Check your account email address ×

they can't keep an 800 EPA motor in tune or together, so let's go 900 ???

40 minutes ago, Doug said:

Have the MADCATTER'S up their annual riding season above 500 miles per season yet?  That's been the standard for many years so just checking.

Well my 18 summit has 1200 on it . When I get out on a trail for more than 4 hrs I just want to shoot my self so a 500 mi yr would be pretty epic for me . Hell most days we don't get more than 15 mi from the forest service lot .

12 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

They have a different map in case your’s blows up. But other than that they don’t care. 

They care the same amount as both Poo and Doo. As long as people keep wanting to buy the unreliable, big bore twin cylinder design they’ll keep making them. It’d make a lot more sense to go to light weight triple layout for the displacement and power these engines are putting out. 

1 minute ago, AK440 said:

They care the same amount as both Poo and Doo. As long as people keep wanting to buy the unreliable, big bore twin cylinder design they’ll keep making them. It’d make a lot more sense to go to light weight triple layout for the displacement and power these engines are putting out. 

For pounding diamonds poss but when deep snow guys ate spending 1000s to save a few lbs they don't need the extra casting and steel in the crank . And really who gives a fuck if you got the 15k to buy a new 850 you prob snow checked and got the 4 yr extra warranty and won't even own it in 4 yrs from now . 

Just a reality of how you have to look at it. Sleds are a total wast of cash and this is the only time in the last 30 yrs you can dump your old junk and not take a massive beating on it . And it won't last . That 20k rmk turbo will still only be worth about 6k in 4 yrs from now 

1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

They all fail.  Th ctec just the most often.

No Polaris wins that award zero question . How many small shops make a living just off Polaris "durability kits " but hey every company needs a tradition 

3 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

No Polaris wins that award zero question . How many small shops make a living just off Polaris "durability kits " but hey every company needs a tradition 

:lol:

Even one of the “gods” of Polaris “fix kits” has admitted that there are less issues with 800 Polaris engines than what he had led on to over the years. So much so, that the guy is giving away his super duper cylinder honing service free to previous customers because he was wrong in the past.

GTF outta here with all your Polaris 800/850 durability talk. Cat don’t sell a 1/4 of the amount of sleds that Polaris does and even their long awaited, “revolutionary” 800 is burning down at an alarming rate. 

8 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Talking modern mills.  Last couple years.  Ctec is a bigger disaster than either 850.  Hope they finally have it figured out this year 

Oh allegedly they did but unless you burn one down in warranty, you have to pay Cat to “fix” it. What’s that tell ya? 

1 minute ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Even one of the “gods” of Polaris “fix kits” has admitted that there are less issues with 800 Polaris engines than what he had led on to over the years. So much so, that the guy is giving away his super duper cylinder honing service free to previous customers because he was wrong in the past.

GTF outta here with all your Polaris 800/850 durability talk. Cat don’t sell a 1/4 of the amount of sleds that Polaris does and even their long awaited, “revolutionary” 800 is burning down at an alarming rate. 

Uh oh Nick, now you did it.  You used the sales reference!! :lol:  But it can't be denied, given equal numbers of sleds out there, these new Cats would be talked about as a huge POS just like the other two are - or an even bigger POS.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Blinders are not safe to wear on a sled just a fyi

Edited by Ez ryder

32 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Uh oh Nick, now you did it.  You used the sales reference!! :lol:  But it can't be denied, given equal numbers of sleds out there, these new Cats would be talked about as a huge POS just like the other two are - or an even bigger POS.

It was time that somebody went there, ya know? :lol:

30 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Blinders are not safe to wear on a sled just a fyi

Dude, we use to have every brand in our riding group. There is now just one guy with a Cat and he rides that and his Pro 50/50. The rest all ride Polaris now. I actually look forward to my old Pro yaking just so I can finally know that all of the internet know it alls were finally right! Then, I’ll just go replace it with another RMK because nobody wants to be stuck on some hog piss Cat or Doo chassis sled. :lol:

53 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Oh allegedly they did but unless you burn one down in warranty, you have to pay Cat to “fix” it. What’s that tell ya? 

They give you a 3 month warranty on it. Maybe 4 if you can ride in December 

Edited by Not greg b
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

They give you a 3 month warranty on it. Maybe 4 if you can ride in December 

When these start failing in Yamaha's, team blue is going to want to rediscuss their 4 stroke supply.  4 months won't make the Japanese happy nor should any consumer be ok with it.  Poo/Doo went through their growing pains, but Cat isn't done with theirs yet.

24 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

It was time that somebody went there, ya know? :lol:

Dude, we use to have every brand in our riding group. There is now just one guy with a Cat and he rides that and his Pro 50/50. The rest all ride Polaris now. I actually look forward to my old Pro yaking just so I can finally know that all of the internet know it alls were finally right! Then, I’ll just go replace it with another RMK because nobody wants to be stuck on some hog piss Cat or Doo chassis sled. :lol:

I have a 15 pro rmk as a back up . I bought it in 18 with a hole in the case it is what it is like I said I find it extremely hard to believe none of your boys have poped a hole in the case 

35 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

When these start failing in Yamaha's, team blue is going to want to rediscuss their 4 stroke supply.  4 months won't make the Japanese happy nor should any consumer be ok with it.  Poo/Doo went through their growing pains, but Cat isn't done with theirs yet.

Well on paper it is 12 months. But realistically most people only ride 3 months out of the year and sled sits 

52 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I have a 15 pro rmk as a back up . I bought it in 18 with a hole in the case it is what it is like I said I find it extremely hard to believe none of your boys have poped a hole in the case 

Well you just keep on having that hard time because It’s 100% bullshit free. I’m not denying that it does happen, but it doesn’t happen as much as some people like everyone to believe that it does. 

Now, as far as 850’s, we’ve had two in our group. One 2019 and now one 2020. The ‘19 would just randomly run like dogshit. The ‘20 has been flawless. The owner is of course now waiting for his ‘22 but didn’t sell the ‘20 because he knew getting the ‘22 would be a shit show. I’ve thought about buying his ‘20 but it’s a Kahos and personally, I still like the RMK over the Kahos. That and, I still like my Pro. Plus it’s paid for and setup just like I want it. Not to mention that it seems as though all of the used Axys chassis RMKs out there anymore are 163s and I for sure don’t need a 163. 

Edited by SayatodaU.P.eh?

21 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Well on paper it is 12 months. But realistically most people only ride 3 months out of the year and sled sits 

Yup, what a fukking joke. A great waranty that expires while sitting in the garage probably 325 days out of 365. I,ve said it for many years now, the warranty should be solely based on miles or kilometers, or total running time. The truth is locked into the computers, so no excuses. And if they are found to be tampered with, zero warranty. What a fukking rec vehicles owners take, and by the look of all the sales at ridiculous prices, the stupid is strong.

1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

I could be wrong but the majority of the failures I know of are flatlander Cat's and the Mountain Max isn't a flatlander sled.  I'm not denying they have failed though because I have yet to hear about one.  Also, the 'patch fix' flash for the 8000 mentions below 1000 feet.  Which sort've makes me wonder if they were EPA tuned for elevation more so than for the flat landers.

2021 and 2022 8000 Model Calibration Update Available, Must Update Dealer Diagnostic Tool Version 2.0.0.191    There is an optional calibration update available for the model year 2021 and 2022 8000 models. This update can be completed by connecting the vehicle to the Dealer Diagnostic System. Once the vehicle has been identified, the software will prompt you if an update is available for the vehicle.

Follow the prompts as instructed to complete the update Calibration Changes

• Coolant temperature fuel correction at elevated coolant temperatures

• Altitude compensation for elevations below 1000 feet.

• Increased safety margin to compensate for fuel system component variation

Service-Advisory-CTEC-2-Engine-Failure-Diagnosis-English-and-French.pdf

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

2 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

Yup, what a fukking joke. A great waranty that expires while sitting in the garage probably 325 days out of 365. I,ve said it for many years now, the warranty should be solely based on miles or kilometers, or total running time. The truth is locked into the computers, so no excuses. And if they are found to be tampered with, zero warranty. What a fukking rec vehicles owners take, and by the look of all the sales at ridiculous prices, the stupid is strong.

I agree 

Have the Polaris Ambassadors” on HCS come up with a consensus yet on “reliability oil” on this years HCS thread?

:news:

:lmao:

Almost as funny as when Anys owners needed Poo to fly engineers out to the east coast to show them how to change a belt…cuz, “Fade”.

• Haha 1