Check your account email address ×

04-07 cat snopro sled restoring posers

4 hours ago, Doug said:

I'm probably one of those guys.  I've got sleds I haven't ridden in 4-5 years.  On the other hand some sleds that I have restored and sold I've made very good money off of them and even better selling NOS parts to guys restoring sleds.  Still put on 3000 to 4000 miles a year.on current sleds,  have some limited built sleds I just like to have and a fun hobby when I want restoring sleds or searching and selling parts.

I have one i dont "ride", but a turf tiger wasn't meant to be ridden in the first place. 

10 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

That's when I close the garage door and say goodbye.  

By the third or forth one of those a year, I'd just tell them to go get the damn cheap sled and show them the door.

The worst was selling my 2012 race sled.

"I read on HCS that the 2013's are way better..."

Are you racing it?  No

Are you riding a 2012 and a 2013 back to back to back to back?  No

Are you capable of riding the sled to its full potential?  No...

Edited by racinfarmer

32 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

By the third or forth one of those a year, I'd just tell them to go get the damn cheap sled and show them the door.

The worst was selling my 2012 race sled.

"I read on HCS that the 2013's are way better..."

Are you racing it?  No

Are you riding a 2012 and a 2013 back to back to back to back?  No

Are you capable of riding the sled to its full potential?  No...

Selling a race sled is almost unbearable.  

I was just remembering some of the questions from buyers…..and some of the answers I gave them.  :lmao:

Buyer: ”Is it good on gas?”

Me (being a good sport): “Sure, it’ll prolly get great MPG’s until you burn it down in about three miles because the power valves haven’t been opened enough.”

Buyer: “What’s a power valve?”……hello?  Are you still there?  Can you hear me?  Hello?………….

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2021 at 2:30 AM, Not greg b said:

The problem is finding a good 440 that’s not a pile of garbage. There is not many around now 

Not many around now?  There wasn't many good 440s around 6 months after they were uncrated.

On 7/3/2021 at 7:24 AM, Zambroski said:

I was just remembering some of the questions from buyers…..and some of the answers I gave them.  :lmao:

Buyer: ”Is it good on gas?”

Me (being a good sport): “Sure, it’ll prolly get great MPG’s until you burn it down in about three miles because the power valves haven’t been opened enough.”

Buyer: “What’s a power valve?”……hello?  Are you still there?  Can you hear me?  Hello?………….

I loathe people who are interested in buying things yet don't have a clue what the fuck it is they are considering purchasing.

Hey dumbasses, ever heard of Google and doing some research?  IDK if people are just lazy, stupid or both any longer.

4 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I loathe people who are interested in buying things yet don't have a clue what the fuck it is they are considering purchasing.

Hey dumbasses, ever heard of Google and doing some research?  IDK if people are just lazy, stupid or both any longer.

IDK, some just need a bit of “schooling”.  The ones that don’t listen then complain later are the ones that miff me.  See: RR, XRS, XCR buyers with no skills.  The ones that buy race sleds with no idea wtf they are doing are just weird….and a bit sadistic.

14 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

Not many around now?  There wasn't many good 440s around 6 months after they were uncrated.

I found it surprising when I looked for mine, there were quite a few nice specimens, even in Canada. 
Its odd, just talking to people, quite a few never raced, so they said. All seemed to be 2005, they must of had a surplus?? 
There was also a lot of junk that people that people thought were something special. 

On the note of this thread, I do find it quite odd on that FB page how much money people put in to restoring these.

In reality just jealous. 

On 7/13/2021 at 4:38 PM, teamgreen02 said:

You could find a decent one pretty easy 15 years ago. Even finding an 08-2011 sno pro that’s not a trash pile is getting hard 

On 6/30/2021 at 10:51 PM, mnstang said:

These guys are a cult and it's retarded.

Different strokes for folks and all sure.  But there's a ton of guys that are super into restoring these sleds.  Down to nothing and back.  End of the day these guys are not actually into riding them, they just like the sleds and want to restore them to be mint and absolutely perfect.  But to me to see an un used sled, a race sled at that, is just such a waste.  If not a little poser'esque.  They were made to be thrashed on.  It's like they're missing the point.  Not that I'd want to thrash on that old shitty firecat chassis.

Depends on who's sled it was . Pedigree rece sleds prove to be worth some real money over time . Not my bag but glad some one dose it and let's be honest those things changed the game more than any other race sled in my life so a Pedigree snopro will prob be gold in 40 yrs 

On 7/2/2021 at 1:51 PM, Doug said:

I'm probably one of those guys.  I've got sleds I haven't ridden in 4-5 years.  On the other hand some sleds that I have restored and sold I've made very good money off of them and even better selling NOS parts to guys restoring sleds.  Still put on 3000 to 4000 miles a year.on current sleds,  have some limited built sleds I just like to have and a fun hobby when I want restoring sleds or searching and selling parts.

I can’t keep my sled running long enough to ride it now days. Probably won’t be able to ride this season either. 

On 7/15/2021 at 8:18 PM, Ez ryder said:

Depends on who's sled it was . Pedigree rece sleds prove to be worth some real money over time . Not my bag but glad some one dose it and let's be honest those things changed the game more than any other race sled in my life so a Pedigree snopro will prob be gold in 40 yrs 

it's sort of funny but I personally know three top notch collectors/sellers of 70's/80's of Cat sno pro oval sleds here in town. most of them have whittled down their collection to a few chosen prizes but they've also profited well by parting with the 'also ran's'.  

this thread is really stupid... people are passionate about things that may seem dumb to others, be it art, cars, guitars, coins, stamps, or whatever... a friend of mine sold her mothers Hummel collection for over a hunert-K.  ironic that her siblings wanted nothing to do with it after their mom passed then pissed and moaned when they found out what it was sold for.  she paid for her childrens college with the $ - because fools mocked  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

it's sort of funny but I personally know three top notch collectors/sellers of 70's/80's of Cat sno pro oval sleds here in town. most of them have whittled down their collection to a few chosen prizes but they've also profited well by parting with the 'also ran's'.  

this thread is really stupid... people are passionate about things that may seem dumb to others, be it art, cars, guitars, coins, stamps, or whatever... a friend of mine sold her mothers Hummel collection for over a hunert-K.  ironic that her siblings wanted nothing to do with it after their mom passed then pissed and moaned when they found out what it was sold for.  she paid for her childrens college with the $ - because fools mocked  

Agreed. I could give a crap less what others do with their $ as long as it don't affect me.

On 7/1/2021 at 8:33 AM, 800renegaderider said:

Happens with everything it starts to get old collectors buy them up. Look at 80s cars 10-15yrs ago dirt cheap throw away cars today your paying 50k+ for a nice grand national or cobra etc etc

1000000 percent exactly.  I tried looking for a 78 to 81 z28, and 79 to 89 stangs....retarded money all of the sudden.  Fuck that noise. Not worth it

On 7/23/2021 at 12:06 AM, snatchslayer said:

1000000 percent exactly.  I tried looking for a 78 to 81 z28, and 79 to 89 stangs....retarded money all of the sudden.  Fuck that noise. Not worth it

Its fucking nuts i just want a shitty ol 3rd gen trans am... people want 5gs for 500 dollar cars.  I should have grabbed one 5 years ago i guess

2 hours ago, Cwhite138 said:

Its fucking nuts i just want a shitty ol 3rd gen trans am... people want 5gs for 500 dollar cars.  I should have grabbed one 5 years ago i guess

Same . I saw a mint 78 z28 4sp years ago. Guy wanted 2500. Should have grabbed it. According to autotrader,  same car is going for average of 15k . Wtf