Check your account email address ×

Delta Variant

4 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Reporting 35 million cases of COVID.  Same as last year at this time, according to NBC.

Keep the narrative going.

India and the Uk had their surges snd they are over. The UK netted zero i crease in daily deaths. India had a lot but they also didn’t get hit with a surge of deaths from the original covid strain. The US will see no major increase in deaths

Just now, Zambroski said:

Good Morning America “Covid doctor” just literally said on camera, “Even if you are fully vaccinated, you can still get covid and spread it.”

Oh.  

Only a dumb ass like yourself didn’t know that.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

What a fuckin asshole you are.

Thank you….and you are right to be scared to run your mouth in public.

Just now, Mainecat said:

Only a dumb ass like yourself didn’t know that.

:lol:

Just sooooo perfect!  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

My brother and sister inlaw just got covid again, most likely delta, but the test didn't say.  They had it March 2020 and again 2 weeks ago.  They were pretty sick both times.  The first time they were down for almost 2 weeks, this time only 3 days.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
12 minutes ago, Doorider said:

My brother and sister inlaw just got covid again, most likely delta, but the test didn't say.  They had it March 2020 and again 2 weeks ago.  They were pretty sick both times.  The first time they were down for almost 2 weeks, this time only 3 days.  

They likely never had it in 2020 as the tests were incredibly inaccurate then. 

There is no "test" for Delta other than genetic sequencing.   Local testing sites do not do that.   

Edited by Highmark

10 minutes ago, Doorider said:

Good news is that I bet the next time they get it, they probably won’t even hardly know it. 

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

They likely never had it in 2020 as the tests were incredibly inaccurate then. 

There is no "test" for COVID other than genetic sequencing.   Local testing sites do not do that.   

Both positive tests and had all the symptoms.  Much worse than when I had it.  Fevers, headaches, coughs that lasted months and lost if smell and taste. 

This time they said the headaches and throat pain was worse, but no coughing and didn't loose smell or taste 

5 minutes ago, Doorider said:

Both positive tests and had all the symptoms.  Much worse than when I had it.  Fevers, headaches, coughs that lasted months and lost if smell and taste. 

This time they said the headaches and throat pain was worse, but no coughing and didn't loose smell or taste 

It would be unusual to have it twice.   Back in February they thought there were only around 50 cases worldwide.   I honestly think if it was occurring in any significance we'd be hearing and seeing more statistics on it.   Just saying its extremely rare and back during flu season everything was being diagnosed as covid.  The seasonal flu numbers confirm that.   On ave 40 million plus to under 5000 last flu season. 

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/only-50-people-are-known-to-have-contracted-covid-19-more-than-once-but-medical-experts-are-on-high-alert-11613743994

Edited by Highmark

40 minutes ago, Doorider said:

ACE says you cant get it twice per science. Tell your brother to stop lying

16 hours ago, Doorider said:

Well, if they actually do have it for the 2nd time, then I expect we will be seeing their names on the news sometime soon.  Like Highmark said, it is rare.

12 hours ago, Zambroski said:

If we hit The lambda variant.  It’s over.

2 weeks to stop the spread though  :dunno:  Maybe two years? Maybe two Presidential terms?