Check your account email address ×

they can't keep an 800 EPA motor in tune or together, so let's go 900 ???

19 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

I don’t know. I’m on my 4th, alleged ticking time bomb Polaris 800 CFI2 sled. Haven’t blown one up yet so I guess I need to admit to something that hasn’t happened to me or anyone I ride with? 

Pretty hard to believe. I litteraly have 5 ridding buds who have had at least 1 blow and a few with multiples . To the point not 1 of my buds will own a poo out of warranty any longer . Just part of the deal .  

• Like 1

On 11/25/2021 at 5:14 PM, Zambroski said:

No.

1.) Still Cat

2) And has done worlds better, DOO

3,) Poo.  Same.

No 850s are not lasting.  Yes lasting longer than pre etc 800s but what is that saying . Just go look at some summit adds . Many many with new motors under warranty.  I am hoping mine pops this is my last yr of warranty and I really don't want to have to pay for a new one 

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

Pretty hard to believe. I litteraly have 5 ridding buds who have had at least 1 blow and a few with multiples . To the point not 1 of my buds will own a poo out of warranty any longer . Just part of the deal .  

We’ve had 12 of them between 5 in my group. One 2009 went down from a bad tank of fuel. ALL of them spend a good portion of their time WFO in deep snow too. Zero bullshit. I’d introduce you to every rider, if you were local. 3 of them have owned all the different brands too. All but one now exclusively rides Polaris. One has an Alpha One and his 2015 Pro. He splits his riding time between the two. Talking about upgrading the Pro to a newer Kahos next year. 

1 hour ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

We’ve had 12 of them between 5 in my group. One 2009 went down from a bad tank of fuel. ALL of them spend a good portion of their time WFO in deep snow too. Zero bullshit. I’d introduce you to every rider, if you were local. 3 of them have owned all the different brands too. All but one now exclusively rides Polaris. One has an Alpha One and his 2015 Pro. He splits his riding time between the two. Talking about upgrading the Pro to a newer Kahos next year. 

My buds Kahos went boom mid season last yr less than 600mi on it . Kremmling motorsports /vohk had it swapped out in 2 days . They are deff better than the 800s . Most of my buds only have the sleds for when it is to deep for the bikes now or when guys who don't have bikes are with 

Back in the late 80’s people were worried about the reliability Cat’s new, huge 650 twin. They felt it couldn’t be balanced and that it needed to be a triple like the 600 Indy so as not to shake itself apart. 

Now here we are with garbage 850’s that do have vibration issues. Twins are at their limit. They need to go back to triple cylinder configurations.

9 hours ago, AK440 said:

Now here we are with garbage 850’s that do have vibration issues. Twins are at their limit. They need to go back to triple cylinder configurations.

You obviously haven't ridden one.  They are shockingly smooth 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deephaven said:

You obviously haven't ridden one.  They are shockingly smooth 

He's the queen of commenting on everything he has no first hand experience with.  But if you want first hand experience on how awesome a Yamaha Ovation is, he's definitely the one to ask!! 

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

He's the queen of commenting on everything he has no first hand experience with.  But if you want first hand experience on how awesome a Yamaha Ovation is, he's definitely the one to ask!! 

Funny how an Ovation will still be running long after the Poo 850 pukes it’s guts out all over the belly pan. Pretty sad when an 850 making it to the 5,000 mile mark is something to brag about. 

1 hour ago, AK440 said:

Funny how an Ovation will still be running long after the Poo 850 pukes it’s guts out all over the belly pan. Pretty sad when an 850 making it to the 5,000 mile mark is something to brag about. 

Funny how the ovation will never make 5000 miles because it sucks to ride.  As for 850's they are as reliable as any snowmobile 2 stroke on the market today.  

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Race mil you dummy.  Look, we all aren't out there tootling around with our wives.  :lol2:

Race mill LOL.  Also not dependable.  Looks like your not tootling around at all.  

On 11/26/2021 at 4:54 PM, Ez ryder said:

Have the MADCATTER'S up their annual riding season above 500 miles per season yet?  That's been the standard for many years so just checking.