Check your account email address ×

Hunter Houle dies in prerace crash...sad story.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Just saw this on Instagram and so sad that a such a young rising racer had this happen. Son of racing legend Steve Houle...RIP young man.

http://www.snox365.com/2017/01/06/hunter-houle-fatally-injured-at-pine-lake/

30 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Damn , it doesnt take much to get your bell rung and never come back. Be careful everyone

Yep , especially with this garbage we wear for snowmobile helmets .   I've been wishing for years for Shoei and or Arai to come out with a snow kit for their high end buckets .  This stuff we have now is just good looking junk when it come to real crash protection .  :bc:

16 minutes ago, racer254 said:

2 this weekend it separate racing series.  It really is a tragedy,

The other was in Michigan. Kid from hillman mi got ran over by 2 sleds during a race after he fell off. Rip.

Edited by Edmo

11 minutes ago, Edmo said:

The other was in Michigan. Kid from hillman mi got ran over by 2 sleds during a race after he fell off. Rip.

Damn...didn't hear about that one...sad.

1 hour ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Yep , especially with this garbage we wear for snowmobile helmets .   I've been wishing for years for Shoei and or Arai to come out with a snow kit for their high end buckets .  This stuff we have now is just good looking junk when it come to real crash protection .  :bc:

some high end lids have snow kits . I have a bud who buys/deducts  a new lid for work every yr . uses them for work 1 yr then down graded to sled next all have snow lenses and I know he drops north of 1500. bucks each . last 1 was north of 3g . pretty sure he buys all bell but not 100%  

8 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

more likely some ass clown running the left at u in a corner at 65.

True, that's why I hardly ever ride the main trail system on weekends, we ride fast but safe, only go like hell when you know where you are and can see others.

My brother Pat started the USCC which held the first races on Pine Lake. Pat was killed riding nearly 6 years ago in a freak accident on trails we had ridden all our lives.  It's so tough to hear about these young riders.  My heart goes out to their families and loved ones.  There aren't many names bigger in snowmobile racing than Houle.  Devastating.  

We know there are dangers in the sport but we hope and pray nothing like this ever happens.   You find some solace in knowing they died doing what they loved.  You hope these accidents don't deter people from continuing to ride, but also hope we learn from what happened so it doesn't ever happen again.  

I hope Pat has a couple new entries for next weeks race in a better place. 

Ride safe.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, JP Mach said:

My brother Pat started the USCC which held the first races on Pine Lake. Pat was killed riding nearly 6 years ago in a freak accident on trails we had ridden all our lives.  It's so tough to hear about these young riders.  My heart goes out to their families and loved ones.  There aren't many names bigger in snowmobile racing than Houle.  Devastating.  

We know there are dangers in the sport but we hope and pray nothing like this ever happens.   You find some solace in knowing they died doing what they loved.  You hope these accidents don't deter people from continuing to ride, but also hope we learn from what happened so it doesn't ever happen again.  

Ride safe.

Well said.

42 minutes ago, JP Mach said:

Ride safe.

Amen, Buddy and welcome to the site .  :bc:

1 hour ago, JP Mach said:

Ride safe.

I remember reading the story about your brother at Arctic Insider, for those who don't know JP's brother is the guy who revived big league cross country racing.

RIP Hunter.

Remember guys, tight to the right and expect the unexpected.