Check your account email address ×

$100 million down payment on the wall

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Snoslinger said:

I have mixed thoughts on sanctuary cities to be honest. I can see both sides to the argument.  are you capable of doing things like that? if what is supposed to happen in sanctuary cities, happened, this wouldn't be much of a discussion. but you see some rare cases, like the one in SF, where a screw up occurred and you think the whole thing is running rampant and that you have the perfect solution. everyone and everything will align perfectly. that's not how it works in the real world.

They are breaking FEDERAL LAW.   If people want the laws changed the fill the voting booths and get the laws changed.   Cities do not have the right to ignore federal law.   I'm by no means a big fed govt guy but there are certain aspects of our country that they need to control and if immigration is one then follow the fucking law or change it.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

hardly. you know why? cause I know they could find many other ways to get out. next...

Yup,you'd be  stomping around with a hard hat and a whistle screaming "faster, someone might get out with the government s money"!,

32 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

well if yours is to shoot them, than yah.

Well... not all of them. Lol. Seriously though we have to make it not worth their effort. Scare tactics. Rubber bullets.whatever,then instantly tossed back over. They are criminals. It doesn't matter if they are searching for a better life. An American citizen who is searching for a better life and commits a robbery to achieve that is still a criminal correct? And should be treated accordingly. 

And if they do make it passed the border then we have to double down. No benefits, no help, no nothing. Arrested and tossed back over within 48hrs. Kids/ families/all of them. 

Edited by Shifty

42 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I remember when you as anti-illegal immigration as anyone on CE. :lol:   

There are poor all over the world, most much more destitute than those from Mexico.   We need to help them there not here.   

I still am. Illegal crossings are at a decade low point right now.

5 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

And we are still at 3 times the amount of 1990

PH_2016_09_20_Unauthorized-02.png

That doesn't fit the narrative !! And hurts the cause!!!!

8 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

I still am. Illegal crossings are at a decade low point right now.

Its fucking hilarious you claim that.   Talk out both sides of  your mouth much. :lol:   

Thanks for making my point. Its down and has been for years.

How about we enforce the current laws and fine the fuck out of companies that hire illegals? Oh wait.....they are cheap labor.

You fuckin republicans are your own worst enemy you really are.

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

How about we enforce the current laws and fine the fuck out of companies that hire illegals? Oh wait.....they are cheap labor.

You did say last decade. It peaked at 12.2 and now settled to 11.1.....Millions of illegals here. We still have an issue but if you only want to look at the past decade then you don't see any problems  :lol:

So to recap....walls don't work and we don't have any issues with over 11 million illegals here. Just turn a blind eye and pretend it's not happening.

2 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

I've said for years the GOP is no better on illegal immigration than the left.  

Yes lets enforce the laws both on those that hire and those that come here illegally.  

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

Oh and there are 19 criminal organizations operating in Mexico. The wall means nothing to them.

Would there be if American's weren't so dependent on drugs?

Drugs/Cartels and immigration could be handled the same way.   Have the users stop using and both stop coming across to some point.   The difference would be illegals come for the social assistance not just the jobs.

Unlawfully crossing U.S. borders in against the law. So enforce it...but don't build a wall to do it. Do send more bodies down there to do it. Don't make any new forms of deterrent. Just talk about enforcing laws instead :thumb:  :lol:

47 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

I have mixed thoughts on sanctuary cities to be honest. I can see both sides to the argument.  are you capable of doing things like that? if what is supposed to happen in sanctuary cities, happened, this wouldn't be much of a discussion. but you see some rare cases, like the one in SF, where a screw up occurred and you think the whole thing is running rampant and that you have the perfect solution. everyone and everything will align perfectly. that's not how it works in the real world.

I see, so if they make it to a sanctuary city, then treat it like goal in the game of "tag"!  NO!  The simple fact that they are breaking the law is the only side that should matter in this case.  That is how it is handled in other North American countries, and it should be the same here.  Pretty black and white if you think about it.

6 minutes ago, racer254 said:

I see, so if they make it to a sanctuary city, then treat it like goal in the game of "tag"!  NO!  The simple fact that they are breaking the law is the only side that should matter in this case.  That is how it is handled in other North American countries, and it should be the same here.  Pretty black and white if you think about it.

I have a funny suspicion you don't know much about sanctuary cities and how they operate, just like many other subjects. you lilely have this notion these cities don't do anything at all with illegal immigrants. just let them all run wild and free. am I right? now go ahead and google something, come back, spin it a little and pretend you knew all along... :news:

Edited by Snoslinger

• Gold Member
19 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Well, many here were complaining just the other day about him backing out from building the wall.  Now when he follows trough with it, they are mad about that.  It's laughable.

I was one who chastised him about not building it. I'm really surprised he went through with it, I thought for sure he'd weasel out of it. I was wrong on that. I'm not wrong about Mexico not paying for it, though. It seems we are paying g for it with the hope that some fees will cover the cost.