Check your account email address ×

Great Question

• Gold Member
7 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Jobs that may of taken a few days are now stretching into weeks or month.  Can’t get parts for nothing.  I tell people now… No time on estimated completion or materials price.  When they are in my hands, I’ll let you know when I can have job completed and final price.  

The prices of paint is freakin insane. Owner came out to me with a slip of a gallon of k38 I ordered the other day $339 for the primer $137 activator our cost. $476 bucks for primer that half gets sanded off and ends up on the floor.

• Gold Member
10 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It’s going to hit pretty hard I think.  Maybe not the 2009 levels but, people are going to take it in the shorts.  I can’t complain too much because we just sold our second house in two years and both were cash offers way over asking.  We just picked up a small home to get settled back up north and paid dearly for it but, we are liquid as fuck and I can rent that house out when it goes bust while I scoop shit up on the cheap.

I got hosed really bad on the last downturn….I’m ready for this next one.

I think so to and the ones that are set up good will make some good money just like the last go around. 

5 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

The prices of paint is freakin insane. Owner came out to me with a slip of a gallon of k38 I ordered the other day $339 for the primer $137 activator our cost. $476 bucks for primer that half gets sanded off and ends up on the floor.

Just insane.  350-400 for a pint of paint and the estimate system is giving you $150 materials?  :lol:

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Automotive paint??

• Gold Member
11 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Automotive paint??

Yup, that was for gallon of primer. Paint is like coldwar said 3-400+ for a pint. This is all PPG and DuPont stuff. You can get pint of cheap shit that doesn’t match like Omni for 50-100 pint.

35 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It’s going to hit pretty hard I think.  Maybe not the 2009 levels but, people are going to take it in the shorts.  I can’t complain too much because we just sold our second house in two years and both were cash offers way over asking.  We just picked up a small home to get settled back up north and paid dearly for it but, we are liquid as fuck and I can rent that house out when it goes bust while I scoop shit up on the cheap.

I got hosed really bad on the last downturn….I’m ready for this next one.

I made out pretty well on the last downturn because I had cash to spend.  And right now I am probably in about the same situation and hope to do the same as last time.  Hell, if I didn't have such good renters right now I would be selling my house for twice what I paid and move into one of my rentals.  I just can't believe the prices houses are going for right now.

3 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

Yup, that was for gallon of primer. Paint is like coldwar said 3-400+ for a pint. This is all PPG and DuPont stuff. You can get pint of cheap shit that doesn’t match like Omni for 50-100 pint.

I work for an Axalta, Standox, Spies Heckler, Upol, 3m, and like a 100 other auto body lines distributor..We are getting price increases weekly..Check out Upol clears and primer, good prices and decent product. We have a special going on now with Upol clear, gallon with activator $50...not something you want to clear a 100k new Benz with, but for most jobs it's perfect.  We ship soft goods and non- hazmat products over $75 freight free out of Syracuse, NY

IMG_20210701_182502866.jpg

IMG_20210701_182526966.jpg

IMG_20210701_182626802.jpg

Edited by Rigid1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, racer254 said:

I made out pretty well on the last downturn because I had cash to spend.  And right now I am probably in about the same situation and hope to do the same as last time.  Hell, if I didn't have such good renters right now I would be selling my house for twice what I paid and move into one of my rentals.  I just can't believe the prices houses are going for right now.

Same here I bought my house when it was worth the cheapest it's been worth in the last 20 yrs. 

18 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I work for an Axalta, Standox, Spies Heckler, Upol, 3m, and like a 100 other auto body lines distributor..We are getting price increases weekly..Check out Upol clears and primer, good prices and decent product. We have a special going on now with Upol clear, gallon with activator $50...not something you want to clear a 100k new Benz with, but for most jobs it's perfect.  We ship soft goods and non- hazmat products over $75 freight free out of Syracuse, NY

Damn, that is cheap.   More loyal to our suppliers than anything.  Been using the same store for 30 years.  Only use PPG and Matrix.  A lot less Matrix since they sold out. They were a local company here. The  90 something owner would deliver the products .  He was Pretty cool guy old guy.  WW2 veteran. Had money, but you would never know. .  Dressed like a bum and drove an old caravan. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Damn, that is cheap.   More loyal to our suppliers than anything.  Been using the same store for 30 years.  Only use PPG and Matrix.  A lot less Matrix since they sold out. They were a local company here. The  90 something owner would deliver the products .  He was Pretty cool guy old guy.  WW2 veteran. Had money, but you would never know. .  Dressed like a bum and drove an old caravan. 

Ask your supplier about Upol, they are looking for distributors, they make a shit load of products, their Raptor bed liner is awesome, we sell a butt load of it

17 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Ask your supplier about Upol, they are looking for distributors, they make a shit load of products, their Raptor bed liner is awesome, we sell a butt load of it

Thanks.  
I will inquire about bed liner.  Doing an old Ford and looking for a good product to use. 

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

Never heard of them but thats dirt cheap. How well does it hold up over a few years? I’ll let the owner know about it. We’ve used the same two suppliers for probably 30years so it’ll be hard to get him to change but he is cheap lol so who knows.

11 hours ago, Anler said:

Name something that hasnt gone up significantly in price in the last year. 

Not sure but I would guess blow ? Funny how inflation has not affected drugs for decades. 

Just think, Gas prices are the highest in 7 years.  When was the last time fuel prices were this high?  OBAMA.  Yes sir, dem policies and agenda will raise energy prices, just like he said it would.  Anyone check their electricity rates lately?

9 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Just think, Gas prices are the highest in 7 years.  When was the last time fuel prices were this high?  OBAMA.  Yes sir, dem policies and agenda will raise energy prices, just like he said it would.  Anyone check their electricity rates lately?

Trump begged for QE and massive spending. This is a direct result of that. It’s inflation and it’s about to be hyperinflation 

Just now, f7ben said:

Trump begged for QE and massive spending. This is a direct result of that. It’s inflation and it’s about to be hyperinflation 

Yes, let's blame a guy that was only in DC for 4 years for something that has happened previously and that everyone was predicting if biden was elected.   LOL.  Remember what I said before, stick to something you know.