Check your account email address ×

$100 million down payment on the wall

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

if......

the area we were trying to protect was small, could be completely surrounded by a wall, and was heavily guarded the wall could work

do we have those 3 conditions here?

1900 miles for the border and the Great Wall is 5500 miles  :news:

some read on the subject.... appropriate quote, eh?

"The first emperor’s toy  :lol:

How did it all work? Simple – the wall’s daunting appearance itself should have been enough to make possible invaders think twice about their intentions. Aside from this, there were also archers all along the wall, making it more of a threat. Unfortunately, invaders often decided to simply ride around the wall.

There were also large garrisons manning the wall’s larger gates, with the purpose of keeping invaders from breaking in. But again, unfortunately, during the most crucial stages of Chinese history traitors opened the gates for the enemy willingly."

http://gbtimes.com/life/failure-great-wall

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

you do know walls dont work right?

Mexico has one on their southern border.   Laughable they think we shouldn't.  

Honestly you guys that are against the wall what do you want open borders?   Obviously what we currently have isn't working so fuck why not try something?  

Edited by Highmark

The Great Wall of china did not work. It was incomplete. Couple hun miles of wall here then a big gap,some wall ,gap etc etc. our wall will not work either unless we ACTIVELY ENFORCE and patrol said wall. The biggest problem with our border issue is that there is basically no repercussions for breaching it. Round them up,give some food water and med treatment and ship them back.  That's what we do. 2 weeks later they're back. Odds are sooner or later they'll make it.  And they will. ENFORCE and protect. That is the answer

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Honestly you guys that are against the wall what do you want open borders?   Obviously what we currently have isn't working so fuck why not try something?  

wtf makes you think we want open borders? the border we have now is working, just not 100%, and the wall will not change that.

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Guatemalan's continuously call Mexicans racists for it too  :lol:

Just now, Shifty said:

The Great Wall of china did not work. It was incomplete. Couple hun miles of wall here then a big gap,some wall ,gap etc etc. our wall will not work either unless we ACTIVELY ENFORCE and patrol said wall. The biggest problem with our border issue is that there is basically no repercussions for breaching it. Round them up,give some food water and med treatment and ship them back.  That's what we do. 2 weeks later they're back. Odds are sooner or later they'll make it.  And they will. ENFORCE and protect. That is the answer

this...

1 hour ago, Snoslinger said:

this is why we laugh at you idiots. you see no problem spending billions of dollars on a million dollar problem, and then at the end of the day you still have the million dollar problem. but it apparently makes you sleep a little better at night or something?

Trump just hired 5000 more border guards textbook Dunning Kruger :nuts: 

6 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

wtf makes you think we want open borders? the border we have now is working, just not 100%, and the wall will not change that.

:lol:  Yeah its working.   You can't honestly believe that Sno?

Its estimated around 750,000 cross the border each year.   About half get caught.  I'd say thats not working. 

10 minutes ago, Shifty said:

8 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

this...

Are you in full support of this when it comes to sanctuary cities?

47 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

The very poor and destitute seeking a better life in the US use the border. The very wealthy drug lords, killers and rapists pay the guards to get in and out the US at will.

The wall is a huge waste of tax dollars

I remember when you as anti-illegal immigration as anyone on CE. :lol:   

There are poor all over the world, most much more destitute than those from Mexico.   We need to help them there not here.   

Edited by Highmark

29 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

holy shit Slinger...did you seriously write that?  what percentage do you think it is working?  I get you don't think the wall is a good idea and you hate Trump...those are facts.  you have to be just stirring shit here...I know you are not a stupid person...:bc:

Just now, pjameven said:

holy shit Slinger...did you seriously write that?  what percentage do you think it is working?  I get you don't think the wall is a good idea and you hate Trump...those are facts.  you have to be just stirring shit here...I know you are not a stupid person...:bc:

well we're catching 325,000 attempts each year. that tells me something is working, but not 100%, as I stated. could it be better? sure, with more patrol. the wall, by itself, will not put a major dent in the problem.

11 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

well we're catching 325,000 attempts each year. that tells me something is working, but not 100%, as I stated. could it be better? sure, with more patrol. the wall, by itself, will not put a major dent in the problem.

Round them up,give some food water and med treatment and ship them back.  That's what we do. 2 weeks later they're back. Odds are sooner or later they'll make it.  And they will. ENFORCE and protect. That is the answer

Does this echo your thoughts on sanctuary cities as well, slinger?

2 minutes ago, Sleepr2 said:

If this wall was to keep evil rich and businesses from leaving with their jobs and money Timeshare would be down there already with a whistle screaming for everyone to work faster.

Meh. That's like saying Moto is going to buy a pair of shit kicking boots to go out and kick some shit with his "comrades". Ain't gonna happen

Put on your shit kickers and kick some shit  :lol:

6 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Round them up,give some food water and med treatment and ship them back.  That's what we do. 2 weeks later they're back. Odds are sooner or later they'll make it.  And they will. ENFORCE and protect. That is the answer

Does this echo your thoughts on sanctuary cities as well, slinger?

I have mixed thoughts on sanctuary cities to be honest. I can see both sides to the argument.  are you capable of doing things like that? if what is supposed to happen in sanctuary cities, happened, this wouldn't be much of a discussion. but you see some rare cases, like the one in SF, where a screw up occurred and you think the whole thing is running rampant and that you have the perfect solution. everyone and everything will align perfectly. that's not how it works in the real world.

10 minutes ago, Sleepr2 said:

If this wall was to keep evil rich and businesses from leaving with their jobs and money Timeshare would be down there already with a whistle screaming for everyone to work faster.

hardly. you know why? cause I know they could find many other ways to get out. next...