Check your account email address ×

Snowmobile scrapyard in MN???

42 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

Over the years I've purchased quite a few motorcycle parts but I've never seen any snowmobile salvage at Sport Wheels. I know the owner had a nice collection of sleds though.

I bet Richard paid a pretty penny for it from watching the video.

That's insane what that man has accumulated. So many rare things and one offs I bet some diehard collectors didn't even know existed. 

Thanks for sharing/posting that, John. I've emailed 2 friends, so far, who I know will be blown away by it. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ckf said:

Any of you guys ever buy from this guys snowmobile scrapyard? Looks like he had an amazing collection at his home.

You ever watch that show " PICKERS " ?

Two guys go looking for antiques. Every time they look at stuff, it's in a dirty, stinking, shithole, and they think it's great when they even find old motor cycles in rusty pieces.

This collection is unreal. Worth MILLIONS. 

This place looks like a dump from the road.  I have been by it probably a thousand times and never had any idea what was inside.  It's located just north of Jordan, MN on the east side of 169.  The salvage yard is further up.  Never been to that but it's right next to where I buy all my landscape supplies.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, SSFB said:

I thought this thread was about @f7ben!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

:lol:

Naw….he cobbles his shit together and gets it running just long enough to sell it off to non-riding, half-witted retards in Wisconsin…..and hopes they lose the receipt for return.  It doesn’t always work out.  :lmao:

7 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

I go to a salvage yard with probably 1000+ sleds in the yard outside.

I doubt there is more worthless junk per square yard anywhere greater than a sled salvage yard.  Hell, even cycles and atvs just get scraped and melted down after a short while.  Sled people are funny phucks.

13 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Naw….he cobbles his shit together and gets it running just long enough to sell it off to non-riding, half-witted retards in Wisconsin…..and hopes they lose the receipt for return.  It doesn’t always work out.  :lmao:

I doubt there is more worthless junk per square yard anywhere greater than a sled salvage yard.  Hell, even cycles and atvs just get scraped and melted down after a short while.  Sled people are funny phucks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, X2700 said:

I'm real curious how much money this auction is going to bring in? I would assume in the millions no problem but that will also be determined by the state of the economy come September. 

3 hours ago, Zambroski said:

true story,  would do the world a favor if there were no more parts for these POS and they could jsut be scraped.  

I was going to buy a SxS from a kid until i realized he was the son of the owner of the sled graveyard in VT.  He was buying machines down south in GA and bringing them north but I knwo GA will sell a salvage wheeler to anyone as I was looking there and PA for a rebuild project myself.  

3 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

FTR the signs and stuff are IMO way cool.  Would love to have a pole barn with nice clean floors,  wood and tin walls and modern shit in it with antique signs and lights etc.  

Those signs are worth big money, as are a lot things today. Until the video, I had no idea those old mini-bikes could be worth so much money. With his low mileage one offs and the like, I am sure there are many collectors of many things throughout the world now drooling over this auction. Just the toy/memorabilia collection alone will bring in boat loads of money. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

true story,  would do the world a favor if there were no more parts for these POS and they could jsut be scraped.  

I was going to buy a SxS from a kid until i realized he was the son of the owner of the sled graveyard in VT.  He was buying machines down south in GA and bringing them north but I knwo GA will sell a salvage wheeler to anyone as I was looking there and PA for a rebuild project myself.  

We all know a guy that has a “starter collection” that he will restore “one day”.  Just looks like junk filling up their yards to me but…to each their own.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, irv said:

Those signs are worth big money, as are a lot things today. Until the video, I had no idea those old mini-bikes could be worth so much money. With his low mileage one offs and the like, I am sure there are many collectors of many things throughout the world now drooling over this auction. Just the toy/memorabilia collection alone will bring in boat loads of money. 

Did anyone else notice the coke machines? I saw at least 5. The round top one is really old and worth serious dough. I wouldn’t be surprised if the collectables bring as much or more than the bikes.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Did anyone else notice the coke machines? I saw at least 5. The round top one is really old and worth serious dough. I wouldn’t be surprised if the collectables bring as much or more than the bikes.

Very well could. Collectibles and memorabilia went through the roof during this pandemic. I collect baseball/hockey cards and those also went crazy, depending on the player, to the likes of 2-3 thousand percent increase compared to just a couple years ago.

Reading a couple forums, many also collect other things; other things I never dreamt in my wildest dreams would be worth anything at all. Old cast iron frying pans, video games and consoles, toys, figurines, clothing, watches. It goes on and on. 

Who knows if it will last, however, as some have come down quite a bit already once things started opening back up. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, irv said:

Very well could. Collectibles and memorabilia went through the roof during this pandemic. I collect baseball/hockey cards and those also went crazy, depending on the player, to the likes of 2-3 thousand percent increase compared to just a couple years ago.

Reading a couple forums, many also collect other things; other things I never dreamt in my wildest dreams would be worth anything at all. Old cast iron frying pans, video games and consoles, toys, figurines, clothing, watches. It goes on and on. 

Who knows if it will last, however, as some have come down quite a bit already once things started opening back up. 

my buddies made huge bank in collectibles the past 18 months.  he was worried early on but made more than normal.  Good thing is he had shifted a lot from his physical stores to online selling over the previous few years.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, irv said:

I think you will see a correction when people get back to there regular lives and stop playing on ebay all day. Once the fly buy's are gone pricing will go back to normal levels. Just my opinion could be wrong.