Check your account email address ×

Great Question

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

can you remember a time we were exiting a worldwide pandemic to have a valid comparison :dunno:  

^^^This^^^

Honestly I'm surprised it hasn't went up more.

Just now, Cold War said:

Work boots.  

Are you sure? There isnt one trademan sitting on the bench here. The work load is the highest its ever been. We cant get dumpsters for our jobs

Just now, Anler said:

Are you sure? There isnt one trademan sitting on the bench here. The work load is the highest its ever been. We cant get dumpsters for our jobs

No,  it was a joke.  Everything has jumped in price.   We were trying to lock down a rental car for vacation.  The price more than doubled from last year.   

Amazing how everything is in short supply, on back order and has went way up in price. Been waiting on a head for my zero turn for about a month now and no idea when it'll come in. Probably when the grass stops growing 

1 minute ago, Cold War said:

No,  it was a joke.  Everything has jumped in price.   We were trying to lock down a rental car for vacation.  The price more than doubled from last year.   

I guess its great there is so much work right now but all of the money we are spending on equipment (if we can get it) and overtime we will be lucky to make any money. LOL

Just now, Skidooski said:

Amazing how everything is in short supply, on back order and has went way up in price. Been waiting on a head for my zero turn for about a month now and no idea when it'll come in. Probably when the grass stops growing 

I said the same thing. Like what has changed from every other year? I tried buying some trailers and they told me November. wtf? 

1 minute ago, Anler said:

I said the same thing. Like what has changed from every other year? I tried buying some trailers and they told me November. wtf? 

I’ve been waiting on a wiper assembly for the track steer for 2 months 

Just now, Anler said:

Yeah I was throwing around the idea of getting myself a new trailer but I'll hold off for now. The old R&R has some life left in it  :lol: 

9 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Work boots.  

:lol: 

2 minutes ago, Cold War said:

It’s just insane as fuck.  We inquired on several new cars from dealerships and, while I expected to get bombarded by everyone there to buy a car, instead I got bombarded with offers to buy ours….no purchase needed.  I mean, damn near begging us to sell to them.  And that is reflected in used car sales also.  I read an article that listed several used cars that are now more expensive than when they were new.

WTF?

Lets not even talk home prices and what I just had to do to get something locked down.  Fuck me.

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

It’s just insane as fuck.  We inquired on several new cars from dealerships and, while I expected to get bombarded by everyone there to buy a car, instead I got bombarded with offers to buy ours….no purchase needed.  I mean, damn near begging us to sell to them.  And that is reflected in used car sales also.  I read an article that listed several used cars that are now more expensive than when they were new.

WTF?

Lets not even talk home prices and what I just had to do to get something locked down.  Fuck me.

My coworker sold his 1yr old versa to carvanna for 4K more than he paid for it brand new last year. They are paying insane money just to have inventory on the lot.

4 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

My coworker sold his 1yr old versa to carvanna for 4K more than he paid for it brand new last year. They are paying insane money just to have inventory on the lot.

These places are paying cash and their financing dept is cleaning up when they sell to new buyers.

The amount of money changing hands on large ticket items right now is fucking crazy…..and when it all falls apart (and it almost has to at this point), many will suffer.

15 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

WTF?

A new guy in our park was asked if he wanted to make $35,000 dollars on the trailer he just purchased from the park owner. Supposedly, someone or a couple, seen the listing a bit too late and asked the park owner to run this offer by the new owner. Just nuts!! :crazy:

• Gold Member
8 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

These places are paying cash and their financing dept is cleaning up when they sell to new buyers.

The amount of money changing hands on large ticket items right now is fucking crazy…..and when it all falls apart (and it almost has to at this point), many will suffer.

It has to fail at some point. I don’t even understand how carvanna could even pay 4K over what he paid new. The only thing we could think is they are trying to control the market over paying for everything and anything just to get it and put other car lots out of business.

8 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I honestly thought things might be different this year, but nope, the insanity continues. Boats, RV's, Sea-Doo's, you name it, still on fire with no end in sight. 

My son and I finally found him a pickup truck a month or so ago. He paid $10g's and could likely sell it right now for $15. A 13 Ram I wanted him to purchase was $25g's at the time but I see they are now selling in the $30-$32 range. IIRC, my 13 was around the $35g's mark brand new and only has 87,000 km's on it. The 13's I see going for that amount all have well over, in the 150,000 km range on them, which leads me to believe I could also get what I paid for mine?

26 minutes ago, Anler said:

I guess its great there is so much work right now but all of the money we are spending on equipment (if we can get it) and overtime we will be lucky to make any money. LOL

Jobs that may of taken a few days are now stretching into weeks or month.  Can’t get parts for nothing.  I tell people now… No time on estimated completion or materials price.  When they are in my hands, I’ll let you know when I can have job completed and final price.  

47 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

can you remember a time we were exiting a worldwide pandemic to have a valid comparison :dunno:  

No he only remembers the earth is flat.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

WTF?

We used to have a handful of cars for sale at all times.   Can’t buy anything anymore.  Had someone stop and offer double what we paid for our 06 f150. 

7 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

It has to fail at some point. I don’t even understand how carvanna could even pay 4K over what he paid new. The only thing we could think is they are trying to control the market over paying for everything and anything just to get it and put other car lots out of business.

It’s going to hit pretty hard I think.  Maybe not the 2009 levels but, people are going to take it in the shorts.  I can’t complain too much because we just sold our second house in two years and both were cash offers way over asking.  We just picked up a small home to get settled back up north and paid dearly for it but, we are liquid as fuck and I can rent that house out when it goes bust while I scoop shit up on the cheap.

I got hosed really bad on the last downturn….I’m ready for this next one.