Check your account email address ×

New York Shootout

What are the terms going to be this year @Bontz @Tommcat and @krom ?

ET or MPH at the tape?

Wager?

The shootout has always provided good entertainment, why should this year be any different?  Might be interesting with Doo throwing the Mach into the ring for the 4S class with 'launch control'.  Would be really nice to see the sleds brought out of break-in mode but the odds of that happening without some cheating is unlikely without the controversial 'hot-ECU' topic coming up.

Oh well... amuse us!  :lol:

I'm always game for the annual "avatar" challenge!!  I can't even remember what @Tommcat and I defined as the bet last year, but it was kind of weird because I think we had some sort of "tie" due to ET and MPH bets?  Heck, I think we even changed it from a Polaris vs. Cat bet to a Yamaha vs. Cat bet?

Whatever it is we can come up with, I'm in.  Of course, they'll probably be running this on dirt and 60 degrees, the way 2021 is going.

i definitely need to see who is in what classes. if the mach is in, that makes things interesting for the fast sled class.
is poo still making an 800 or is it strictly the 840 now?

and, will poo put the turbo 840 in the 850 class, or attempt to run it in the turbo cat/mach class?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommcat said:

i definitely need to see who is in what classes. if the mach is in, that makes things interesting for the fast sled class.
is poo still making an 800 or is it strictly the 840 now?

and, will poo put the turbo 840 in the 850 class, or attempt to run it in the turbo cat/mach class?

I agree ... I think that's why we decided to use just the turbo last year and go Yama-Cat vs. Cat

My guess for the big bore and 4s classes are...

Doo 850, Poo 850 and Cat 800

Mach, SRX and Tcat

If my opinion matters :lol:

ET then MPH for a tie breaker.

My wild guess for the 4s class is Doo takes the ET but gets MPH'd by the YamaCats

13 minutes ago, Bontz said:

If we focus on the turbo class ... I'll take ET by the sled with the better track.  If anyone has a 1" track, screw that option ... they lose.

Wrong pal.

Remember the drama with Battlestorm at the 2019 shootout when Cat ran the 8000 SnoPro with a 1" lug and... (LOL) triggers.  Poo ran a 1.5 and mega bites and got beaten in ET 

Cat 800 ran 9.78 @ 93.36

Poo 840 ran 9.83 @ 93.94

Doo 850 ran 9.60 @ 93.16

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

Shootout is always good fun but some of that fun will be missing without fanboy's like dumbstad.  He actually believes cat has the fastest 600 on snow.  Not that anyone really give's two shits about who's 600 is fastest.....

1 minute ago, jdsky said:

Shootout is always good fun but some of that fun will be missing without fanboy's like dumbstad.  He actually believes cat has the fastest 600 on snow.  Not that anyone really give's two shits about who's 600 is fastest.....

I'm going to Ramstad the shit out of this and claim Polaris is cheating by using the 650 in the 600 class.

:lol2:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I'm going to Ramstad the shit out of this and claim Polaris is cheating by using the 650 in the 600 class.

:lol2:

Don't you Ramstad the shit out of everything? :lol:

4 hours ago, Zambroski said:

They should include dyno numbers into this little contest.  Also, what oils are being used.  ARe tHoSe RaCE DiGGEr CaRbidE TIppED GorillA FAST Studs?!?!?!!?  CHEATERS!!!!

I thought jim dynos them and posts the results just before the shoot out? I know they use to