Check your account email address ×

Family Dollar employees at Nebraska store walk off job, cite low pay and long shifts

1 hour ago, mnstang said:

These so called dollar stores are very bad for the local communities that they're in.

they provide chap things for poor people.   reality is the price per OZ is never cheap but some people can; afford more than a buck.   Can't blame it on the stores they are filling a need,  blame it on capitalism,  if we only had communism to save the day.  

• Haha 2

I don't blame it on capitalism at all.  I don't blame it on the store either.  I'm not for communism in the least bit, either.

Alot of poor people are poor for a reason and that's because they make stupid choices.  They might save a little bit at the dollar store in the short term, but every bit that they spend is leaving their community and is actually weakening the entire local economy.  VS a local store where the money stays in their own community and they then have a good chance of earning that same money back.  But they're too dumb to understand that and probably on my payroll already anyway so they don't care about or need their local economy.  As long as they can buy their smokes and chips and Twinkies at a discount.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

How many kinds of Dollar Stores are there? 

3, dollar tree, dollar general, and family dollar..only ones I can think of

5 hours ago, Mainecat said:

How many kinds of Dollar Stores are there? 

Dollar general really isn't a "dollar" store, it's more of a general store with every day items and other stuff for the home. They are popping up in every town here in Minnesota. Considering the local mom and pop small grocery store were killed off long ago when the big gas stations like SA and Holiday got into the more than just pop and cigs I don't see it as a bad thing.

5 hours ago, mnstang said:

I don't blame it on capitalism at all.  I don't blame it on the store either.  I'm not for communism in the least bit, either.

Alot of poor people are poor for a reason and that's because they make stupid choices.  They might save a little bit at the dollar store in the short term, but every bit that they spend is leaving their community and is actually weakening the entire local economy.  VS a local store where the money stays in their own community and they then have a good chance of earning that same money back.  But they're too dumb to understand that and probably on my payroll already anyway so they don't care about or need their local economy.  As long as they can buy their smokes and chips and Twinkies at a discount.  

they should be rewarded for those bad choices.   

• Gold Member
21 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

Dollar general really isn't a "dollar" store, it's more of a general store with every day items and other stuff for the home. They are popping up in every town here in Minnesota. Considering the local mom and pop small grocery store were killed off long ago when the big gas stations like SA and Holiday got into the more than just pop and cigs I don't see it as a bad thing.

Dollar generals popping up all over here too. It’s almost like there building one in every freakin town. Feel bad for the little local places probably tough when one opens less than a mile down the road which it seems to happen at every one around here.