensor in

Ya after I posted and was checking around, I spotted the sensor. I put the air box on. 

It idles around 1700 which is perfect. But to me it seems to idle weird and the engine makes almost like a rattling noise but I don't know if that is normal or not. I will see if I can attach some videos

So I couldn't post a video with my phone as it exceeds the file size limit. When you start to here rattling I have the phone close to the engine. 

I am sorry if this is beginner lessons. I don't have anybody else to ask questions to aside from taking it to a shop lol

20181017_190851_Voice.amr

16 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

Ya after I posted and was checking around, I spotted the sensor. I put the air box on. 

It idles around 1700 which is perfect. But to me it seems to idle weird and the engine makes almost like a rattling noise but I don't know if that is normal or not. I will see if I can attach some videos

Its probably the clutch rattling

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Its probably the clutch rattling

Is that a normal thing? I don't remember how my m8 was and the last Polaris I owned was 5 years ago and it was a 2010 600 switchback

1 minute ago, Tomas. said:

Is that a normal thing? I don't remember how my m8 was and the last Polaris I owned was 5 years ago and it was a 2010 600 switchback

Yah.....its usually just wear and tear. Check the weights and make sure the bushings are tight etc

Just now, f7ben said:

Yah.....its usually just wear and tear. Check the weights and make sure the bushings are tight etc

Ok, will check tomorrow. Thank you. 

Does anyone know how to rebuild a brake caliper on a 07 Arctic Cat? Was bleeding the brakes tonight and it was taking a long time. So I have the wife come out and pull the brake lever a bit while I checked it out. Kind of hard to bleed brakes with a leaking caliper piston seal. Little bubbles are coming out around the piston. I have never had a caliper a part on anything and the isn't much information on the internet. Mostly for ATVs.

what sort of company builds a mountain sled that you have to pull the hood pull the pipe then you can poss get to the A arm bolts with a custom wrench . seriously what a PITA oh but that fit and Finnish. fuck that shit how about 30 seconds of forethought  

Does anybody know if these brake pistons are ok? Do I use scotch Brite on them? Or just put them back in? There was a bunch of dirt behind the piston. Seals seem good.

20181019_080635.jpg

20181019_080324.jpg

20181019_080321.jpg

20181019_070628.jpg

20181019_080720.jpg

20181019_080709.jpg

20181019_080703.jpg

20181019_080652.jpg

Edited by Tomas.

14 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

what sort of company builds a mountain sled that you have to pull the hood pull the pipe then you can poss get to the A arm bolts with a custom wrench . seriously what a PITA oh but that fit and Finnish. fuck that shit how about 30 seconds of forethought  

I give up. What?  Definitely not Polaris. 

41 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Just buy a used caliper assembly. Probably cheaper than the parts to fix that one

Seals are $20 each and pistons are $88 each. I am going to try and clean these ones and hope it seals. If that doesn't work, I will be looking for a used one like you said.

38 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Faggot ass frogs from the epicenter of bicurious sled designs and products made for absolute faggots

yup that is a negative on a doo for sure.  then most put a skid plat whihc also needs to come off the be able to access it.